[Kernel+][Exynos] Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy S7 edge

Search This thread

StuifzandNL

Aug 13, 2010
Hoogeveen
What is the best MM Note port rom for this amazingly beautiful cool chroot ! Thanks for sharing this man!! And a new world has opend for me with nethunter yeah!!

FreeTheWeb

Hi , i have a S 7 edge F i installed the right nethunter then the generic and i'm using Hidra Room with 6.0.1 and N 7 ports when i start nethunter it say that root or busybox is mising but i gave the right permisions

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Reinstalled the supersu and same thing

Katendenka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi dude. is there any possiblity to build the nethunter kernel for hero2ltechn(SM-G9350) marshmallow...or the coming orio plz?

originalul

Apr 22, 2013
Iasi
No support for oreo on samsung galaxy s7 edge model: g935f ? I need it so much this kali hunter to work with deploy linux

Handeman707

Jan 21, 2010
Den Bosch (NL)
Reactions: originalul

originalul

Apr 22, 2013
Iasi
Magsik has two modules for kali Nethunter on Oreo.
(one is the Nethunter pakkacge on Magsik, the other is tge wifi support for Nethunter)
Enjoy! :):good:
Yes i installed and it is full working..but not to be used on a daily user phone ..not safe if you do pays with the phone...i unninstalled from this purpose.. and from what i read full support is only for oneplus & nexus phones(wifi monitoring chips related)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

i did install the package, but i cant download, it gives an error
Download full Chroot package Kali.tar.xz manual from https://build.nethunter.com/kalifs/kalifs-latest/kalifs-armhf-full.tar.xz. Put it in the path "/sdcard/" and rename it to kalifs-full/minimal.tar.xz
Read the description module carefully from Magisk

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

i did install the package, but i cant download, it gives an error
Read carefully the description of mosule magisk ....download manually the full chroot package with .tar.xz extension from link description module.

Reactions: Handeman707

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WARNING: When using custom kernels on the S7 edge, never turn off developer options or OEM unlock. If you do, you will lose all your data and have to flash a full stock firmware restore to use your device again!

OKAY SO

This is Kali NetHunter 3.15.2 for the Galaxy S7 edge.

If you don't know what Kali NetHunter is, well, it's the entire Kali Linux operating system in a chroot on your phone, plus a bunch of awesome apps for executing exploits, fixing things, doing cool things. It goes on, I suppose.
    I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm not a security person. When it comes to security, I'm more of a Paul Blart.
    What I do know though, is that there is apt-get, and apt-get is life.

Find much more information here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki
    The answer to all your questions, generally the answer is YES, IT CAN DO THAT.

Most ROMs should be supported, as our installer uses a dynamic patching method on your current boot image!

The NetHunter installer zip will add a few files to your /system partition, and install all of the NetHunter apps to your /data partition.
    The chroot is located in /data/local/nhsystem, so you don't have to worry about your system partition being full. It's full read/write capable.
    Understand that the zip will replace your current kernel with a completely different one.
    This is necessary because most stock or custom kernels don't provide the drivers needed to operate most of Kali NetHunter's features.

NetHunter also includes its own Busybox that gives you full large file support and some extra applets.
    It will not overwrite your current one, and will happily install alongside it as busybox_nh.

DOWNLOAD

Current version: 3.15.2 (stable, 2016-11-04)

Please be careful to download the right version based on this table:
    SM-G935F, SM-G935FD, SM-G935W8, SM-G935X: kernel-nethunter-hero2lte-*
    SM-G935K, SM-G935L, SM-G935S: kernel-nethunter-hero2ltekor-*
    S7 flat: You're in the wrong forum!
    All others be sad.

For the apps, chroot, and everything other than just the kernel, you will also need to download:
    nethunter-generic-arm64-*

See installation instructions before proceeding!

Downloads are available at: http://build.nethunter.com/nightly/

BEFORE INSTALLING

IMPORTANT: Kali NetHunter requires write access to your data partition!
    This means that if your data partition is encrypted, you will need to use the [Format Data] button in TWRP to remove encryption.
    This will delete all your data, including internal storage.
    You should back everything up first before installing Kali NetHunter.
    Samsung Smart Switch Mobile can be useful for this, and allows you to back up your apps to a location on an external SDcard.
    Unfortunately it doesn't back up most app data.

The Kali chroot and apps are installed on your data partition (in /data/local/nhsystem for chroot). To initialize the chroot and install Kali Linux, you need to start the Kali NetHunter app.

The generic NetHunter installer will automatically install SuperSU. We try to keep it up to date, but it isn't always.
    If you already have SuperSU or another root method installed, please simply delete the supersu.zip from the root of the zip file before installing it.

It's recommended that you restore or flash your ROM's original kernel before installing NetHunter.

It's become apparent that there may be issues with the stock ROM and this kernel, and that it might run best on a Note 7 port.

FULL INSTALLATION STEPS
    1. Install Team Win Recovery Project to your recovery partition.
      Transparent.gif
    2. Recommended: If you have a custom kernel or SuperSU installed, restore your stock kernel. (called Boot in TWRP)
      This isn't entirely necessary, but you may need to flash the NetHunter kernel again if SuperSU replaces it.
      Transparent.gif
    3. If your data partition doesn't mount in TWRP:
      Go to [Wipe] -> [Format Data] (not advanced wipe) -> type "yes".
      WARNING: This will wipe your internal storage, disable encryption, and factory reset your phone!
      Once your data partition is formatted, go to [Reboot] -> [Recovery].
      Transparent.gif
    4. Download the kernel-nethunter zip specific to your device.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer the NetHunter kernel installer zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
      Transparent.gif
    5. If you wiped your data partition in step 2:
      Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
      Set up your phone by following the Android setup wizard.
      Once it's set up, reboot back into recovery.
      Transparent.gif
    6. For new installations: Download the nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs zip.
      For upgrades: Download the update-nethunter-generic-arm64 zip.
      Without exiting TWRP, transfer the NetHunter generic arm64 installer zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
      Transparent.gif
    7. Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
      Transparent.gif
    8. Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
      Transparent.gif
    9. Open the NetHunter app to initialize the environment
      Transparent.gif
    10. You're done!
    * MTP, known as Media Transfer Protocol, is the same way you transfer files from your PC to your device when booted into system.

UPDATING TO A NEWER BUILD OR UPDATING YOUR ROM

Follow the installation steps above. NetHunter can be installed over itself as many times as you'd like.
    If you don't want to lose your chroot, flash the smaller update-nethunter-generic-arm64 zip instead.

THE KERNEL

The NetHunter kernel for the Galaxy S7 edge is based on Samsung's OSRC N930SKSU2BPID Note 7 kernel sources.
    It has the following changes:
    • Carefully updated to Linux 3.18.44 (with dirtycow vulnerability patched)
    • SELinux permissive
    • F2FS updated to Jaeguek Kim's latest kernel.org f2fs-stable sources
    • F2FS formatted data partition support
    • Enabled USB (OTG) Atheros, Ralink, and Realtek WiFi drivers
    • FIOPS IO scheduler as default IO scheduler, SIO available
    • USB HID Gadget keyboard & mouse support
    • mac80211 packet injection support
    • DriveDroid compatibility
    • Additional drivers built in for the full Kali NetHunter experience
    • Data partition encryption disabled (not supported by custom kernels at the moment)
    • Kernel module support, insert your own modules!
    • CIFS, NFS available through included kernel modules

RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?

In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
    • The link to the exact zip you downloaded
    • Your device model
    • The name of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • The version and build date of the ROM you're flashing it on
    • A complete description of your problem
    If your issue is with a specific app, it might be better to contact the developer of that app.

For Kali NetHunter bugs/issues, you can open a ticket at: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/issues

If your issue is during the installation (ex. flashing the NetHunter zip), then please collect a TWRP recovery.log for me.

If you found a problem and were able to fix it, and no one's mentioned it in the thread already, it would be kind to state the issue and your fix for others to make use of as well.

You can join me and the other NetHunter developers on IRC at the #nethunter room on freenode to more handily diagnose problems together.
    I apologize, but I can't do house calls at this time.

KNOWN ISSUES

• USB Keyboard - The keyboard is unusable when using Google Keyboard as your input method. Switch to Hacker's Keyboard.
    • Reboot after 60 seconds - Sometimes when you boot your device it could reboot after 60 seconds because of a Samsung secure service not responding. Unresolved, but rare, and only happens within 60 seconds of a boot.
    DEVELOPMENT

You can see the main branch of NetHunter's development on the Offensive Security GitHub: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
    Galaxy S7 edge NetHunter kernel source: https://github.com/jcadduono/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/nethunter-6.0

SCREENSHOTS
    25c63e26e3.jpg
    9bbb4c055b.jpg

c52cfc8ea6.jpg
    57e87e32cb.jpg

f3d2a6f8e9.jpg
    3968525d48.jpg

DISCLAIMER

I am not affiliated with Offensive Security. They seem like cool guys though.
    I'm not even a novice when it comes to security and penetration. I'm just a simple system administrator with a passion for breaking Android.
    Please restrain yourselves from asking me security related questions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kali NetHunter for the Galaxy S7 edge, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
    jcadduono, The Kali NetHunter team
    Source Code: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.15.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-11-04

Created 2016-10-06
    Last Updated 2016-11-04
    Thanks for the kernel, does this work with Superman rom does anyone know? Is this essentially stock kernel with some extras, do all cores work?

One last question, is it safe to use the Note7 Canadian kernel on the Canadian S7 edge? I ask because unlike the US, the processors are not the same, S7 Edge is Qualcomm and Note7 is Snapdragon bit in the usa on the otherhand both are Snpdragon, same cpu.

Cheers!

It's impossible to use Snapdragon kernel on Exynos. We're only supporting the Exynos devices, as the Canadian Snapdragon is locked.

The Canadian S7 edge should run the International S7 edge kernel without any issues.

I would assume it should work fine with any of the ROMs out right now, unless their boot image is unable to fit the new kernel. Most if not all ROMs are probably using the stock boot image with a few text edits here and there, so they should be fine.

As for the all cores working issue, I ran into one where 2 of the main cores were unable to start up when I had KALLSYMS disabled. I had to enable it anyways since I'm using module support, so at least that's not an issue in this kernel that exists, I think...
    You 2 just get married already. This ain't Facebook i swear this place is turning into 4chan most days

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA Premium HD app
    Waiting for the 'Nougat kernel' (hero2) edge 7 for kali-Nethunter...

you'll have to let me know if someone successfully gets a custom kernel booting on Nougat. Samsung's made changes that attempt to make it impossible again to boot custom kernel binaries through their stock init binary. I don't own an S7 so I can't really do any debugging to find ways around it, so I'll wait for someone else to come up with a solution. My current solution for Marshmallow is to use an older init binary that doesn't have these anti-custom-kernel modifications. In Nougat we need a Nougat init binary that works with TouchWiz. This is either going to require hex editing to remove the anti-custom-kernel code or build an init binary from scratch that matches up with whatever modifications Samsung made to make their stuff work.

I've moved to the ZTE Axon 7 since I no longer trust Samsung anymore.
    Wanted to give an update for anyone looking.

Running Renovate 2.0 N7 port on the S7E G935F running Nethunter. I have full support with the TP Link TL-WN722N and it appears to be extremely fast. I have not run into any issues as of yet.

To get the TP Link to work is a little tricky though. It shows up in the nethunter app, but not when you try to use a ifconfig. You have to reset the adapter in the nethunter app under mac changing.

Select Mac Changer, select wlan1, click the 3 dots on the top and reset adapter. After that you're ready to rock and roll.