[KERNEL] ElementalX-OP5T

Search This thread

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks!! Can you please tell me your settings.
I pretty much don't touch anything except I turn on prediction in the cpu governor settings, just for the small cores. OP says it's placebo effect, but I feel like the phone is snappier this way.

Otherwise, I wouldn't touch anything except maybe the IO scheduler. I personally like deadline, but everyone says cfq is better.

Lol you probably shouldn't take my advice on kernels, most devs think I'm insane.

Amanpreetsingh

Aug 17, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I pretty much don't touch anything except I turn on prediction in the cpu governor settings, just for the small cores. OP says it's placebo effect, but I feel like the phone is snappier this way.

Otherwise, I wouldn't touch anything except maybe the IO scheduler. I personally like deadline, but everyone says cfq is better.

Lol you probably shouldn't take my advice on kernels, most devs think I'm insane.

Kindly check pm.

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

TheDevil259

Mar 11, 2011
Disabling Sweep2Sleep in the Aroma installer doesn't work for me.
Sweeping left on the lower portion of the screen always puts my phone to sleep which is getting pretty annoying as it always happens by accident.
I also tried disabling it with Kernel Auditor but that didn't work either.

TheDevil259

Mar 11, 2011
It will definitely"fix" the issue and keep this project alive.
While I can understand you wanting compensation for the work you do on this project I'm not willing to pay this much as I only use your Kernel for its CIFS support and nothing else.
As a university student i also lack the funds to just go out and support projects.

This is also more of a workaround since the bug in the Aroma installer of the Kernel still exists (ignores user input for Sweep2Sleep).

Reactions: sleepwalking0593

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
While I can understand you wanting compensation for the work you do on this project I'm not willing to pay this much as I only use your Kernel for its CIFS support and nothing else.
As a university student i also lack the funds to just go out and support projects.

This is also more of a workaround since the bug in the Aroma installer of the Kernel still exists (ignores user input for Sweep2Sleep).

It's not so much compensation as paying to keep the lights on. ElementalX is on life support these days.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
So everyone who is stuck on OOS knows, this kernel actually retains the changes you make to it. It doesn't reset to default settings like some other kernels. For example, I disabled the big cores on the cpu boost and the changes stayed after a reboot. Despite what other devs say, a majority of other kernels don't let you keep your changes.

Second, when I first flashed this kernel, coming from the stock kernel, I would get a blue light special. The phone would be black and unresponsive. I got the kernel to work by doing a clean flash, I flashed it before the first clean boot and it works perfectly.

So if you had issues with this kernel, try a clean flash, it only takes ten minutes to restore your configuration using something like swift backup or titanium backup.

Even with all the quirks I experienced, I'm sticking with this kernel from now on. Props to the developer for letting me choose my own configuration.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Here is my preferred boost settings. They never reset back to default.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-134406.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-134406.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 310

rhylyn007

Apr 17, 2015
So everyone who is stuck on OOS knows, this kernel actually retains the changes you make to it. It doesn't reset to default settings like some other kernels. For example, I disabled the big cores on the cpu boost and the changes stayed after a reboot. Despite what other devs say, a majority of other kernels don't let you keep your changes.

Second, when I first flashed this kernel, coming from the stock kernel, I would get a blue light special. The phone would be black and unresponsive. I got the kernel to work by doing a clean flash, I flashed it before the first clean boot and it works perfectly.

So if you had issues with this kernel, try a clean flash, it only takes ten minutes to restore your configuration using something like swift backup or titanium backup.

Even with all the quirks I experienced, I'm sticking with this kernel from now on. Props to the developer for letting me choose my own configuration.

How do you do a clean flash to install this kernel? I came from OOS stable with bluspark kernel installed last time, and before flashing this kernel, I dirty flashed the rom and flashed Magisk. After few minutes, screen freezes from time to time like every 30 minutes and phone reboots itself so I went back to bluspark.

Also, how is your battery life with this kernel? (Sorry for a lot of questions, new OP5T user here.)

Reactions: preference

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
How do you do a clean flash to install this kernel? I came from OOS stable with bluspark kernel installed last time, and before flashing this kernel, I dirty flashed the rom and flashed Magisk. After few minutes, screen freezes from time to time like every 30 minutes and phone reboots itself so I went back to bluspark.

Also, how is your battery life with this kernel? (Sorry for a lot of questions, new OP5T user here.)
You have to wipe the usual partitions (everything but internal storage), install your rom, install the kernel, install magisk (if you want), install noverity for decryption (again, if you want).

Basically, you have to start with a brand new install and install the kernel during that process. That's the only way I could get the kernel to boot.

I'm getting around 13% active usage and 2.5% idle (I'm listening to music and watching youtube constantly). Normal usage with no background proceeses should be better. I'm just happy my kernel modifications don't reset every reboot.

rhylyn007

Apr 17, 2015
You have to wipe the usual partitions (everything but internal storage), install your rom, install the kernel, install magisk (if you want), install noverity for decryption (again, if you want).

Basically, you have to start with a brand new install and install the kernel during that process. That's the only way I could get the kernel to boot.

I'm getting around 13% active usage and 2.5% idle (I'm listening to music and watching youtube constantly). Normal usage with no background proceeses should be better. I'm just happy my kernel modifications don't reset every reboot.

I appreciate your response, thank you for this. Also, would you mind sharing some of the modifications you made aside from your previous post?

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I appreciate your response, thank you for this. Also, would you mind sharing some of the modifications you made aside from your previous post?
It's too much to type, I'll take screenshots and label them when I have time .

The biggest thing is to change the cpu boost to +1036 small cores, +0 on big cores. Then turn off touchboost.

I/o scheduler change to deadline at 128 readahead kb

Edit: I also disable low memory killer and disable zram

Last edited:

rhylyn007

Apr 17, 2015
I already tried installing this kernel using a clean install. Wiped necessary partitions, reinstalled OOS rom, this kernel and latest Magisk, but my phone was stuck on an unresponsive screen, all black so I went back again to the original set-up I'm using. I'm not sure what happened since I was able to use this kernel with a dirty flash of the OOS rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 5T (Dumpling)
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Advanced color control
    • K-Lapse support
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight dimmer
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • LED settings
    • High brightness mode
    • Block wakelocks
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Wireguard support
    • USB fastcharge option
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet
    • Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.
    Do NOT flash this over other custom kernels!
    You should only flash ElementalX over the kernel that came with your ROM!!!

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

Control high brightness mode with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.hbmwidget

Google+ Community

Downloads

OxygenOS Pie
    ElementalX-OP5-5.09

OxygenOS Oreo
    ElementalX-OP5-3.11

OxygenOS/HydrogenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 8.0.0)
    ElementalX-OP5-2.07

OxygenOS/HydrogenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 7.1.1)
    ElementalX-OP5T-1.02

Source code

Github

Special thanks to XDA and OnePlus for providing me with this device

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP5T, Kernel for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-12-24
    Last Updated 2020-02-05
    UPDATE!!!!

Revert backlight min/max settings, this should return brightness to normal.

I just added support for this device in EX Kernel Manager, version 3.41 is rolling out now on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

EXKM gives you quick and easy updates for ElementalX and supports all settings for this kernel and all other kernels.

Download (OxygenOS/HydrogenOS:
    ElementalX-OP5T-1.01

Changes:
    -revert backlight min/max settings
    Update!!!

Update for Android Pie

Stock/OxygenOS-based (Oreo)
    ElementalX-OP5-4.00

Changes:
    -initial release for Pie
    Update!!!

Stock/OxygenOS-based (Android 8.1.0 Oreo)
    ElementalX-OP5-3.00

Changes:
    -initial release for Android 8.1.0 OxygenOS
    Update!!!

K-Lapse support

K-Lapse is a new color control driver that allows you to schedule night mode, or reduce brightness with optional schedule, or change color values with brightness. Very versatile and full of options. From @tanish2k09, more details: https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/k-lapse-kernel-level-livedisplay-module-t3907031/

Latest EXKM adds K-Lapse support and the ability to flash recovery zips and Magisk modules, twrp, and even Magisk itself. I think the only limitation is you can't flash AROMA installer zips, and I doubt it would be viable to flash an entire ROM, as they are meant to be flashed in recovery.

You need EXKM version 4.05 for K-Lapse support on this device! It is rolling out on the Play Store now...

Flash directly and control all options on this and other kernels with the latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Stock/OxygenOS-based (Pie)
    ElementalX-OP5-5.02

Changes:
    -K-Lapse support