• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [February 5] ElementalX-OP6T 4.00 (Android 10)

Search This thread

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
Hi,

Glad it's working for you. are you running 19 or 18.1 Magisk?

It's not a module; I disabled them all.
Do you have TWRP installed and which version?
I might try without TWRP. Just boot into TWRP and install with no modules active.

I'm reluctant to wipe my device.
Also Zram would not disable for me. It just spins also.

I am using 19 and latest twrp (unofficial)

Reactions: tech_head

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am using 19 and latest twrp (unofficial)

So my update.
ElementalX 3.15 and Magisk 19 do play nice.
What doesn't play nice is some of the settings you can mess with in the EX Kernel Manager app.
I removed the app and the settings and the rebooting stopped.

I reinstalled the app and tried to shut off ZRAM and the rebooting started again.
So they play nice but be careful of the settings in the EX Kernel Manager because you can cause some issues with the settings.

EDIT-
It also appears that they have implemented ZRAM in a way that makes it difficult if not impossible to stop.
I tried from the command line to resize and stop ZRAM. No effect on either EX or the stock kernel.
I'll need to dig more to try and figure out how they are starting the service and how to stop it.
The normal commands don't work.

THANKS!

Last edited:

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
So my update.
ElementalX 3.15 and Magisk 19 do play nice.
What doesn't play nice is some of the settings you can mess with in the EX Kernel Manager app.
I removed the app and the settings and the rebooting stopped.

I reinstalled the app and tried to shut off ZRAM and the rebooting started again.
So they play nice but be careful of the settings in the EX Kernel Manager because you can cause some issues with the settings.

EDIT-
It also appears that they have implemented ZRAM in a way that makes it difficult if not impossible to stop.
I tried from the command line to resize and stop ZRAM. No effect on either EX or the stock kernel.
I'll need to dig more to try and figure out how they are starting the service and how to stop it.
The normal commands don't work.

THANKS!

Yeah, I have the swappiness at 0 anyways so it doesn't use it. But I have noticed when I chance the zram size it doesn't match at all with the figure. For example when I set 1024 it goes to 3072. Assuming OnePlus has changed something in the original zram.

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah, I have the swappiness at 0 anyways so it doesn't use it. But I have noticed when I chance the zram size it doesn't match at all with the figure. For example when I set 1024 it goes to 3072. Assuming OnePlus has changed something in the original zram.

I posted to the Beta 8 thread and got this response.
To disable the zram swapfile
Add these two build prop lines , save and reboot,

persist.vendor.sys.memplus.enable=false
ro.vendor.qti.config.swap=false

This worked great. I cleared the cache and on next reboot it shows completely disabled in EX Kernel Manager.

Reactions: Vortell and MrPhilo

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is this safe to use with 9.0.13?
I want to upgrade to the latest OTA but wanted to know if it is okay to install the current version of EleX

It is safe.
no random reboots on my phone.
Stay away from settings that control ZRam; they can cause issues if you try to disable it.
If you want to disable ZRam use the following method:
Add these two build prop lines , save and reboot,

persist.vendor.sys.memplus.enable=false
ro.vendor.qti.config.swap=false

Reactions: adeptustech

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 6T
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (speaker, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight min setting
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • Advanced Color Control and K-Lapse
    • Option to disable gesture vibration
    • Block wakelocks
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 10)
    ElementalX-OP6-4.00

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 9)
    ElementalX-OP6-3.18

Source code
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP6T, Kernel for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus6

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-11-01
    Last Updated 2020-05-01
    And what about your app which is overpriced and randomly changes the minimum frequency of lower cluster and some other settings?
    FKM has better UI and maybe lesser but all the required tunables and most importantly;it is stable and cheap.

EXKM is around the same price and much better organized, gets updated at least once a month, .supports thousands of settings, supports Kirin, Mediatek and Exynos devices, has much more attention to detail, preset values, proper labeling, etc . Plus, I'm the one developing and porting many of the features on new devices. All my kernels are updated within 24 hours of source dropping and I support all my devices as long as the manufacturer keeps updating.

Looks like Franco put a lot of work into the update, but I really think you are getting a much greater value supporting EXKM. Of course, there's no reason why you can't purchase both apps. It's only a few dollars out of your pocket and keeps development rolling.

I'm not so good at marketing and hype, so it's not very helpful for you to come here and promote another app. The ElementalX project has a lot of expenses to cover, if you want to see it continue, then people need to keep buying EXKM.
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks everyone for a great year
    Update!!!

This update adds the excellent K-Lapse driver from @tanish2k09

K-Lapse implements night mode in kernel, as well as brightness reduction (dimming) that can be scheduled for certain hours of the day/night. There is also another mode that allows you to have warmer colors in low brightness. It offers many options.

I've added support for K-Lapse in EXKM version 4.04. If you use another kernel, make sure it has the latest K-Lapse commits, as some of the settings have changed.

EXKM 4.04 also adds support for flashing Magisk modules and recovery zips. So far, basically everything I've tried to flash through the app has worked, except zips that use the AROMA installer and it's probably not a good idea to try flashing a ROM through the app, they are meant to be flashed in recovery.

Get the latest EX Kernel Manager on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 9):
    ElementalX-OP6-3.12.zip

Changes:

-add K-Lapse support
    ElementalX 5.00 is available in EX Kernel Manager

I finally got the new base working, so it is completely up to date and has all features including sound control