[KERNEL] [February 4] OnePlus 7 ElementalX 2.11 (Android 10)

Search This thread

SaltyDogg0h

May 1, 2018
Hey just got the ex kernal manager and updated it on 7t. What are some recommended settings for gaming (ML:BB and AoV) with thoughts on battery life. I pretty much use it for those two games and chrome.

perrr

Oct 4, 2018
I'm really a huge fan of the elementalx kernel(s)
i own a Oneplus 7 pro and recently updated to android 11 beta 1.
they did a pretty good job doing so, but still I am wondering if there will be a OP7pro kernel made by flar2?

many thanks in advance, greetings from Perr-NL

pawelmiernik

Feb 4, 2016
I'm working on it. My phone updated to 11 and I'm suffering without the kernel. This is still my main phone.
Hey just a heads up, I've got a gm1900 and I have tried kirisakura 1.1.3_R, blu_spark r_156 and latest nem0 from telegram, all of which work great in oos_11, but also, all of them brake the proximity sensor. The sensor is not detected by test apps and does not turn the screen off during a call. Reflashing latest oos 11 stable brings sensor back online.

rezaluchu

Oct 23, 2010
Hi @flar2, I've installed the kernel in my OP7T.
The kernel is stable, no random reboot.

But, same with other has mentioned in other kernel thread, with custom kernel my OP7T, the ear proximity sensor is not working. Not a big issue, but if it can be fixed, it will be great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-082354.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-082354.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 35

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hi @flar2, I've installed the kernel in my OP7T.
The kernel is stable, no random reboot.

But, same with other has mentioned in other kernel thread, with custom kernel my OP7T, the ear proximity sensor is not working. Not a big issue, but if it can be fixed, it will be great.
I don't think the proximity driver is even in the kernel, though there is probably something in the device tree. However, it is impossible to know what info is missing.

This is something OnePlus needs to fix. Their source releases are terrible lately. They are no longer developer friendly, seeming to take the route of Xiaomi and other shady manufacturers that try to hide things.

Aug 20, 2016
CHICO
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7
I flashed Kirisakura-Kernel Wich gave me a 675 OC function than I flashed Ex. Kernel. The OC function still works and from some bench marks ex runs my FPS best with the mix. The EX app is great to them up to. Only problem I got with it is even if I don't use it and reboot after installing it, it still mods my system on start. I left a pic of backups and it says witch kernel is newer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-123518.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-123518.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 26

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I flashed Kirisakura-Kernel Wich gave me a 675 OC function than I flashed Ex. Kernel. The OC function still works and from some bench marks ex runs my FPS best with the mix. The EX app is great to them up to. Only problem I got with it is even if I don't use it and reboot after installing it, it still mods my system on start. I left a pic of backups and it says witch kernel is newer.

I'm not sure what you're referring to?

If it's the date on the backups, that is because I had to migrate /sdcard/ElementalX to /sdcard/Android/data/flar2.exkernelmanager/files due to Google policies. All the file creation dates get changed unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, finally pushed the Android 11 kernel to EX Kernel Manager
    I'm working on it. My phone updated to 11 and I'm suffering without the kernel. This is still my main phone.
    Wasted another entire day on this. Android 11 is a total clusterf*ck on this phone.

If you haven't updated, don't. Even the stock system is horribly slow and pretty much unusable. It's so bad I'm trying to figure out which phone I should switch to. I wish the Pixel 5 wasn't so tiny.
    Which kernel did you go through, can you link?
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 7, 7T, and 7 Pro
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
    -Adjust vibration
    -Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Block wakelocks
    -USB fastcharge option
    -GPU 675MHz
    -backlight dimmer option
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -Option to disable touchboost
    -WireGuard support
    -Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation
    1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

Android 10
    ElementalX-OP7-2.11

Android 9 (Pie)
    ElementalX-OP7-1.15

Source code:
    https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus7Pro

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX OnePlus 7, Kernel for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus7Pro

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-02-06
    Last Updated 2020-09-15
    Wasted another entire day on this. Android 11 is a total clusterf*ck on this phone.

If you haven't updated, don't. Even the stock system is horribly slow and pretty much unusable. It's so bad I'm trying to figure out which phone I should switch to. I wish the Pixel 5 wasn't so tiny.
    If you are having trouble with your fingers accidentally touching the curved screen edges, try this app I made. It works good, I've been using it since last summer and decided to release it on the Play Store.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.edgeblock
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone