[KERNEL][FEB 8] RyzenKernel -r3 (stock/oreo)

Search This thread

Abomb

Jan 17, 2007
Hamburg
Regarding the Backlight Dimmer, when I enable it I can lower screen brightness well below normal levels, but that also is true for the whole range of brightness levels. What I mean is that also when setting to max bightness the display is still less bright than normal values. I don't know how it's supposed to work, so if that is the intended behaviour then everything is fine, just thought I mention it in case it's not :)
Also is there a way to enable/disable the dimmer switch from terminal/tasker, or even control how much lowe the brightness can go?

anonyo

Feb 10, 2014
Can anyone please confirm if Xposed for Oreo works with this kernel? I know Xposed for oreo is still in beta, but just would like to know if the device boots without any issues. Any bugs in Xposed will soon be smoothed out I expect.
Thanks

Droidge

Jun 4, 2014
Loved using this on 8.0. The backlight dimming feature was phenomenal, eagerly waiting for an update for Android 8.1!

Abomb

Jan 17, 2007
Hamburg
Not sure if this is a kernel problem but also not sure where to ask this (if you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful).
When I take a call and then receive a notification the sound of the other person cuts out, also I don't hear any notification sound. I tried disabling notification sounds but the problem persists. I also tried to google for a solution but could not come up with anything even coming close to my problem.
Here is the relevant logcat: https://pastebin.com/rk7dQ7Cu

JeanMoraes11

Apr 1, 2018
Hello. I have the bootloader unlocked and I have root, but I use stock room and I do not have twrp installed. I have no experience with fastboot, could you tell me which commands to use?
I use version 8.0 Android stock

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
Hello. I have the bootloader unlocked and I have root, but I use stock room and I do not have twrp installed. I have no experience with fastboot, could you tell me which commands to use?
I use version 8.0 Android stock

fastboot flash boot filename.img to flash kernel.

fastboot boot twrpfilename.img to boot into twrp,

the flash kernel zip from there.

JeanMoraes11

Apr 1, 2018
fastboot flash boot filename.img to flash kernel.

fastboot boot twrpfilename.img to boot into twrp,

the flash kernel zip from there.

It's simples. Thanks.
Do I need an expecific app to make some changes in kernel feactures ?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Well, I installed the kernel. As I already had root (I did root some time ago through a file called boot.img, I did not use any manager like magisk or supersu) I installed the kernel version without the magisk. However, when the device called, I noticed that it had lost root access. Then I tried to install the kernel version with magisk, however the device still has no root. I tried to install the boot.img that I used to do root previously but to no avail. How can I proceed?

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
It's simples. Thanks.
Do I need an expecific app to make some changes in kernel feactures ?

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Well, I installed the kernel. As I already had root (I did root some time ago through a file called boot.img, I did not use any manager like magisk or supersu) I installed the kernel version without the magisk. However, when the device called, I noticed that it had lost root access. Then I tried to install the kernel version with magisk, however the device still has no root. I tried to install the boot.img that I used to do root previously but to no avail. How can I proceed?

flash kernel.

boot into android.

download Magisk, transfer to phone. boot into TWRP, flash magisk zip file.

PS:- flashing a kernel, you will loose root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    24172425139l.jpg

for Stock-Oreo​

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM goes the Dynamite
    */

Current Features

* Up streamed to latest stable version 4.4.115
    * Built with GCC 4.9
    * KCAL Control
    * Wakelock Blocking
    * Safetynet fixes
    * Some other tweaks
    * GPU initial frequently lowered to 160mhz

Kernel Aduitor/EX Kernel Manager is recommended for making kernel changes

Kernel Downloads:
    Click

Instructions:

A) Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a complete backup of everything! At least backup BOOT via TWRP
    * If you're not coming from completely stock kernel, please dirty flash stock first.
    * Flash kernel zip and Reboot
    B) via fastboot
    * flash Ryzen_rX.img via fastboot (this image doesn't have root)
    * flash Ryzen_rX_m.img via fastboot (this image is already patched with latest Magisk-v15.3)

Reporting Bugs (please read):
    1. Make sure you're not using any tweak apps (Greenify, Naptime, anything else related), otherwise no support will be given.
    2. If you previously flashed another custom kernel, make sure you dirty flash stock first.
    3. Logs! Please provide dmesg kernel logs via Syslog app. If you experienced a kernel panic (system crash/reboot) please provide all ramoops file in /sys/fs/pstore/

thanks to everyone who helped me achieve this.

RenderBroken, flar2, joshuous, ak, myfluxi, Savoca and Many More!

Thank you guys!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][FEB 8] RyzenKernel -r3 (stock/oreo), Kernel for the Moto X4

Contributors
    kraatus90
    Source Code: https://github.com/kraatus90/payton.git

Kernel Special Features: Powered by potatoe

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: r3
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-08
    Current Beta Version: r1
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-22

Created 2018-01-22
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    Update r2 is released. link on first post.

* upstreamed to latest stable kernel release 4.4.114. :D
    So... I have not had much time lately to work on X4 stuff. But I did find time to build a script to inject the TWRP ramdisk into whatever boot image happens to be on the device.

It works, but for SOME reason it seems to always boot to recovery. Weird. I need to figure out why this is happening. Once I do, we should be able to use the bootable TWRP to flash a TWRP installer ZIP after flashing a custom kernel.

This seems like a much better scenario than having to recompile TWRP with each new custom kernel as it is released.

Will update again in a few days when I nail down this recovery bootloop.

If anyone wants to look, the ZIP is here (again, DON'T flash it as it bootloops): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UzCz5sgJGCZJZ9ws_H4XZkxOQioWeyoc
    It is frustrating that I spent 2 months trying to make a boot image start directly to recovery, and now I can't seem make one that DOESN'T. :)
    would it be possible to add support for lowering minimum screen brightness?

will try in next update.

Edit:

Update r3 is here