• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[KERNEL] G3 XTD [N O, P] [AOSP, CM] [ALL Variants] DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1p1c1

Aug 9, 2016
heaven
New version is ready
Release7 (12-06-2018):
G3DS support - feedback please
Inline with other msm8974 lineageos kernels
Security patches
Bugfixes
Updates
Permissive zip is not needed anymore after flashing kernel on selinux enforced rom, this new version will switch to permissive automaticly.
Can you improve battery life? its worse than stock. Tested only profiles zzmove and conservator.
2.5 hours sot versus 3 hours stock kernel.

when i go to sleep battery level its 51 %. When i wake up is still 51 % but goes to 30 % in 5 minutes.

ppajdek

Sep 17, 2015
Silesia
www.androidfilehost.com
Can you improve battery life? its worse than stock. Tested only profiles zzmove and conservator.
2.5 hours sot versus 3 hours stock kernel.

when i go to sleep battery level its 51 %. When i wake up is still 51 % but goes to 30 % in 5 minutes.
I got over 3h sot, i got reports of even more sot, its all matter of config, try yankactive governor, lover cpu and gpu frequencies, enable adreno idler, etc, my kernel i highy customizable, make your own profiles.
About sot, how you measure sot? There is no standarized sot benchmark/test, so sot is pretty inaccurate.

Last edited:

vanko11595

Aug 18, 2013
Sofia
I got over 3h sot, i got reports of even more sot, its all matter of config, try yankactive governor, lover cpu and gpu frequencies, enable adreno idler, etc, my kernel i highy customizable, make your own profiles.
About sot, how you measure sot? There is no standarized sot benchmark/test, so sot is pretty inaccurate.
Yes, highly customizable. But that might be a problem. Too many things to change without knowing the impact over the system. Could you upload configuration file or post some settings.

Landloord

Feb 28, 2014
Accra
Great work, Dev. Been using the latest build for two days and thanks to your kernel, this vermin has managed to stay cool while browsing in chrome and fast charging at the same time. Thumbs up.

L1p1c1

Aug 9, 2016
heaven
the one that shows in settings. brightness is always on minimum.

Attachments

ppajdek

Sep 17, 2015
Silesia
www.androidfilehost.com
Yes, highly customizable. But that might be a problem. Too many things to change without knowing the impact over the system. Could you upload configuration file or post some settings.
The default settings are set to be balanced, then you can tweak it to your needs.
There are many topics on xda about custom governors, hotplugs, etc, it isnt really that hard to figure it out for yourself.
But if you want to flash & forget and have great perf and battery life, the sorry this kernel is not for you.
There are other kernels like artx, moun, solid, gabriel to try.

MaverickNextDoor

Oct 28, 2016
Warri
I'm no expert but here are my profiles (specifically, profile "Twelfth") for SOT improvements, plus a GIF of CPU frequencies and SOT (due to this profile).

Note that my battery is almost 2 years old (so improvements may be better for newer batteries).

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.