• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] Furnace-2.5.1 for CM/AOSP/LG ROMs [D800/1/2/3/LS/VS980/F320K][9/26/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
hhnNAaE.jpg

CyanogenMod [2.5.1] / AOSP [2.5.1] / Stock [2.5.1]

changelog / cgit / github

Last edited:

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
Do i have to flash this before flashing the rom? Is there a specific point i need to flash this is what I'm asking? Or can i flash at any point in time?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
Nice....I really like how the development of our phone is about to ROCKET LAUNCH its way out and only a few no it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Lilmandude15

Jun 21, 2012
Memphis,Tn
Do i have to flash this before flashing the rom? Is there a specific point i need to flash this is what I'm asking? Or can i flash at any point in time?

You can flash at any time. If you flash a rom flash this after. And remember only for stock based roms.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Method760

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
Anybody tested out the kernel yet? Any good/bad reviews? Im itching to try it out so bad, but I tried the other kernel in the G2 development thread by Wooster (i think) and it jacked my phone up a lil bit. Wouldnt officially connect to Sprint network and wouldnt let me update my profite while I was on it. So I'm waiting to hear some feedback before I try this one out to save me the headache. A good custom kernel is the last piece of the puzzle I need to be totally happy on a STOCK ROM for damn near the first time ever lol. Loving my Xposed tweaks now...just need that custom kernel to make it officially official lol.

darkrival

Apr 6, 2006
Does anyone know if this helps with disabling the Screen Adaptive brightness? To get rid of the low brightness flicker while browsing web pages.

cdsbj6508

May 23, 2009
Orlando
I'm using it and I really haven't had any issues. I download No Frills CPU and it's clocked at 2.496 GHz max and 300 MHZ min with ondemand governor. I do see an improvement on my battery but that's with slight usage. That's all the info I have for now hope this helps:good:

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Anybody tested out the kernel yet? Any good/bad reviews? Im itching to try it out so bad, but I tried the other kernel in the G2 development thread by Wooster (i think) and it jacked my phone up a lil bit. Wouldnt officially connect to Sprint network and wouldnt let me update my profite while I was on it. So I'm waiting to hear some feedback before I try this one out to save me the headache. A good custom kernel is the last piece of the puzzle I need to be totally happy on a STOCK ROM for damn near the first time ever lol. Loving my Xposed tweaks now...just need that custom kernel to make it officially official lol.

Nobody is complaining about it = good

weenerdog3443

Dec 30, 2010
I tried it last night then did a benchmark and my scores went from the 36ks to barely 18 splashed my old backup

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
I tried it last night then did a benchmark and my scores went from the 36ks to barely 18 splashed my old backup

Frequencies are handled properly now. CPU isn't handled to clock up all cores to max when benchmarking applications are run anymore. OEMs do this a lot and it's considered cheating. That's why the Nexus 5 doesn't score as high in bechmarks, because AOSP doesn't cheat.

Last edited:
Reactions: cityneversleepz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP 1.8.0 is up. For LG people, the next update will be for KK Stock ROMs, probably of the same 1.8.0 #.

- Bidirectional Sweep2Sleep thanks to @dorimanx (enabled by default, does not drain battery) just swipe from left/right of the navbar to the opposite side.
    - IntelliPlug 2.2 via faux123, adapted to work with Strict Mode
    - Linux Kernel 3.4.83
    - Proper MSM CPU Freq control (aka snakecharmer), no more need for seperate OC/Non-OC builds now, Max user freq set is obeyed. (Max default @2265Mhz)
    - Commits from upstream (pa), this includes the new shared memory driver used in LG's KK.
    - (Power Management) Replaced old LPM driver with new PM (pm-8x60) driver from LG's KK update and CAF
    - Added back full control of intellithermal
    1.8.1 up, enjoy. :good:

Code:
    - Linux Kernel 3.4.84
    - Removed unstable PM drivers
    - Disabled MPD in favor of IntelliPlug
    - Fixed issue where device woke immediately after put to sleep
    So 2.2.0 is up and the AOSP build is going to need a little explanation. Currently, ROMs are going in a few different directions, each with their own compatible kernel. For example, you can't pull a CM kernel and boot it on PA, nor can you take a Mahdi kernel and boot it on Slim. Since there's roughly 4 paths I can follow Furnace-AOSP with, I chose one. (I'm not building 54 kernels per release...)

Mahdi, following the same CAF branch as LG and using KK source is the best option in my opinion. Going forward, AOSP builds will follow supporting Mahdi ROM and potentially any other ROM that follows in that direction.

As for LGD vs JDI, try the lgd kernel first, if you have screen distortion, use jdi, if you've already experienced the issue on stock, you should know if you need jdi.

Sorry for the late update. The G2 has 2 panel variants, LGD/JDI. If you've experienced white lines on KitKat before, use the JDI kernel.

Kernel pushed to 3.4.88
    Removed MPD (intelliplug defaulted)
    No intellithermal (too many issues, lg thermal was just fine with the tuned limits anyway)
    20b fixes.

As for AOSP, I'll be updating to get CM torch working among other things.