Software Development [KERNEL] FYT 7862 and 8581 kernel MD-EDITION with FMC

Search This thread
I still working on that, I the next release I'll remove the blue / green / yellow toasty messages when you install / uninstall applications

Also I found the developper message issue

But found an annoying issue: System lock can not work as I can't grand admin privileges to FMC (I think that is because the unit is already connected to a google account),

I'm testing in a factory reset unit to check if this is the issue for the Lock issue

Trayal

Apr 3, 2019
Many thanks to:
@muzoss for the German translation
@Trayal for the lock/unlock system feature idea.
@surfer63 for his tips
@marchnz for reporting issues (bugs)
I just wanted to thank you, sincerely, for implementing the lock/unlock feature. It's something that I've sorely missed on these units, and I've always scratched my head at why security features have been removed in the first place. I'll be getting this installed on my Mekede unit as soon as I have the time.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
New release today:

2023-02-01
  • Fixed: Lock screen doesn't work ?: Instructions are provided when clicking on the button.
  • Fixed: Annoying Toast "Developer.... ....update.notification" message when install / uninstall apk
  • Added: Open Android settings option to menu
  • TYPE: FMC-UPDATE or MD-EDITION-UPDATE
McLovin it.

Assessibility permission sticking.
Kill app restarting
Unit behaving well with mod.
Ability to lock.

For my unit this means; Waze, JBV1 and Torque all running when I need it without having to check every drive.

PaY87

Nov 25, 2006
Update to 2023-02-02 successfull. The changelog only shows 2023-02-01. I like the new button style in FMC.

Why need the Google account removed before we can use lock? Thanks!

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
McLovin it.

Assessibility permission sticking.
Kill app restarting
Unit behaving well with mod.
Ability to lock.

For my unit this means; Waze, JBV1 and Torque all running when I need it without having to check every drive.
Appears I commented too soon.

Leaving device sleeping approx 7 hours, apps are killed.
Might look to add to file list that implements no kill instead.

PaY87

Nov 25, 2006
Cant get lock device to work. I removed Google Account and when I click on lock nothing happens. I checked that FMC has admin rights, too.

Is it possible to exclude some apps from nokill? Or set a delay before they start? So that sd card is ready for the apps.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Did you check FMC setting for NOKILL function Enabled ?
Yes, although it could be that the app itself is crashing.
Probably best the app is restarted via your fine mod or using the factory app.

I have a 6gb model, so thinking memory isn't an issue.

Would you consider sharing the details to Kernel mods, this would enable the community to self mod and contribute modded kernels.

strakell

Jan 30, 2014
I'm also using the MD rom since the first day, so far so good!
I really appreciate your hard work and I'm very thankful!
P.S.
I'm impatient for your system UI teaks!!
Thank you Mario.

PaY87

Nov 25, 2006
Great news! Will try to install it tomorrow. Fingers crossed that lock will work with the update :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank you for doing this mario and thanks for all your work i plan to make another donation for all your hard work and especialy for this registration free version.
    Love you all guys, this was a real pleasure to work together with all of you on this project
    New release today:

2024-03-27
    • Kernel: 2023-12-16
    • FMC: Added menu icons
    • TYPE: MD-EDITION-UPDATE

Fellows: I'm not maintaining this project anymore because of health issues, I'm far away from PCs since a few months, now using PCs only for work and not for hobbies anymore, life changed.

If you need something more here, you can ask but I'll not update it as I did before, sorry for all fellows.
    New release today:

2024-04-22
    • FMC: Removed user registration
    • FMC: Adding MEKEDE compatible device
    • TYPE: FMC-UPDATE
    2024-03-21 Maybe the kernel is up to date. I don't have it installed
    Thanks @laoyang88 for this gift, will release MD-EDITION in the upcoming days, allow me time to check for changelog here compared to old one (2023-12)
    People, I'll publish FMC without REG in a few days, as I'll not be able to maintain this project anymore
    Hi community

I'm happy to introduce Kernel MD-EDITION for FYT 7862 units.
    This firmware is built into the latest kernel released on 2022-12-09.

Internal mods:
    • Improved SPRD parameters to use more GPU to render instead of consuming CPU for these tasks.
    • Added detailed memory support for units with 8Gb of ram (Original kernel takes config from 6Gb section to be applied to 8Gb units), specially the kernel panic limit has been adjusted.
    • Improved memory handler for 6Gb RAM units and 8Gb RAM units (Below 6Gb the memory handler has not been improved)
    • Includes "su" mechanism always disabled (commanded by the provided Fyt Control Center application).
    • Removed "Google Digital Wellbeing" application.
    The firmware is provided with an application named "Fyt Management Center" which exists in both User or Platform builds. The version provided with firmware is obviously the Platforms build, the application is flashed as a system-app automatically after firmware install.

What can you do with Firmware MD-EDITION coupled with FYT Management Center Platform app ?
    • You can do FYTBACKUPS (OEM application backups) on the fly, delivered in ZIP format the you can use any app (i.e. Amaze or CX File explorer or SYU File manager) to send the backup to an USB pen drive or your google drive account, this is at your choice.
    • You can do Backups of your /data/{data,app} folders and, as for the FYTBACKUP, you can download it to an USB pen drive or store it wherever you want.
    • You can change the font scale factor (useful as most of the new Chinese modified com.android.settings don't provide access to Font section).
    • You can handle FYT Launchers, add, backup, remove, on the fly without using the lsec flash procedure.
    • You can handle OEM apps, backup, replace, on the fly without using the lsec flash procedure.
    • Special handler for file "pwctl_config.xml" stored in /oem/app, this file contains all the applications that Chinese developers consider that they should start when BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast is sent by the system (i.e. some TEYES apps, and other Chinese apps), now, if you install an application that has (in the app manifest) the "RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" permission, the package name of your app will be automatically whitelisted in this file, allowing the app to obey to the BOOT_COMPLETED system broadcast.
    • You can Enable and Disable Root Schema. When enabled, Fyt Management Center puts "supersu app" in the system as a User apk and installs it silently, then reboot the system automatically to enable root privileges, when you disable Root Schema, the opposite happens, supersu.apk is removed silently and the Fyt Management Center app reboots the system automatically to disable the root schema.
    • You can set auto launch applications at system boot time (whatever app installed in the system) you can also chose to AutoStart every selected app in background.
    • You can access embedded Bluetooth settings. (latest Chinese modified com.android.settings doesn't include the Bluetooth menu anymore).
    • You can lock the system (i.e. you leave your car in the mechanic and don't want to leave free access to your device)
    • You can set day or night UI system mode.
    • You can enable / disable NOKILL function (only available in MD-EDITION WITH MAINSERVICE)

I require your attention for the following:

You MUST uninstall (il already installed) FYT Management center user edition before flashing the Firmware MD-EDITION (as it comes with a different version intended to run as system user)

From 2023-04-01, Kernel MD-EDITION (not FMC updates) will be released.

based on Kernel 2023-02-27 with the latest lsec6315update file.
    You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ROLLBACK to kernels released before November 2023.

• Not suitable for TEYES units (FYT=95)
    • Not compatible with UDT software

From 2023-01-27, MD-EDITION will be shipped in 2 flavors:
    Original and with a custom "com.syu.ms" apk to avoid killing apps before going into sleep mode.
    This behavior also maintains accessibility apps running and does not allow accessibility setting going OFF.

FYT_7862_FIRMWARE_MD_EDITION.zip
    FYT_7862_FIRMWARE_MD_EDITION_WITH_MAINSERVICE.zip

FMC_UPDATE.zip will be always delivered without custom com.syu.ms

If you already use another custom com.suy.ms file, you should use the "NO_MAINSERVICE" flavor.

I can't be taken as responsible for any damage caused to your unit, you're supposed to know how to flash a FYT 7862 based unit and I'll not talk about "how to flash a 7862 FYT unit or how to flash my original kernel back" here.

By installing Firmware MD-EDITION with FMC embedded app, you will NOT lose any of your third party installed apks, apk updates, settings and data.

You should have a copy of your 6315_1.zip, your AllAppUpdate.bin and your config.txt in case you want to rollback your installation (even if the AllAppUpdate apps and config.txt will not be modified in the MD-EDITION installation.
    The installation procedure is like any normal kernel upgrade (FAT32 USB Pen drive, firmware in root of USB and plug it to unit, that's all).

This firmware and the FYT Management Center App are both based on mutual trust, the FYT Management Center App is a system app using System as user to perform the embedded tasks (services / activities)

Obviously, the source code isn't available in GitHub or other public places, but you can use apktool to backsmali and analyse the app, even I encourage you to do that if you think (or doubt) about the app doing "tricks" that aren't meant to be done.

At first boot, when opening the App and only if internet is reachable from your head unit you'll be asked for registration, with email, first and last name, and a password, this will automatically register you in my fytfactory website as a user (more advantages to come soon), then after registration you can use the app.

In the second boot, the app will check your system for previously installed apks that may have "RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" permission in their manifest and will auto whitelist that apks in the "pwctl_conf.xml" file to be sure that your apps will receive the BOOT_COMPLETED and act normally without chinese restrictions. This second boot may bring your unit slow for a couple os seconds (in 6Gb or 8Gb units) or a minute or two (in 4Gb or less RAM units) while whitelisting your applications. Anyway, every process running by FYT Management Center will be notified to you by a colored Toast message.

Fellows, I wish that you will enjoy the firmware as I enjoyed the creation and test period.

The firmware is available as BETA eve if it's stable (tested in me four different FYT units with 2, 4, 6 and 8Gb of ram)

Recent updates will come alive with time, you will be notified by email (that's also why the App requires registration).

If you enjoy the firmware with the FYT Management Center App, just think about how many coffees, coca cola and other stuff I drunk not to mention the white nights passed behind the screen surrounded by a bunch of FYT 7862 units to test the Kernel and the FYT Management Center App, you can be generous and donate for a single coffee, of course this is NOT MANDATORY at all.

IMPORTANT: I seek every file on the kernel to find out some eventually functions/programs sending our data to Chinese servers, and I didn't find anything, it is safe at kernel level, but I'm concerned about apks inside AllAppUpdate, but AllAppUpdate is out of my firmware's scope.

You can read more about the firmware and download it in my FYTFACTORY website: Fyt Management Center MD-EDITION

FYT Management Center App is available in English, French, German and Russian, other languages to be added soon.

If you have ideas to be implemented, they are welcome.

Sorry for the lack of screenshots/images here, you'll find them in FYTFACTORY.

FYT one day, FYT every days!

If anyone needs a language that is not included in FMC, you can get the attached strings.xml and provide it back translated in your language named as the following pattern: "strings-xx.xml" where "xx" is the ISO code of your country.

DONATIONS: (Pay me a coffee?, a beer?, a McDonald's ?, other thing? encourage me? all types are welcome, anyway MD-EDITION remains FREE!)​

BTC: 3AhqT2LmE6Z9NsDNL3UEV4757mX5M7kFXL

PAYPAL: mario.dantas@md-webmail.net

BOOSTY: https://boosty.to/mariodantas

N'joy fellows .

Cheers from France
    I'm alive fellows, everything is on again
    @surfer63 you can do whatever you want with MD, also share in your own github (kernels and even my scripts, no worries about that)

I'll be out of business for a while, too many personal problems this year to allow enough time to try to improve things.

P.S. If you need my scripts to compare with yours, I can feed them to you, no probs !
    thank you for doing this mario and thanks for all your work i plan to make another donation for all your hard work and especialy for this registration free version.
    Love you all guys, this was a real pleasure to work together with all of you on this project
    New version released today:

2023-08-21
    • New kernel from Jul 24th, 2023
    • Kernel level: Nothing new (as per my research)
    • FMC: Fixed error while backing up /data/{data,app} dirs
    • TYPE: MD-EDITION-UPDATE or FMC-UPDATE

P.S. Sorry for the slow work, but things take priority in my life now !