[KERNEL][G800F][EXYNOS] TardisKern G800F Ultimate. OC and tweaks kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AlabaMadafaka

Oct 31, 2015
i will be needing testers for the g800h kernel, got one already but more is always helpful - eventually got a bootable kernel now so am adding tweaks now
Can someone please write all the process to install this kernel? What do i have to do with those images? How can i flash with dd? I tried flashing only the Kernel, but after the firt time the phone attempt to boot, it reboot in recovery. Can someone please write a full tutorial for noob?
Write from a s5mini with cm13
Thanks for reading.

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
Can someone please write all the process to install this kernel? What do i have to do with those images? How can i flash with dd? I tried flashing only the Kernel, but after the firt time the phone attempt to boot, it reboot in recovery. Can someone please write a full tutorial for noob?
Write from a s5mini with cm13
Thanks for reading.
If you had read through the thread u would have mentioned that the kernel wont boot cm13.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
USB-OTG in TardisKern G800F Ultimate

Is there USB-OTG enabled in your kernel? (TW 4.4.4 version)
I don't want that permanemtely. It would make problems with water in the micro USB Slot. So the advantage of S5Mini - the waterproofness would be lost.
It make sence that SAMSUNG disables OTG per default.

I would like to have the advantages of your kernel (TW 4.4.4 version) + the advantage of waterproofness (+ OTG if possible).
I'm not interested in CM12.1 and CM13, problems with finger scanner, not really advantages of Android 5.1.1 / 6.0 for me. Problems with closing apps automatically....

If you have enabled USB-OTG per default, is it possible for me to switch off. If your kernel doesn't support USB-OTG, it would be OK.
Best solution would be to find a possibility to enable/disable OTG temporarely by the user.

Thanks

Last edited:

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
boot.img

OK, Thanks. I thought enabled OTG means voltage on USB. If that isn't so - it's no problem with waterproofness.

But I have another question. I have already flashed some custom ROMs and Custom Kernels for Galaxy S2. There it was not necessary to flash explicitely a boot.img. Perhaps boot.img was included?

Now a boot.img is offered.
Have I flash the boot.img before I flash the kernel?
Or after flashing the kernel?

Thanks

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
kernel == boot.img they are the same thing, the kernel is part of the boot.img - most devices use zip files to flash updated imgs (which i could do with this but until i get a better build of twrp up im not creating a zip for this

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
Experiences with Tardis kernel - undervolting not possible? - not necessary?

Thank you! I have sucessfully flashed.
Now my first experiences .
The kernel works good without any adjustments (no manually change of zzMoove or other things like undervolting).

But unfortunately undervolting does not work. Not with "setCPU", not with "Voltage Control" and not with "CPU Adjuster".
In all cases the phone crashed after applying a undervolting or applying a profile comes from the app.

Example:
zzMoove govenor
set CPU shows the different frequencies with voltage. After starting the app 775mV for 200 MHz is shown.
Than I tryed to undervolt for each frequenz only 25mV for the first trial. --> save 750mV in the app. After setting "apply" I noticed, that the table of frequencies/voltages show me 600mV for 200MHz. That is not what I wanted. Where comes the 600mV from?
After applying any modifications or "set for boot" and after booting a freeze comes.
The same with profiles, any adjustmensts due to a freeze.
The same with the other undervolting apps.

With govenor interactive the device crashes immediately after booting and unlocking the screen.

1. question:
Is threre a undervolting in zzMoove implemented that doesn't work together with undervolting apps?
Does that mean that, a explicitely undervolting app is not necessary und undervoling works via zzMoove?

2. question:
Why does the interactive governor not work?

3. question
Why don't any profiles (set CPU app) work (no undervolting in the profile, only a limiting the max. frequences)?

4. question
I have noticed via "CPU spy" app that the device goes in deep sleep mode if I do nothing, but if I unlock the creen and open an app in which I can see the frequence, I see 1000 or 1100 Mhz. In fact either frequence is very down or quite high. Only one app is open and than such a extraordinarily high frequence? Is that normal for the zzMoove?

5. question:
If zzMoove does not undervolt, is there an other possebility? Or is the manually undervolting of your kernel by the user not possible? Or not necessary? (see question 1, is that includes in yor min. frequence of 200MHz together with zzMoove?)

I know, that it is not possible to give easy answers immediately. But I think, the most users want to try your kernel for saving battery/energy and the are interested in undervolting.

Thanks

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
Thank you! I have sucessfully flashed.
Now my first experiences .
The kernel works good without any adjustments (no manually change of zzMoove or other things like undervolting).

But unfortunately undervolting does not work. Not with "setCPU", not with "Voltage Control" and not with "CPU Adjuster".
In all cases the phone crashed after applying a undervolting or applying a profile comes from the app.

Example:
zzMoove govenor
set CPU shows the different frequencies with voltage. After starting the app 775mV for 200 MHz is shown.
Than I tryed to undervolt for each frequenz only 25mV for the first trial. --> save 750mV in the app. After setting "apply" I noticed, that the table of frequencies/voltages show me 600mV for 200MHz. That is not what I wanted. Where comes the 600mV from?
After applying any modifications or "set for boot" and after booting a freeze comes.
The same with profiles, any adjustmensts due to a freeze.
The same with the other undervolting apps.

With govenor interactive the device crashes immediately after booting and unlocking the screen.

1. question:
Is threre a undervolting in zzMoove implemented that doesn't work together with undervolting apps?
Does that mean that, a explicitely undervolting app is not necessary und undervoling works via zzMoove?

2. question:
Why does the interactive governor not work?

3. question
Why don't any profiles (set CPU app) work (no undervolting in the profile, only a limiting the max. frequences)?

4. question
I have noticed via "CPU spy" app that the device goes in deep sleep mode if I do nothing, but if I unlock the creen and open an app in which I can see the frequence, I see 1000 or 1100 Mhz. In fact either frequence is very down or quite high. Only one app is open and than such a extraordinarily high frequence? Is that normal for the zzMoove?

5. question:
If zzMoove does not undervolt, is there an other possebility? Or is the manually undervolting of your kernel by the user not possible? Or not necessary? (see question 1, is that includes in yor min. frequence of 200MHz together with zzMoove?)

I know, that it is not possible to give easy answers immediately. But I think, the most users want to try your kernel for saving battery/energy and the are interested in undervolting.

Thanks

the undervolting is a little bit weird and doesnt work properly, but im working on a better undervolting system for the newer DMPKern i have released recently but undervolting is not critically needed as if the goverenor works correctly the cpu should return to idle quickly and idle is where it uses very little power

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
Stock Rom for Tardis Kernel

@digu16 which rom do u use?

[G800F][Stock ROM] *15.05.15* G800FXXU1AOE3 [4.4.2] - DBT

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

the undervolting is a little bit weird and doesnt work properly, but im working on a better undervolting system for the newer DMPKern i have released recently but undervolting is not critically needed as if the goverenor works correctly the cpu should return to idle quickly and idle is where it uses very little power

OK Thanks. Without Undervolting there are no advantages for me. Battery life is less than with the StockROM and my configurations. I have about 60 h with Stock Rom and about 50 h with tardis kernel.
spy CPU says for Stock ROM about 93% deep sleep, 5% 400 Mhz 3% for 1000Mhz 2% for other frequencies (default interactive govenor)
spy CPU sya for Tardis Kernel about 93% deep sleep, 6% 1000 and 1100 Mhz, 1% for other frequencies, 200 and 300 Mhz is not used. I thing something goes wrong with the govenors in Tardis Kernel.

So ist is clear, that no better battery life can result.

In Android 5 or 6 I'm not interested. Theoretically there is a better battery life, but in the reality it is not so - says the experiences. CM isn't an alternative, I need the finger scanner for unlocking. New features I don't need. Now I'm trying the Custom Kernel for Android 4.4.2 made by CurtisMJ. Perhaps there are no freezes and perhaps undervolting works or perhaps lower frequencies are really used.

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
Could you maybe post wich voltage is related to wich frequency? I took a look at the kernel file, but unfortunately wasn't capable of extracting the info from it.
Would need it to be able to properly follow the following tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3269557. Or does every frequency step include an increase of voltage?
thanks in advance.
btw any news about cm13 build?

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
Could you maybe post wich voltage is related to wich frequency? I took a look at the kernel file, but unfortunately wasn't capable of extracting the info from it.
Would need it to be able to properly follow the following tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3269557. Or does every frequency step include an increase of voltage?
thanks in advance.
btw any news about cm13 build?

voltages generally increase with speed. and im reluctant to put a cm13 img out as its designed to use the new LP kernel which also causes issues with touch screen response that im still trying to fix

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
voltages generally increase with speed. and im reluctant to put a cm13 img out as its designed to use the new LP kernel which also causes issues with touch screen response that im still trying to fix
But is it a linear scaling or ar there maybe still some less efficient freqs?

Greets

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
@tet-bundy Is this what you mean?
freqs.jpg

Column A is CPU frequency and B is voltage
Voltage table from *stock* kernel, NOT this one, that would need another looksey...

Reactions: tet-bundy

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
@tet-bundy Is this what you mean?
freqs.jpg

Column A is CPU frequency and B is voltage
Voltage table from *stock* kernel, NOT this one, that would need another looksey...
Exactly! thank u very much! As this one doesn't work for me, thats exactly what i've been looking for
Greets!

Last edited:

Zocker1304

Feb 15, 2016
[G800F][Stock ROM] *15.05.15* G800FXXU1AOE3 [4.4.2] - DBT

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

OK Thanks. Without Undervolting there are no advantages for me. Battery life is less than with the StockROM and my configurations. I have about 60 h with Stock Rom and about 50 h with tardis kernel.
spy CPU says for Stock ROM about 93% deep sleep, 5% 400 Mhz 3% for 1000Mhz 2% for other frequencies (default interactive govenor)
spy CPU sya for Tardis Kernel about 93% deep sleep, 6% 1000 and 1100 Mhz, 1% for other frequencies, 200 and 300 Mhz is not used. I thing something goes wrong with the govenors in Tardis Kernel.

So ist is clear, that no better battery life can result.

In Android 5 or 6 I'm not interested. Theoretically there is a better battery life, but in the reality it is not so - says the experiences. CM isn't an alternative, I need the finger scanner for unlocking. New features I don't need. Now I'm trying the Custom Kernel for Android 4.4.2 made by CurtisMJ. Perhaps there are no freezes and perhaps undervolting works or perhaps lower frequencies are really used.

Fingerprint works with hennymcc's CM13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 08/01/16
    released an update for just the Touchwiz build with minor change

Code:
    Fixed Samsungs Preinstalled Swap which i borked previous, TW becomes VERY Slow Without it
    Replaces the swap binary with the one from G800H which allows to set swapfile size
    Increased the default size from 1GB to 1.5GB

download on xda has been replaced and link on dropbox is also updated below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 07/01/16
    Ok i finally got Chance to update this :)

new changelog below
    Code:
    Update To Hyper-Linaro 5.1.1 GCC for performance
    Increased CPU & GPU Overclocks to 1.6Ghz and 640Mhz respectively
    other minor changes

also i have now created update zips so its much easier to flash the kernel,
    included are also zip files for Cyanogenmod builds - i have not tested these but i am fairly confident they will work

downloads in the downloads section or available below
    TW 4.4.4 version
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh4sel5rmcu1pol/TardisKern-G800F-UBER-TW.zip?dl=0

Cyanogenmod 12.1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjctrcovyo8jvqn/TardisKern-G800F-UBER-CM-12.1.zip?dl=0

Cyanogenmod 13
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9yfnghc049d46v/TardisKern-G800F-UBER-CM-13.0.zip?dl=0

please let me know if they work or not

-----------------------------------------------
    im announcing a new release of my custom built kernel for the G800F i have used a base of CurtisMJ's custom kernel with lots of tweaks to increase performance and allow use of numerous apps to play with cpu settings etc(sorry synapse is just far too confusing to get working for my liking)

kernel main features are :
    1.5GHz Max speed
    GPU Overclock to 600mhz
    full voltage Control Support via both voltage_table (per curtisMJ) and also the seemingly more recognisable UV_mV/UV_uV_table interface so loads of apps can tweak it.
    Added BFQ, ROW, FIOPS, VR, SIOPLUS ZEN(v2) and TRIPNDROID I/O Schedulers
    Added Intelliactive, ZZMOOVE CPU Governors(also enabled the stock ondemand, powersave, conservative and performance govs for anyone who likes those :D)
    Enabled a few lower CPU steps (300mhz, 200mhz) to save even more power
    Probably a few other things ive forgotten

i did try tweaking the reserved memory for the gpu to give us some more usable ram but that breaks things like camera so i reverted that.

could use some people to test this out and give me some opinions if possible as its hard to give a subjective test to something that you made yourself :D

download links are here :

Boot.img that can be flashed via dd on device
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/63mn5i2hb3cguli/boot.img?dl=0

command to flash this via dd is:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9

and a boot.img.tar for odin flashing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wt0anl2opcgqk4/boot.tar.md5?dl=0

any questions please feel free to ask

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][G800F][EXYNOS] TardisKern G800F Ultimate. OC and tweaks kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    DJ_Steve, kernel sources from CurtisMJ and hennymcc
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.1
    Beta Release Date: 2015-12-06

Created 2015-12-06
    Last Updated 2016-01-08
    first post has been updated with new build folks ;)
    Going to be looking into that next im playing with trying to make a bootable kernel for g800h today :)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    Yeah,same thing here.Shame because I used it on CM12.1 and it was a fantastic.Hopefully maybe you'll find the time to sort it out.Thanks!
    I'll be working on it some point. Cm13 is quite bleeding edge though

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    Touchwiz - aka samsungs stock android build

Excuse my noobness, what does "TW" stand for?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone