[KERNEL] FD's Kernel v1.0 (OC/UV, CWM4, BLN, ROOT)

Search This thread

FrozenData

May 30, 2010
Yes!! My first release. (another kernel ;))

To keep it simple; this is a basic kernel, compiled from Samsung source.
My target was to keep it fast, stable and improve battery life at the same time.

Features:
Disabled unnecessary debugging and logging (logcat/dmesg) - for increased smoothness
OC/UV - CPU Freq range is 7 now (200/500/800/1000/1200/1400/1600)
Supports BLN
Touch sensitivity fix
Minor performance tweaks
CWM4
ROOT
Using Samsung Update2 source code
Using Chainfire's initramfs

Recommended Voltage:
OC/UV available with SetCPU or Voltage Controller.
1600MHz: 1350mV
1400MHz: 1250mV
1200MHz: 1200mV
1000MHz: 1100mV
800MHz: 1000mV
500MHz: 950mV
200MHz: 850mV

Screenshots:
Quadrant is not an accurate benchmark tool, but on an average with this kernel (Scaling: ondemand), I'm able to achieve ~4200 to ~4400.

wTeVg.png
WD5Uf.png

Note: This is a hobby for me and I do this in my free time. If you like my work, you can always say thanks :).

I would like to thank the following members of this community: chainfire, creams, hacre, codeworkx, hardcore, netarchy and vitalij.
If I forgot to mention someone - apologizes.

Disclaimer: Flashing could break your hardware. Use at your own risk!

Updates:
FD-Kernel_SGS2_v1.0b:
Updated initramfs to KI4

Attachments

• FD-Kernel_SGS2_v1.0.tar
    5.9 MB · Views: 616
  • FD-Kernel_SGS2_v1.0b.tar
    5.8 MB · Views: 847
Last edited:

HTCDevil

Mar 11, 2009
Caserta
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 9
Thanks man, another good kernel for us for testing and improving our phone's experience ;)

Some questions :D :
1) root is an "auto-root" or it has to be installed using CWM?

2) BLN support includes correct libraries installation or it depends by specific rom (lights.GT-I9100.so modified)?

3) That quadrant score in the figure is high...on what build you were when you have obtained that result?

4) I often use GPS, have you planned for the future some kind of features to improve it?

Thank you for your work, i'll test it with pleasure. :)

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Good luck! I wish you all the best!

A good idea would be to post what version's initramfs you're using. I suppose this is for XWKI4?

Reactions: FrozenData

FrozenData

May 30, 2010
Its a kernel, you can use it with any build.
I'm using KG3 initramfs from Chainfire though.

Thanks man, another good kernel for us for testing and improving our phone's experience ;)

2) BLN support includes correct libraries installation or it depends by specific rom (lights.GT-I9100.so modified)?

3) That quadrant score in the figure is high...on what build you were when you have obtained that result?

4) I often use GPS, have you planned for the future some kind of features to improve it?

1) Auto-root
2) Kernel has the support, you should have compatible ROM or if required, I can provide the cwm zip to install the .so file.
3) Stock KG3
4) There is no point in releasing updates and making the users the guinea-pigs. If I'm able to achieve performance improvement without sacrificing battery and stability, I'll update and release a new version. But, yes, I plan on continuing the development.

Thanks for your support. :)

Reactions: HTCDevil

HTCDevil

Mar 11, 2009
Caserta
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 9

1) Auto-root
2) Kernel has the support, you should have compatible ROM or if required, I can provide the cwm zip to install the .so file.
3) Stock KG3
4) There is no point in releasing updates and making the users the guinea-pigs. If I'm able to achieve performance improvement without sacrificing battery and stability, I'll update and release a new version. But, yes, I plan on continuing the development.

Thank you for your answers. I'll test it on XWKI4 Odexed and then on my Deodex version. BLN libraries could be important but not needed (if everyone knew what to do :D ).

Have you provided any kind of script in etc/init.d?

Nice work, i've subscribed your 3D for following it ;)

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Battery calibration done now will discharge to 100% like a mad man today lol to test this out. Not had much luck with previous update2 kernels in relation to battery but lets see what this baby can do. UV settings so far stable, slight sensitivity issues whilst in charge. Will report my findings in due course.

Thanks again mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

FrozenData

May 30, 2010
Thank you for your answers. I'll test it on XWKI4 Odexed and then on my Deodex version. BLN libraries could be important but not needed (if everyone knew what to do :D ).

I'm guessing everyone knows about BLN library. Incase if someone asks for help, I'm sure either me or someone else will jump in to help. :)
No, I've not added any scripts.
Thanks.

Battery calibration done now will discharge to 100% like a mad man today lol to test this out. Not had much luck with previous update2 kernels in relation to battery but lets see what this baby can do. UV settings so far stable, slight sensitivity issues whilst in charge. Will report my findings in due course.

Thanks again mate.

Thanks for the support.

netchip

Sep 2, 2011

My target was to keep it fast, stable and improve battery life at the same time.

Features:
Disabled unnecessary debugging and logging (logcat/dmesg) - for increased smoothness
Supports BLN
Touch sensitivity fix
Minor performance tweaks
CWM4
ROOT

Recommended Voltage:

Screenshots:
Quadrant is not an accurate benchmark tool, but on an average with this kernel (Scaling: ondemand), I'm able to achieve ~4200 to ~4400.

wTeVg.png
WD5Uf.png

Note: This is a hobby for me and I do this in my free time. If you like my work, you can always say thanks :).

I would like to thank the following members of this community: chainfire, creams, hacre, codeworkx, hardcore, netarchy and vitalij.

Updates:
FD-Kernel_SGS2_v1.0b:
Updated initramfs to KI4
May I tell you that is a little bit stupid for disabling debugging tools?
Now users can not do bugreports, cannot use adb for pushing files.
Cannot use adb in recoverymod for fixing a bad script, nothing.

FrozenData

May 30, 2010
I'll up it sometime next week. My bandwidth limit has almost reached for this month.

May I tell you that is a little bit stupid for disabling debugging tools?
Now users can not do bugreports, cannot use adb for pushing files.
Cannot use adb in recoverymod for fixing a bad script, nothing.
All final releases are supposed to have them disabled. Debugging is left on only for development purposes.

BTW, adb install/push/pull will still work. That isn't disable.

netchip

Sep 2, 2011
I'll up it sometime next week. My bandwidth limit has almost reached for this month.

All final releases are supposed to have them disabled. Debugging is left on only for development purposes.

BTW, adb install/push/pull will still work. That isn't disable.
Okay, but you can disable adb.
Debugging is also handy for people who make a own app, or ROM.
Ex. ROM chefs.

FrozenData

May 30, 2010
Okay, but you can disable adb.
Debugging is also handy for people who make a own app, or ROM.
Ex. ROM chefs.

Yes. But, disabling adb completely isn't a wise choice. In-case a user is facing problem with their ROM and data-wipe doesn't help, they will need to push in a clean ROM to flash from CWM, it is important to have adb then.
Developers should use another kernel. This is meant for end-users who likes their phones fast and stable.

ygor.almeida

Nov 1, 2009
Sao Paulo
www.extrememdos.com.br
Hi

I found a problem - i cannot use QtADB software ( hxxp: // qtadb.wordpress.com ) with his Kernel. Right now just SiyahKernel works great. Can you please take a look and see how to add the use of this software correctly under your system.

hxxp: // xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683223 Some explanation of problem and how to fix it.

Thanks a lot for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:
    Supports BLN
    Touch sensitivity fix
    Minor performance tweaks
    CWM4
    ROOT

Recommended Voltage:

Screenshots:

wTeVg.png
    WD5Uf.png

Updates:
    FD-Kernel_SGS2_v1.0b:
    Updated initramfs to KI4
    Good luck! I wish you all the best!

A good idea would be to post what version's initramfs you're using. I suppose this is for XWKI4?

1) Auto-root
    3) Stock KG3

1) Auto-root
    3) Stock KG3

Thanks again mate.