[KERNEL] [February 4] ElementalX-OP5 5.09

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I have the same problem, but didn't use Flashify. For me the random hangs are followed by a reboot too, but happen very rarely (once every few days) so I didn't try to fix it yet. Just yesterday it hanged twice in a row, after which it was fine again. Would it help to send you some kind of log @flar2?

*edit: Stock H2OS (magisk 13.3) +EX 1.06 (stock settings)

Yes, you need to send the contents of /sys/fs/pstore/

If you are overclocking, stop. I can't think of any other reason for instability. I have not had any reboots.

Reactions: ipredatorv

ipredatorv

Jul 4, 2017
Yes, you need to send the contents of /sys/fs/pstore/

If you are overclocking, stop. I can't think of any other reason for instability. I have not had any reboots.
I will submit the pstore contents tomorrow :)
I'm not overclocking (haven't changed anything really, as I wrote everything from 1.06 is on stock). I suspect our hangs/reboots are connected to a magisk module.

sleepwalking0593

Jul 25, 2017
Noida
OnePlus 5
Will someone please explain me which settings to choose in aroma installer. If i ovwrclock will it drain more battery? What data would be loat of i chexk fsync and about dim brightness will of lower brightness in direct sunlight also making it difficult to see phone

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Will someone please explain me which settings to choose in aroma installer. If i ovwrclock will it drain more battery? What data would be loat of i chexk fsync and about dim brightness will of lower brightness in direct sunlight also making it difficult to see phone

Overclocking probably doesn't make much difference, if you are concerned about battery, don't do it.

Fsync is another thing that doesn't make much difference unless you're into benchmarks and performance. The risk of data loss is small, basically only if the phone randomly reboots before the filesystem is synced

Backlight dimmer allows the screen to go darker and lowers brightness at low levels while keeping the brightness the same at mid to high levels. You'll still be able to see the screen in the sun. Some people use it for a slight battery advantage, I use it because I don't like the screen to be too bright when I use the phone in the dark.

aneeshmbabu

May 22, 2013
Pune
Hi , I'm new to one plus , presently I'm using Franco kernel , and now i read for flashing this kernel need to be flash the stock kernel , how I can get the stock kernel , I have the twrp nandroid back up of stock rom takeb after I installed twrp,t hen I flashed Franco kernal.. help me in this regard .. ps: I m not decrypted the phone
Sorry for the bad English.. cheers

alex.coffen

Jul 28, 2017
Could you fix the behavior of the "save power mode" button. When I disable 2 CPU cores in the "CPU" setting and then click into "power save" mode and click again to exit "power save" mode, the 2 cores are enabled again.

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hi , I'm new to one plus , presently I'm using Franco kernel , and now i read for flashing this kernel need to be flash the stock kernel , how I can get the stock kernel , I have the twrp nandroid back up of stock rom takeb after I installed twrp,t hen I flashed Franco kernal.. help me in this regard .. ps: I m not decrypted the phone
Sorry for the bad English.. cheers

Make sure you do a boot.img backup whenever you do a system update. Then you always have the stock kernel available.

ipredatorv

Jul 4, 2017
There will only be files there if the phone reboots due to a kernel panic
I've got 2 files in that folder now. Attached it as folders.zip to this post. I tried to install Memrise from Google Playstore, when it finished downloading and installed the phone crashed and rebooted (tried a second time with the same result). Do the files give you any insight?

Attachments

• Folder.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 6

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I've got 2 files in that folder now. Attached it as folders.zip to this post. I tried to install Memrise from Google Playstore, when it finished downloading and installed the phone crashed and rebooted (tried a second time with the same result). Do the files give you any insight?

It just ends abruptly with no kernel error. The problem is something else.

Reactions: ipredatorv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 5
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Advanced color control
    • K-Lapse support
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight dimmer
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • LED settings
    • High brightness mode
    • Block wakelocks
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • USB fastcharge
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet
    • Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.
    Do NOT flash this over other custom kernels!
    You should only flash ElementalX over the kernel that came with your ROM!!!

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

Control high brightness mode with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.hbmwidget

You can also use my free app Button Mapper to configure the navigation buttons.

Google+ Community

Downloads

OxygenOS 9 (Pie)
    ElementalX-OP5-5.09

OxygenOS Oreo
    ElementalX-OP5-3.11

OxygenOS/HydrogenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 8.0.0)
    ElementalX-OP5-2.07

OxygenOS/HydrogenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 7.1.1)
    ElementalX-OP5-1.11

Source code
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP5, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-06-24
    Last Updated 2020-02-05
    Update!!!

A minor update for OxygenOS 5.0 (Oreo)

Stock/OxygenOS-based (Oreo)
    ElementalX-OP5-2.00

Changes:
    -initial release for Oreo
    Update!!!

This update adds LED options, CIFS and NFS support, disables the capacitive buttons while you are touching the screen and a global vibration control. The global vibration control works together with the vibration settings in Settings->Sound & vibration->Vibration intensity. Before this change, those settings were ignored.

OxygenOS Android 7.1.1
    ElementalX-OP5-1.02

Changes:
    -add global vibration control
    -add LED fade options (@Lord Boeffla)
    -add CIFS and NFS support
    -ignore button presses while touching screen
    I'm back from vacation, updates coming.

And who is downvoting the thread? Wtf?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone