• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [February 5] ElementalX-OP6 4.00 (Android 10)

Search This thread

waliuxd

Oct 16, 2015
Lima
Support for OxygenOS 11 plz

I miss the best kernel

Screenshot_20210710-095820.jpg

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

Also, please check out my new app, it's the ultimate apk tool, app manager and backup solution. You can tag and backup your apps, including data. It can install, analyze and extract split APKs, XAPK, APKM, etc. It will show you the most detailed info about any app or apk, including the full manifest.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Unfortunately no files in both folders. Maybe they are hidden somehow?

Edit: Just double checked with a file manager and root - both backup files can't be found.
No, they wouldn't be hidden, but you need root access to see them. That's why I've changed the directory, I ended up without root and couldn't access my backup images.

You could also check the directory used before Google forced apps to use the storage access framework, /sdcard/ElementalX. But the app should automatically migrate from there as well.

No, they wouldn't be hidden, but you need root access to see them. That's why I've changed the directory, I ended up without root and couldn't access my backup images.

You could also check the directory used before Google forced apps to use the storage access framework, /sdcard/ElementalX. But the app should automatically migrate from there as well.
I'm using OOS 10.3.12 and root seach with SD Maid, no ElementalX or .img files or anything. That means both files are gone?

mko000

Jul 27, 2011
Also, please check out my new app, it's the ultimate apk tool, app manager and backup solution. You can tag and backup your apps, including data. It can install, analyze and extract split APKs, XAPK, APKM, etc. It will show you the most detailed info about any app or apk, including the full manifest.
Nice! Since I believe you know what you are doing I'm looking forward to trying out your new app. May I ask you some questions about it?

Can we expect it to backup and restore apps along with their data just like Titanium Backup?
Also when moving to a new device?
Are the backup files stored under /sdcard/ where I can backup the backups?
Titanium Backup always had a problem with restoring apps using GCM push notifications. The push notifications didn't work correctly after restoring such an app including data. Did you fix this problem somehow or is it not a problem for some reason? See this thread for example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...p-breaks-some-gcm-push-notifications.2518958/

Thanks in advance!

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Nice! Since I believe you know what you are doing I'm looking forward to trying out your new app. May I ask you some questions about it?

Can we expect it to backup and restore apps along with their data just like Titanium Backup?
Also when moving to a new device?
Are the backup files stored under /sdcard/ where I can backup the backups?
Titanium Backup always had a problem with restoring apps using GCM push notifications. The push notifications didn't work correctly after restoring such an app including data. Did you fix this problem somehow or is it not a problem for some reason? See this thread for example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...p-breaks-some-gcm-push-notifications.2518958/

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it backs up data.

I don't know if there is some problem with GCM. A lot of apps don't like having their data backed up. For many reasons. I know that for most of my apps, restoring data causes problems.

Reactions: mko000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Um, can't help you there. Did you install this via TWRP? This only works on Android 11. You can download the file yourself from the ElementalX App.

I just discovered that something on my phone is broken. It starts to turn off every 5 minutes. I guess you can discard what I said, it could be just my broken phone doing weird things.

I'm currently trying to get it repaired or replaced and then I'm going to try the kernel again.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 6
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight min setting
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • Advanced Color Control and K-Lapse
    • Option to disable gesture vibration
    • LED settings
    • Block wakelocks
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 10)
    ElementalX-OP6-4.00

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 9)
    ElementalX-OP6-3.18

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 8.1.0)
    ElementalX-OP6-1.15

Source code
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP6, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus6

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-05-01
    Reserved

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (version 3.56 and later).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xkernelmanager
    I bought this phone and the 6T, and the OP5 and OP3 myself. OnePlus only gave me the 3T and 5T. As long as people keep buying my apps, I will buy the OP7.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Update!!!

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (3.56).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

This version also allows separate settings for vibration for notifications and taps. I prefer the tap vibration to be very low so it's not so noisy when typing, but I still want notifications to vibrate strongly. Also requires latest EXKM

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 8.1.0):
    ElementalX-1.04.zip

Changes:

-remove annoying warning on device start
    -add separate tunables for tap and notification vibration
    -add Dynamic Stune Boost