[KERNEL] G3 XTD [N O, P] [AOSP, CM] [ALL Variants] DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tarhana

Jun 22, 2017
Can confirm flashed yesterday and got random freezes then reboots (RR remix nougat)

Last edited:

ppajdek

Version 4 makes random freeze and restarts on my phone. Im using Pixel G3 rom.

Can confirm flashed yesterday and got random freezes then reboots (RR remix nougat)

Ok noticed it too, seems like gpu subsystem (adreno).
Release 4 has been temporarily removed from MEGA until I fixed the bug, since I'm out of country I will look at this at the end of next week.
Sorry guys for inconvenience.

Nebula.Inc

Feb 3, 2018
Noticed that firebird used this kernel in a previous build of crdroid 8.1.. he mentionned he'll get back to it but i just can't wait cuz it's really great.. well until you fix r4 at least..
Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Trickymaster

Emu

Apr 5, 2013
Noticed that firebird used this kernel in a previous build of crdroid 8.1.. he mentionned he'll get back to it but i just can't wait cuz it's really great.. well until you fix r4 at least..
Keep up the good work!

Same here. For some reason, flashing this separately won't allow me to boot. Also not a fan of the inclusion of XTD Kernel Adiutor for the slim version (why? when it's the slim version) I hope he will integrate it back but I think it's currently causing issues when you plug it into USB. It's not being recognized.

Nebula.Inc

Feb 3, 2018
Same here. For some reason, flashing this separately won't allow me to boot. Also not a fan of the inclusion of XTD Kernel Adiutor for the slim version (why? when it's the slim version) I hope he will integrate it back but I think it's currently causing issues when you plug it into USB. It's not being recognized.

Flashed over crdroid 8.1 wiped dalvik etc etc.. first boot worked fine, i just had to uninstall LG drivers to get it recognized with usb.. applied the oc settings, the problem is the random reboots after a while then navebar isn't working except back button and notification panel can't be pulled completely just halfway, and even after i restored my boot.img that didn't fix it!

ppajdek

Flashed over crdroid 8.1 wiped dalvik etc etc.. first boot worked fine, i just had to uninstall LG drivers to get it recognized with usb.. applied the oc settings, the problem is the random reboots after a while then navebar isn't working except back button and notification panel can't be pulled completely just halfway, and even after i restored my boot.img that didn't fix it!

after it reboot itself post last_kmsg from /proc/last_kmsg

Last edited:

ppajdek

What G3 model you have?
XTD Kernel Adiutor you can delete yourself with file manager with root access like total commander
Its SLIM because it has less cpu govs and hotplugs.
The USB bug has been fixed in release 4, i have checked it right now with latest crdroid orea and AEX nougat in Win7 and Win10 without issues. With the lg mobile drivers installed win7 will bsod, but after uninstall its working fine.

aheeejd

I am new to this kernel & am using it with RR 7.1.2 on ls990. I went for zzmove with profile #4, was suggested in this thread [thanks seanskiT!] & I'm quite pleased. My battery is lasting long time. Very good. Thank you ppajdek

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: seanskiT!

Emu

Apr 5, 2013
What G3 model you have?
XTD Kernel Adiutor you can delete yourself with file manager with root access like total commander
Its SLIM because it has less cpu govs and hotplugs.
The USB bug has been fixed in release 4, i have checked it right now with latest crdroid orea and AEX nougat in Win7 and Win10 without issues. With the lg mobile drivers installed win7 will bsod, but after uninstall its working fine.

D851 sorry for the lack of detail. I will flash this later tonight and test.

Update: It worked! And the USB bug has indeed been fixed. Very happy. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ppajdek

norderk

Jan 10, 2015
İzmir
Hello I believe there is something wrong with zzmoove, or with my configuration of it. I've just had 3 freezes and consequent reboots. I hope there all info you need is there.
D855 32gb running RR 5.8.5 nougat with your extended xtd kernel for nougat build, the latest 9th of February build.

By the way zzmoove with default [0] (or zzbat -profile 4) works fine for a while and with very snappy and low temps but freezes randomly, whether I multitask and switch between apps a lot or just read a newspaper app only with background idle apps.

And I really like your work with this kernel kudos.

Attachments

• last_kmsg_Feb_11_2018_20_00.txt
    150 KB · Views: 11

ppajdek

Hello I believe there is something wrong with zzmoove, or with my configuration of it. I've just had 3 freezes and consequent reboots. I hope there all info you need is there.
D855 32gb running RR 5.8.5 nougat with your extended xtd kernel for nougat build, the latest 9th of February build.

By the way zzmoove with default [0] (or zzbat -profile 4) works fine for a while and with very snappy and low temps but freezes randomly, whether I multitask and switch between apps a lot or just read a newspaper app only with background idle apps.

And I really like your work with this kernel kudos.

Did you change voltages?

norderk

Jan 10, 2015
İzmir
Did you change voltages?

Yes, I did. Minus 75 mvolts. Same settings as stock xceed kernels global offsetted by minus 75mV. But I don't think it is the culprit since problem isn't there when using interactive or yankactive as governor with xtd. I can still try using default voltages and report back if you think I should.

Edit: I forgot to say it was also rock solid with minus 75mV on xceed stock kernel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, etc. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at your won risk
    */

This is my 3rd attemt at making custom kernel for G3, after few months of working on it, i think its mature enough to make it public. Kernel used lineage cm-14.1 as a base, since then i made over 1500 changes to it. Much features are taken from 3.10 base and its version is probably closer to 3.10 then to 3.4.
    R1 to R7 Kernel comes in 4 variants:
    Standard and slim version for Nougat and Oreo
    Slim verion lacks in additional governors and hotplugs.
    This kernel was only tested on D855, but should work on other variants without issues, if any let me know.
    R8 Kernel is only for Pie and Oreo Roms.
    Nougat and slim versions are EOL.

Features:
    Compiled with UBERTC 4.9
    Additional governors: Impulse, zzmove, alucard, electroactive, elementalx, intelliactive
    nightmare, slim, smartmax, smartmax_eps, umbrella_core, yankactive
    Addtitional hotplugs: alucard, autosmp, blu_plug, bricked, mako, intelliplug, msm
    MSM Limiter
    State Notifier
    Powersuspend
    Power Efficient Workqueues
    Per core input boost
    CFS Scheduler policy
    Intellithermal
    Adreno idler
    Simplr GPU Algorithm
    KCAL
    Faux Sound Control
    USB Fast Charge
    Arch Power
    Additional io schedulers: deadline, fifo, fiops, maple, sio, sioplus, tripndriod, vr, zen
    Wakelocks bloker
    Dynamic fsync
    Async Fsync
    Frandom
    CPU OC to 2,8 GHz, UC to 288MHz - oc disabled by default
    GPU OC to 657 MHz, UC 27MHz - oc desabled by default
    Patches and optimizations from newer kernels
    and many more...

Download
    MEGA
    These zips are AIO this means it will detect your G3 version and flash proper kernel, a backup of stock boot.img will be created in the directory where the zip is, just in case smh goes wrong.

Also i included a control app to manage the kernel, its based on KA fork made by @bhb27, i made changes to make it work on G3, plus added some other features missing in @bhb27 KA.

Credits:
    All the guys from the LG G3 DEVELOPMENT telegram channel for unparalleled kind of humour.
    For the rest, check the kernel commits.

Changelog:
    Release2 (26-12-2017):
    Fixed kernel version not showing i rom information page.
    Make LCD colors more vivid.
    Add FunctionFS
    Release3 (01-01-2018):
    Cleanups
    Optimizations
    Release4 (09-02-2018):
    Fixed bug with USB device not recognized
    KGSL patches and optimizations
    General optimizations
    Release5 (13-02-2018):
    Removed KGSL patches for now since it causes random reboots
    Keep inline with LineageOS kernel
    Release6 (02-05-2018):
    Fix sound control
    Enabled exfat and sdfat support
    minor fixes
    Release7 (12-06-2018):
    Inline with other msm8974 lineageos kernels
    Security patches
    Bugfixes
    Updates
    Release8 (04-10-2018):
    PIE ready
    Security patches
    Compatibilty with G3DS and D856 variants
    Release9 (07-12-2018):
    Tethering should work now
    Ability to connect to hidden wifi is working now

Detailed Changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageXTD kernel for G3 Nougat, Oreo, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    ppajdek
    Source Code: https://github.com/ppajda/kernel_g3
    Toolchain: UBER from matthewdalex/arm-eabi-4.9
    XTD Kernel Adiutor: ppajda/kernel_adiutor

Version Information
    Linux: 3.4.113
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-04

Created 2017-12-22
    Last Updated 2018-10-04
    New version is ready
    R8 is only for OREO/PIE Roms
    Nougat and slim versions are EOL.
    Release8 (04-10-2018):
    PIE ready
    Security patches
    Compatibilty with G3DS and D856 variants
    Some minor changes
    New version is ready
    Release7 (12-06-2018):
    G3DS support - feedback please
    Security patches
    Bugfixes
    Updates
    Permissive zip is not needed anymore after flashing kernel on selinux enforced rom, this new version will switch to permissive automaticly.
    New version is ready

Release9 (07-12-2018):
    Tethering should work now - thx @HardStyl3r
    Ability to connect to hidden wifi is working now - thx @HardStyl3r
    Ok guys, since there are Oreo ROMS with different binder i have to make some clarifications, my kernel worsk with both 32b and 64b binder since the first release - you just have to flash rigth version:
    G3_laos_xtended_o8-n7x - is for nougat 7.x and oreo with 32bit binder
    G3_laos_xtended_slim_o8-n7x - is for nougat 7.x and oreo with 32bit binder
    G3_laos_xtended_o8x - is for oreo with 64bit binder
    G3_laos_xtended_slim_o8x - is for oreo with 64bit binder

-------------Binder version info starts here ---------------
    If you dont know what binder versions your ROM has, ask the dev or look at 1st page of the ROM thread, if you still dont know, flash frist 64b binder version, if it wont boot flash 32bit binder version, if you dont know what im talking about flash first 64b binder version, if it wont boot flash 32bit binder version.
    -------------Binder version info ends here ---------------