[KERNEL] [February 5] ElementalX-OP6 4.00 (Android 10)

Search This thread

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
I disabled anything to do with memory through xXx, as I've had WAY better success with Ex and EXKM. As far as memory goes, I changed a few little things in EXKM, but nothing major and I just let it handle the "magic", if you will. Additionally, I've gotten a new car during the time I had my issues (GTI vroom vroom) and some of the bluetooth features were wonky sometimes (It's a new car, so I wasn't sure if it was just buggy sometimes, or a result of the phone), I noticed after disabling some of the xXx tweaks, they seem to have cleared up as well (May have something to do with it aggressively clearing items in memory, not sure?) Overall, I'm much happier with the device again.

I'm gonna continue to try to pick through and see if I can find that best of both worlds middle ground, but a LOT of my drain and issues have been fixed by tweaking xXx some. Here I was thinking it was coming from an update.

Side note: I'm not hating on xXx at all, I'm still using it, but it was causing some major conflicts with some of my settings and bringing down the quality of the device. YMMV.

Interesting on both accounts (memory and BT). My wife always complains about the BT sucking when I'm in the car, so I'll have to try this. I've always just blamed it on bad manufacture BT implementation and the lack of updates.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
What's the best settings of boost for smothness? I dont care about baterry.

choose performance mode while to ask for a boost in smoothness with this device/hardware on stock is a bit of a joke.

if you have issues with smoothness it's neither a kernel setting issue nor a stock rom issue but something else. this device with stock as well as with stock kerne and EX-Default settings is blazing fast and buttery smooth indeed, there must be something else that spoils experience in case it's not as should be.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
has been answered dozens of times

Every time Im reboot the phone, my setting in exmanager turn into default, how do I fix this.

first thing to do is to:

- search the thread for "set on boot" or "apply on boot" or similar terms, profit

in addition to that you can search on google, profit

and last but no least one should:

- follow the thread

- read at least the last and and the first 20 pages, profit

very last thing is this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/development/temp-t3774510

and

https://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?searchid=452595050

Last edited:
Reactions: EstherTakumi

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Please see this thread in desktop mode, I'm already put an edit to my post that I've read a few page back, you can check the time, my bad though.

what i wrote is to make things easier for everyone not to blame anyone for the sake of it, no worries, hence what interest me most is whether you found your answer among the linked search results or if you need assistance.

if so you can send P.M. except if you believe that your case is new or special.

to make shorten the process here a few hints and tips:

check battery saver and battery optimiation settings

- EXKM should be set to "Not Optimized"

- Battery Saver should not be active

report back how it went so we know it's resolved and eventually can provide more possible solutions.

Reactions: EstherTakumi

cherrz

Sep 26, 2011
Hey, I have problem with ramdisk error when updating ex to 3.08 version. I flash full stock oos, and then go flash recovery temporary with .img file, then boot into recovery and install recovery from .zip, reboot to recovery and it reboot to stock recovery.. like I dont installed blu spark's. I dont know what to do, I figure out that my recovery propably install only on slot B, and when I change to slot A and want to install .zip in slot A I have error "unpacking ramdisk failed". Dunno what to do know..

/and when I change to slot A blu spark's recovery working (recovery to blu spark's, not stock recovery like in slot B) but I cant install kernel because of that ramdisk error. I can install Magisk.

/where I can find 3.07 version? I want to try with that.

/now I can see I have 3.07 installed, but I dont installed it after back to stock ROM, dunno how it possible :eek: uff, im staying with 3.07 till ramdisk error will be solved.

Last edited:

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
Hey, I have problem with ramdisk error when updating ex to 3.08 version. I flash full stock oos, and then go flash recovery temporary with .img file, then boot into recovery and install recovery from .zip, reboot to recovery and it reboot to stock recovery.. like I dont installed blu spark's. I dont know what to do, I figure out that my recovery propably install only on slot B, and when I change to slot A and want to install .zip in slot A I have error "unpacking ramdisk failed". Dunno what to do know..

/and when I change to slot A blu spark's recovery working (recovery to blu spark's, not stock recovery like in slot B) but I cant install kernel because of that ramdisk error. I can install Magisk.

/where I can find 3.07 version? I want to try with that.

/now I can see I have 3.07 installed, but I dont installed it after back to stock ROM, dunno how it possible :eek: uff, im staying with 3.07 till ramdisk error will be solved.
Afaik ramdisk error is fixed. Just redownload magisk 18. The dev posted a new version of 18 that address this issue.

Then go to recovery

Flash oos and TWRP

Reboot to recovery

Flash oos and TWRP

Reboot to recovery

Flash ex kernel, magisk, ex kernel again.

Profit!

Let me know if this helps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

cherrz

Sep 26, 2011
Afaik ramdisk error is fixed. Just redownload magisk 18. The dev posted a new version of 18 that address this issue.

Then go to recovery

Flash oos and TWRP

Reboot to recovery

Flash oos and TWRP

Reboot to recovery

Flash ex kernel, magisk, ex kernel again.

Profit!

Let me know if this helps

I cant install TWRP, I have ramdisk error.. I have something mess with slot A and slot B in recovery... how I can repair this without losing my files?

I can only install TWRP on slot A, when I install in slot B install is successful but TWRP didnt work.

I wiped data and still have the problem. I must manual change to A slot and only then recovery working.. but in slot A I cant install kernel because of ramdisk error.

/I flash kernel, not TWRP :D kill me please!!!

Last edited:

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
I cant install TWRP, I have ramdisk error.. I have something mess with slot A and slot B in recovery... how I can repair this without losing my files?

I can only install TWRP on slot A, when I install in slot B install is successful but TWRP didnt work.

I wiped data and still have the problem. I must manual change to A slot and only then recovery working.. but in slot A I cant install kernel because of ramdisk error.

/I flash kernel, not TWRP :D kill me please!!!

twrp installs to both slots automatically, no worries ;)

suppose you solved it but thought to mention this for newcomers to avoid them being confused ;)

Reactions: jmtjr278

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
twrp installs to both slots automatically, no worries ;)

suppose you solved it but thought to mention this for newcomers to avoid them being confused ;)
True but if your flashing factory image to both slots you do need to flash twice as described in my method above. Good call.

georgiapi

Oct 28, 2011
North GA
alcphoto.net
Forgive me, I have been reading along because I cannot update via getting the Ramdisk thing. I am on Exk 3.77.
Lots of the responses are crossing paths or not agreeing with each other. My head is spinning.
I am not new to Root & ROM'ing, flashing, ADB work, or Terminal Emulator, but am new to the A/B, and Magisk but managed to Root my OP6.

The above said I cannot find what happens when the bootimage is flashed. Do I loose my installed apps, data, settings?
Thanks.

Terrigible

Jun 12, 2018
Singapore
Forgive me, I have been reading along because I cannot update via getting the Ramdisk thing. I am on Exk 3.77.
Lots of the responses are crossing paths or not agreeing with each other. My head is spinning.
I am not new to Root & ROM'ing, flashing, ADB work, or Terminal Emulator, but am new to the A/B, and Magisk but managed to Root my OP6.

The above said I cannot find what happens when the bootimage is flashed. Do I loose my installed apps, data, settings?
Thanks.
You lose TWRP, Magisk and custom kernel.

Reactions: georgiapi

georgiapi

Oct 28, 2011
North GA
alcphoto.net
You lose TWRP, Magisk and custom kernel.

Flash boot.img
Reboot fastboot
Boot TWRP
Flash TWRP
Reboot TWRP
Flash Magisk
Reboot TWRP
Flash EX

You are more than kind my friend.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I'm going to report on the results but its going to be the weekend before I risk making a mistake and the phone be tanked during my work week, or me loosing sleep trying to restore her in panic mode.. I'm not that sure footed yet.
I also want to setup android pay while not rooted so it will work after I root again.
But I will pay homage to your help and report back. Thank You.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 6
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight min setting
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • Advanced Color Control and K-Lapse
    • Option to disable gesture vibration
    • LED settings
    • Block wakelocks
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 10)
    ElementalX-OP6-4.00

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 9)
    ElementalX-OP6-3.18

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 8.1.0)
    ElementalX-OP6-1.15

Source code
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP6, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus6

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-05-01
    Reserved

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (version 3.56 and later).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xkernelmanager
    I bought this phone and the 6T, and the OP5 and OP3 myself. OnePlus only gave me the 3T and 5T. As long as people keep buying my apps, I will buy the OP7.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Update!!!

I've been experimenting with dynamic stune boost from @joshuous with good results. Seems to be some improvement in battery. If you want to try it, I've put all the necessary settings into one place in the latest version of EX Kernel Manager (3.56).

Go to the CPU screen and select "Boost Settings" to open the Boost Settings screen
    -Disable MSM Touchboost
    -Change Dynamic stune boost to 15 (or somewhere between 10 and 20)
    -Set all Input boost frequencies to 0 MHz (i.e. disabled)
    -Change Input boost milliseconds to 1500 (might be unecessary, feel free to experiment)

This version also allows separate settings for vibration for notifications and taps. I prefer the tap vibration to be very low so it's not so noisy when typing, but I still want notifications to vibrate strongly. Also requires latest EXKM

Latest EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 8.1.0):
    ElementalX-1.04.zip

Changes:

-remove annoying warning on device start
    -add separate tunables for tap and notification vibration
    -add Dynamic Stune Boost
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode