[KERNEL] [April 4] ElementalX-OP6T 6.02

Search This thread

shootind5nukes

May 23, 2010
Update!!!

Minor change to enable TTL target. No need to update if you don't want to.

This update works with stable release and open betas.

Make sure to get the latest EX Kernel Manager on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 9):
ElementalX-OP6-3.15.zip

Changes:

-enable TTL target

Sorry for the stupid question.

Are you saying that even your kernel for Android 9 has the ttl target fix? When you say you added the TTL target fix does that mean I can run the iptables command with no error? Also I noticed on stock kernel I don't see any data flowing through the network interfaces when I run ifconfig. It's hard to change the correct TTL when I'm unsure of the device I need to add the iptables command to.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just went ahead and tried it and it worked. What you did for the TTL target works great. I successfully changed the TTL on the interface I needed. I then bought your EX Kernel Manager app and added the script to set the TTL on boot. Now I'm tethering unthrottled. Thank you so much for your work. Your kernel turned my 6T into an absolute tethering beast.

Last edited:

divineazn716

Sorry for the stupid question.

Are you saying that even your kernel for Android 9 has the ttl target fix? When you say you added the TTL target fix does that mean I can run the iptables command with no error? Also I noticed on stock kernel I don't see any data flowing through the network interfaces when I run ifconfig. It's hard to change the correct TTL when I'm unsure of the device I need to add the iptables command to.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just went ahead and tried it and it worked. What you did for the TTL target works great. I successfully changed the TTL on the interface I needed. I then bought your EX Kernel Manager app and added the script to set the TTL on boot. Now I'm tethering unthrottled. Thank you so much for your work. Your kernel turned my 6T into an absolute tethering beast.

Please share the wealth of your knowledge ?

maro8906

Jul 6, 2017
Can anyone share their experiences with wifi roaming on this kernel? On my stock OOS, I had to go back to version 9.0.15 for this to work properly and not boot me off momentarily, while moving through the house.
I don't know if this is kernel specific or not, so pardon a n00b

Riddle5

Nov 27, 2013
Zamora
New update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-135054.jpg
    Screenshot_20210103-135054.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 233

Blac Caesar

Jul 31, 2012
@flar2 yo, I've used your kernels in the past on all of my devices. I'm back to custom, I had previously purchased your kernel manager, but have de-googled my phone. Am I SOL now on getting your kernel? Lol.. AFH can't find mirrors anymore

Ankit555

May 17, 2014
So I've been using this kernel from 4.0 on oos10.3.6 op6t and don't know why the settings are not saved whenever you reboot the device the exkernel app doesn't starts to load the settings plus whenever i open the exkernel app the settings restores automatically also updated the kernel to 5.01 but still has the same issue.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
So I've been using this kernel from 4.0 on oos10.3.6 op6t and don't know why the settings are not saved whenever you reboot the device the exkernel app doesn't starts to load the settings plus whenever i open the exkernel app the settings restores automatically also updated the kernel to 5.01 but still has the same issue.
Turn off advanced battery optimization

Quan0x

May 6, 2021
OnePlus 6T
I am new to custom kernels... Is it possible to install this kernel when my phone doesnt run OOS but LineageOS 18.1? And is it possible to flash it via EX Kernel Manager without TWRP Recovery?
Edit: Ok, found the Answer... It only works on stock. Should have searched more before asking... mb

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus 6T
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Sound control (speaker, earpiece and mic)
    • Backlight min setting
    • Adjust or disable vibration
    • Advanced Color Control and K-Lapse
    • Option to disable gesture vibration
    • Block wakelocks
    • FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop, maple and SIO i/o schedulers
    • NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
    • WireGuard support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 10)
    ElementalX-OP6-4.00

OxygenOS/Stock-based ROMs(Android 9)
    ElementalX-OP6-3.18

Source code

Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-OP6T, Kernel for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus6

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2018-11-01
    Last Updated 2020-05-01
    And what about your app which is overpriced and randomly changes the minimum frequency of lower cluster and some other settings?
    FKM has better UI and maybe lesser but all the required tunables and most importantly;it is stable and cheap.

EXKM is around the same price and much better organized, gets updated at least once a month, .supports thousands of settings, supports Kirin, Mediatek and Exynos devices, has much more attention to detail, preset values, proper labeling, etc . Plus, I'm the one developing and porting many of the features on new devices. All my kernels are updated within 24 hours of source dropping and I support all my devices as long as the manufacturer keeps updating.

Looks like Franco put a lot of work into the update, but I really think you are getting a much greater value supporting EXKM. Of course, there's no reason why you can't purchase both apps. It's only a few dollars out of your pocket and keeps development rolling.

I'm not so good at marketing and hype, so it's not very helpful for you to come here and promote another app. The ElementalX project has a lot of expenses to cover, if you want to see it continue, then people need to keep buying EXKM.
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks everyone for a great year
    Update!!!

This update adds the excellent K-Lapse driver from @tanish2k09

K-Lapse implements night mode in kernel, as well as brightness reduction (dimming) that can be scheduled for certain hours of the day/night. There is also another mode that allows you to have warmer colors in low brightness. It offers many options.

I've added support for K-Lapse in EXKM version 4.04. If you use another kernel, make sure it has the latest K-Lapse commits, as some of the settings have changed.

EXKM 4.04 also adds support for flashing Magisk modules and recovery zips. So far, basically everything I've tried to flash through the app has worked, except zips that use the AROMA installer and it's probably not a good idea to try flashing a ROM through the app, they are meant to be flashed in recovery.

Get the latest EX Kernel Manager on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download (OxygenOS Android 9):
    ElementalX-OP6-3.12.zip

Changes:

-add K-Lapse support
    ElementalX 5.00 is available in EX Kernel Manager

I finally got the new base working, so it is completely up to date and has all features including sound control