[KERNEL] [February 5] ElementalX-OP6 4.00 (Android 10)

Search This thread

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
Okay, next try: I believe you've seen the Aroma installer (an graphical interface where you can change options during the installation).
But unfortunately this is currently not supported by the unofficial TWRP available...

And it may never be. If I'm understanding previous discussions on this point in the twrp threads, aroma has essentially been abandoned.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Hi @flar2 gestures on the ElementalX kernel are not working after the update. I am rooted properly and have installed the kernel successfully. It seems that the gestures run once, but are not restored when the system is rebooted.
On Oxygen OS 5.1.9, I resolved this issue by disabling the OnePlus's default Double tap to wake up Gesture.
It's not working since 5.1.11. Will there be a fix? :cowboy:

Edit: I was tinkering with my CPU Boost settings to see whether they reflected after boot and surprisingly they did. I quickly swiped to the gesture screen and was surprised to see that they were awake too. They work perfectly along with CPU boost settings. :)
Maybe changing the CPU Boost settings enforced a higher level flag.

good you named it, generally all gestures are working flawlessly as does the entire kernel for 24h since i updated my phone.

there may be hidden or rare issues but gestures are not among them and i did not have to change any settings, simply reflashed twrp, kernel and magisk and profit.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Lol. Read literally two posts over yours.
They haven't the source code of the 'new' kernel yet, hence your question can't be answered as for now.

Just use the stock kernel until ElementalX gets updated.

But, thanks for reporting the issue (even though I can't really understand why you flash an 5.1.9 based kernel on the 5.1.11 OOS).

for testing and to report back which is the original purpose of developer threads ?

i'm totally sure that devs are interested to get feedback as to how current kernels work on updated software and it indeed works great.

whoever is able to make proper backups or proper troubleshooting can so such things any time he/she likes and revert back and certainly do
play extra-smart and ridicule users who contribute is not making anyone look good, beside that it's simply none of anyones business who tries and flashes what as long as he/she is able to cope with results and provides valuable information to the user base.

thinks positive and depression goes away by itself ;)

Reactions: amangarg_cse

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
for testing and to report back which is the original purpose of developer threads ?

i'm totally sure that devs are interested to get feedback as to how current kernels work on updated software and it indeed works great.

whoever is able to make proper backups or proper troubleshooting can so such things any time he/she likes and revert back and certainly do
play extra-smart and ridicule users who contribute is not making anyone look good, beside that it's simply none of anyones business who tries and flashes what as long as he/she is able to cope with results and provides valuable information to the user base.

thinks positive and depression goes away by itself ;)

Wow, calm down my friend. Did I hit a nerve?
I thanked your for your feedback and just wanted to deliver the message that you have to face unintended things happening when doing what you did.
Testing software is good, but keep in mind the conditions!

I never doubted at any time that you were able to make backups, but I saw many people who didn't and then complain afterwards.

Also I never played extra smart, attacking me this ways only shows me how immature you are... Just calm down and think before you send such an angry-post which leads us nowhere.
But thanks for beeing concerned about depressions - don't have one, it's just a character from Supernatural. And if anyone here would have depressions, she/he would hit you in your face for this 'advice'. Another sign for your great character.
But this is going way too off topic - if you have anything more to say, write me a pm. I won't answer to you here for not cluttering the thread any further.

Cheers

yfrancoi

Apr 7, 2007
Hello,
i have a small issue with advanced color control in EXKM.
it was working until I tried another ROM and could not restore my data partition, resulting in a new start by flashing OOS 5.1.9 via fastboot. then installed TWRP, magisk v16, and the elemental 1.14.
I tried also elementalX 1.15 and it still does not work.
High contrast does work and is reboot persistent.

kecodoc

Apr 29, 2011
HaiPhong
Please help me answer the questions
If the default setting is the best, what is the benefit of an ex manager for a normal user like me ?
I almost only use Ex manager to adjust the volume of the headset And other options I do not use because I do not understand it better for battery life or to do things worse

I hope you help me answer the questions thank you !

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
If the default setting is the best, what is the benefit of an ex manager for a normal user like me ?
I almost only use Ex manager to adjust the volume of the headset And other options I do not use because I do not understand it better for battery life or to do things worse

That's what it's used for. You don't need to tweak everything. The app does all kinds of things beyond tweaking for battery.

I use it for kernel backup and restore, easy flashing of kernels, sweep up to wake, sweep to sleep and setting vibration lower for typing.

Reactions: kecodoc

bartjeh1991

Mar 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

You should search for helix engine on the xda forums. It works great with this kernel! Helix changes the kernel values to the app you are using automatically. It is really good for battery and performance when you need it! https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-helix-engine-v1-0-beta-3-t3745746

Reactions: kecodoc

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
@flar2 Any chance we could get a flavor of your wonderful kernel built for Lineage? :cool:

that's our dream on nexus 6 for a whole year and it did not happen, hope dies last but chances? dunno, just letting you know the N6 Oreo LOS 15.1 story :highfive:

of course each device is different, perhaps it's easier for this-one but i have my doubts.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

a little reminder for updaters to twrp 3.2.3.0

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77374562&postcount=2027

TheDude

Dec 10, 2010
Nixa, MO
that's our dream on nexus 6 for a whole year and it did not happen, hope dies last but chances? dunno, just letting you know the N6 Oreo LOS 15.1 story :highfive:

of course each device is different, perhaps it's easier for this-one but i have my doubts.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

a little reminder for updaters to twrp 3.2.3.0

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77374562&postcount=2027

Thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)

G

GuestK00419

How to block chg_wake_lock ? This wakelock is keeping device awake if cable is plugged in even when device is not charging (Battery charge limit ); any advice? I cant see this wakelock in wakelock blocker :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 6
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight min setting
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • Advanced Color Control and K-Lapse
    • Option to disable gesture vibration
    • LED settings
    • Block wakelocks
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 10)
    ElementalX-OP6-4.00

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 9)
    ElementalX-OP6-3.18

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 8.1.0)
    ElementalX-OP6-1.15

Source code
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP6, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus6

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-05-01
    Reserved

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (version 3.56 and later).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xkernelmanager
    I bought this phone and the 6T, and the OP5 and OP3 myself. OnePlus only gave me the 3T and 5T. As long as people keep buying my apps, I will buy the OP7.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Update!!!

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (3.56).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

This version also allows separate settings for vibration for notifications and taps. I prefer the tap vibration to be very low so it's not so noisy when typing, but I still want notifications to vibrate strongly. Also requires latest EXKM

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 8.1.0):
    ElementalX-1.04.zip

Changes:

-remove annoying warning on device start
    -add separate tunables for tap and notification vibration
    -add Dynamic Stune Boost
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode