- Jun 21, 2014
Venom Kernel for A7000 (aio_row)
Venom is designed for maximum performance and battery backup. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.
It is feature Enriched kernel which makes your device even better than before.
Compiled with UBERTC 6.x
Features : (Note : Might vary as per versions)
- RGB color control
- Working RED and GREEN notification LED.
- Smartwake for config-panel
- Vibration control using thunderquake engine module by varun.chitre15
- Performance and battery optimizations
- USB fast Charging enabled by default
- TCP Congestion Algorithm (TCPCA) set to Westwood by default
- All other TCPCA added
- Double tap to wake enabled + Customisable Haptic feedback
- So much customisable dt2w, like screen area, time for tap, relative distance between taps... Much more
- Wifi Power Management (taken from GSandeep96)
- Fixes for blueborne bluetooth vulnerability at kernel level
- Entropy tweaks -- Increased entropy values in random.c to max pool
- Network tcp window tweak -- Lock window size to full for maximum speed
- Pocket Mode to prevent dt2w from waking up screen when proximity sensor is covered
- Enabled Forced fast charge -- Customisable
- Standalone kernel-level livedisplay support. You can use livedisplay on any ROM, not only LineageOS-based.
CPU governors :
(In alphabetical order)
- Poison --- Default custom governor made by me (based on ThunderX)
Features of my Poison governor :
- Dynamic CPU frequency transition mode engine. More info in Poison governor thread.
- Battery Optimising tweaks.
- Best governor for this device because it is made for A7000
- Custom tunables :
Can be found here, in my poison governor thread.
Note : Not all tunables in latest versions are documented in Poison thread. Some are documented within the release changelogs. I'll update things when I get time.
For custom roms:
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the Kernel Zip
- Reboot to system and Enjoy
Download links and Changelog :
See second post
Supports all Custom roms (MM and N (based on MM libs) only)
Stock + Vibe Roms also Supported [MM only]
Jiayu-based ROMS (LP libs based) NOT supported.
Still more features might come. Who knows what time may bring.
* Take a Nandroid backup before installing
Appreciate me by thanking me... Or... You could donate to me if you're an Indian!!!
How to donate ??
---> Simple. Send me a PM or mail me ( [email protected] ) and say that you're willing to donate. Further instructions will be sent by me.
I also want to build venom for myself!
Sure! You can find the link for the venom kernel source below in xda DevDB info.
The branch currently in use is "Snapshot" but you can also use "master" build which is a simpler less-featured source.
Both the sources should be compiling with ease. If they don't compile, let me know ASAP.
(Sources are a mess due to bulk releases right now, but the source will be updated with proper commit history once I'm free from school after April-may)
Venom kernel aio_row, Kernel for the Lenovo A7000
tanish2k09, rohan taneja, GSandeep, daniel_hk, Team M.A.D, aryankedare, HDHR, flar2, varun.chitre15, franciscofranco
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/tanish2k09/Venom_A7k/[/URL]
Kernel Special Features: Custom CPU governor, custom code, dynamic tuneables
Current Stable Version: 3.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-10-18
Last Updated 2018-06-27