[KERNEL] [G800F/M/Y] Spookcity_Kernel-N (For all 7.x custom ROMS)

Search This thread

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Unfortunately its not working. As I read at the Magisk forum, the Linux kernel version is old...

.https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...leshooting-t3641417/post73145987#post73145987

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Hmm,interesting. I have no need for this feature,but have tested and thought it worked fine. We are stuck on Linux kernel 3.4 nothing can be done about that. If it doesn't work I can look into trying to a backport patch or something. I really have no idea. I'd have to look into this.

Evos11

Feb 24, 2016
Hmm,interesting. I have no need for this feature,but have tested and thought it worked fine. We are stuck on Linux kernel 3.4 nothing can be done about that. If it doesn't work I can look into trying to a backport patch or something. I really have no idea. I'd have to look into this.
I would really appreciate it! Thank you for the hard work!!! :)
Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

[/QUOTE]

tobyxx

Apr 14, 2017
Fulda

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

[/QUOTE]

I would really appreciate it! Thank you for the hard work!!! :)[/QUOTE]
Im using this kernel in RR and have no issues with magisk hide and safetynet.

Reactions: spookcity138

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Magisk hide also worked on an older Xenon (with the F) and Kernel 3.0. There are so many other things why hide wouldn't work...the Magisk thread is full of that issue...

MikeT.

Mar 29, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
13.3 works fine with v4.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170819-150612.png
    Screenshot_20170819-150612.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20170819-150654.png
    Screenshot_20170819-150654.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 160

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Is USB OTG and MHL supported by this kernel for the device? Thank you for the great work!
I thought USB OTG was enabled by default (in the stock kernel) As you can tell I haven't tested [emoji3]
Someone who has use for it needs to test and let me know. If it's not enabled I think its pretty easy to change that.
I thought MHL was an HTC thing. I'm also not even sure our device would support it. Do you know it does or? I also don't know much about this. Its something I can look into.

Danko Jones

Nov 17, 2013
test v4.0

Thanks for creating and updating this kernel. I just tried your kernel for a week and I'm really satisfied with regard to performance and battery lifetime. Only thing I noticed were two reboots while my phone was in sleep mode. Any way to get useful logs so you can have a look at it?
btw: I'm using newest LOS 14.1 rom

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Thanks for creating and updating this kernel. I just tried your kernel for a week and I'm really satisfied with regard to performance and battery lifetime. Only thing I noticed were two reboots while my phone was in sleep mode. Any way to get useful logs so you can have a look at it?
btw: I'm using newest LOS 14.1 rom
Yeah,a few others have experienced random reboots as well. Strangely I have not had one with the latest kernel on here,v4.0.
I've been super busy lately,but have looked at a few logs provided to me and it's a kernel panic causing this. Thats no big surprise though and I haven't had the time to really investigate further. Hopefully sometime soon.

A couple of questions:
Have you adjusted the voltages?
What CPU governor are/were you using?
Which I/O scheduler?

As far as logs, if you share them I will certainly have a look and it is appreciated. This can be done via TWRP. Go to advanced and open the terminal emulator. Then type
cp /proc/last_kmsg /sdcard/log.txt
This will copy the kernel log to your internal storage. You can then share it here.

Danko Jones

Nov 17, 2013
Yeah,a few others have experienced random reboots as well. Strangely I have not had one with the latest kernel on here,v4.0.
I've been super busy lately,but have looked at a few logs provided to me and it's a kernel panic causing this. Thats no big surprise though and I haven't had the time to really investigate further. Hopefully sometime soon.

A couple of questions:
Have you adjusted the voltages?
What CPU governor are/were you using?
Which I/O scheduler?

As far as logs, if you share them I will certainly have a look and it is appreciated. This can be done via TWRP. Go to advanced and open the terminal emulator. Then type
cp /proc/last_kmsg /sdcard/log.txt
This will copy the kernel log to your internal storage. You can then share it here.

I've flashed the 4.0 version and wiped both caches. Besides that I didn't changed anything. I just installed kernel adiutor to see if the CPU is using the unlocked OC clock rates.
I've attached the log like you explained it. Keep up your work! :)

Attachments

• log.rar
    83.5 KB · Views: 17

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Same here, only installed it, no changes in settings. Had two reboots when screen is off. Version 4.0, ROM DND2.1. No other issues, ROM is super fast now...

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
I've flashed the 4.0 version and wiped both caches. Besides that I didn't changed anything. I just installed kernel adiutor to see if the CPU is using the unlocked OC clock rates.
I've attached the log like you explained it. Keep up your work! :)

Thanks for the log. I had some time and looked it over. No kernel panics or oops or any of the such. This line however is repeated over and over...
"0 dw_mmc dw_mmc.2: data CRC error CMD19 CLKSEL 0x 03030003 1 Count 0"
This is your SDCard I believe (would have to double check) but the redundancy check is failing,so there must be corrupt data there....I assume.

Same here, only installed it, no changes in settings. Had two reboots when screen is off. Version 4.0, ROM DND2.1. No other issues, ROM is super fast now...

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah,while I've had no reboots,most who have seem to report it happens when the screen is off. This is why I think it may be related to powersuspend or similar. Still looking into it. Hopefully I can sort it out.

menotti.bg

Jul 15, 2010
I thought USB OTG was enabled by default (in the stock kernel) As you can tell I haven't tested [emoji3]
Someone who has use for it needs to test and let me know. If it's not enabled I think its pretty easy to change that.
I thought MHL was an HTC thing. I'm also not even sure our device would support it. Do you know it does or? I also don't know much about this. Its something I can look into.

Thanks for the prompt answer :) MHL is actually used by a variety of manufacturers, including HTC and Samsung, and the latter were a party in the development of the technology. The S5 has this feature but the Mini version do not support it officially. I am not aware of the requirements and cannot tell whether it's a matter of kernel tweaking. . .

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Thanks for the prompt answer :) MHL is actually used by a variety of manufacturers, including HTC and Samsung, and the latter were a party in the development of the technology. The S5 has this feature but the Mini version do not support it officially. I am not aware of the requirements and cannot tell whether it's a matter of kernel tweaking. . .
Ahh,OK I didn't know this. It's something I can look into at some point. I'm really short on time lately,but I will try to look into it when I'm able.

jaeck

May 26, 2015
@spookcity138
A couple of questions:
Have you adjusted the voltages? -No
What CPU governor are/were you using? interactive
Which I/O scheduler? cfq
Kernel 4.0a 1500MHz

Please have a look at the log. I've noticed at least 2 random reboots in the last hours. The phone has got some problems with wifi reception at the current place but thats because of the building. Maybe that's a trigger?

Attachments

• log.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 19

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
@spookcity138
A couple of questions:
Have you adjusted the voltages? -No
What CPU governor are/were you using? interactive
Which I/O scheduler? cfq
Kernel 4.0a 1500MHz

Please have a look at the log. I've noticed at least 2 random reboots in the last hours. The phone has got some problems with wifi reception at the current place but thats because of the building. Maybe that's a trigger?

Many thanks for the log and the detailed info. It is very helpful in these situations and appreciated. Sadly there is nothing in your log that stands out to me. I have also had random reboots with version 4.0a. That along with my lack of time is the reason I've yet to release a new version on here. Interestingly,my reboots seemed caused by the intelliactive governor and I haven't had one since changing. I think (hope) that a big reason for these issues is me changing the default HZ from 100 to 300. I haven't even had the time to revert that and try it out. Hopefully I will this weekend. I will post up a new test version on github if I do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, DO NOT
     * point the finger at me for messing up your device.
     * this kernel is only for the S5 mini SM-G8OOF/M/Y (Exynos) Do Not Flash this on any other device!
     */

19-10-2017 * Updated to v6.0 * Changes are in red or can be seen at the bottom of this post in the changelog: I am always applying patches to hopefully improve the kernel,so check out the "Patches and tweaks applied" section for a better view of the changes as well.

Notes
    • ALWAYS read the "Known Issues" section before flashing. I will add issues I have noticed or have been told about. Some may be VERY important. If you fail to do this and experience an issue that is listed I can not help you!
    • SELinux is set to permissive in this kernel. You can change this to enforcing at boot if you wish via an app like Kernel Adiutor-Mod
    • About voltage control: Setting frequencies that are unstable are going to cause lockups,freezes and reboots. This is NOT a fault in the kernel. My suggestion is to move the voltages up or down slowly (+/- 25) until you find some stable voltages that you're happy with.
    • Enough people were having problems with the 1.6ghz overclocked version that I've decided to release a non overclocked (1.5ghz) build as well. I would recommend trying the 1.6ghz and only if you experience a bootloop or instability then use the 1.5ghz version. I will not keep older versions of the 1.5ghz build up. Only the latest.
    • Having troubles deciding on a CPU governor or an I/O scheduler? Here is an amazing guide. All credits to Saber. Be sure to hit the thanks button. He obviously put a lot of time into that.
    Features
    • Based on the latest Samsung kernel sources
    • Built an updated Sqlite3 (from version 3.9.2 -> 3.19.3 that will be pushed along with the kernel install (you can verify this by running "sqlite3 --version" in a terminal emulator before the new kernel install and then again after)
    • Compiled with self-built (ct-ng) UBERTC 8.0
    • Patched Linux to latest 3.4.113
    • Unlocked CPU frequencies: 200MHZ and 300MHZ
    • GPU overclocked to 600MHZ
    • CPU Overclocked to 1.6GHZ
    • CPU voltage control ( Max voltage =1500mV. Min voltage =600mV)
    • DriveDroid support (add sysfs entry for cdrom to LUNs)
    • Implemented zen-tune v4.5
    • Added CPU boost driver
    • Added PIE net scheduler
    • Added support for USB keyboards (You need This app)
    • Reduced vm_swappiness from 60 to 20
    • Added I/O scheduler switcher by sultanxda (changes the I/O scheduler for a specified request queue to Noop when the screen turns off in order to improve power consumption while the screen is off)
    • Added Fsync on/off
    • Added dynamic fsync
    • Added Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks (allows to have two different intervals for dirty page writebacks and to dynamically manage them when the system has been resumed (it's active) or when has been suspended - Not adjustable via Grarak's Kernel Adiutor app)
    • Proc: much faster /proc/vmstat
    • Full CIFS support ( Modules will be pushed with kernel install )
    • Introduced new flag WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT for power oriented workqueues ( Allows for power saving if selected in Kernel Adiutor ETC. )
    • Added /dev/frandom support ( It is yet to be implemented properly yet however )
    • Properly enabled faux123's powersuspend v2.5
    • Fading LED's
    • Enabled graphite
    • Enabled AIO
    • Readahead set to 512 (from 128 default)
    • Reverted "Enabled arch power" (There will be a switch to enable/disable this in the next build)
    • Many build flags for optimization
    • Added optimization flags for the GPU
    • Many more features being worked on and coming soon

Added CPU governors
    - nightmare
    - wheatley
    - zzmoove
    - dancedance
    - darkness
    - hyper
    - lionheart
    - ondemandplus
    - bioshock
    - pegasusq
    - smartmax
    - alucard (by alucard24)
    - bluactive
    - intelliactive (by faux123)
    - intellidemand

Added CPU hotplug governors
    - alucard hotplug (by alucard24)
    - intelliplug hotplug (by faux123)
    - thunderplug hotplug (by varun.chitre15)
    - MSM Sleeper hotplug
    - autoSMP hotplug

Added IO schedulers
    - fiops
    - sio
    - zen
    - fifo
    - tripndroid
    - bfq-v7r8

Added many TCP congestions
    - reno
    - vegas
    - westwood and more
    - Added the rest of the TCP congestions
    - Westwood is now default TCP

Patches and tweaks applied include:

- Updated ARM topology and added cpu_power driver
    - Input: Improve the events-per-packet estimate
    - block/partitions: optimize memory allocation in check_partition()
    - block: bfq-iosched: tuning for SSD (thanks to anarkia1976)
    - cpufreq: Move get_cpu_idle_time() to cpufreq.c (This is important for CPU governors to work better/more efficiently with our kernel version-3.4)
    - Fixed all the CPU governors to work properly with the Move get_cpu_idle_time
    - cpufreq: Introduce new relation for freq selection (It selects the frequency with the minimum euclidean distance to target. In case of equal distance between 2 frequencies, it will select the greater frequency)
    - cpufreq: conservative: Set MIN_LATENCY_MULTIPLIER to 20
    - cpufreq-ondemand-Set-MIN_LATENCY_MULTIPLIER-to-20
    - cpuidle-Get-typical-recent-sleep-interval
    - cpufreq: Persist cpufreq time in state data across hotplug
    - implement-LoUIS-API-for-cache-maintenance-operations
    - ARM-kernel-update-cpu_disable-to-use-cache-LoUIS-maintenance API
    - update-v7_setup-to-the-new-LoUIS-cache-main
    - USB-gadget Optimize-tx-path-for-better-performance
    - af_unix: speedup /proc/net/unix
    - net/socket.c: fix: warning: 'sock/sock1/sock2' may be used uninitialized in this function
    - fs/proc/array.c: make safe access to group_leader
    - lib/memcopy: use glibc version (the kernel's memcpy and memmove is very inefficient. But the glibc
    version is quite fast, in some cases it is 10 times faster than the kernel version)
    - lib/string: use glibc version (same as above)
    - lib/int_sqrt.c: optimize square root algorithm
    - readahead: make context readahead more conservative
    - sched-Fix-select_idle_sibling-bouncing-cow-syndrome
    - sched-Implement-smarter-wake-affine-logic
    - sched-Micro-optimize-the-smart-wake-affine-logic
    - sched: Reduce overestimating rq->avg_idle
    - power: make sync on suspend optional
    - tcp: tweaked for speed
    - writeback-fix-occasional-slow-sync
    - writeback-fix-writeback-cache-thrashing
    - wireless - bcmdhd - reduce scan dwell time to reduce power usage
    - bcmdhd reduce wakelocks
    - mutex-Queue-mutex-spinners-with-MCS-lock-to-reduce-cc
    - mutex-Make-more-scalable-by-doing-less-atomic-operations
    - ARM-use-generic-unaligned.h
    - Kconfig-enabled-unaligned-capability-for-ARM
    - decompressor-Enabled-unaligned-memory-access
    - Optimized-ARM-RWSEM-algorithm
    - ARM: Fixed negative idle stats for offline cpu
    - disabled debugfs[/COLOR]
    - mm: remove noisy remainder of the scan_unevictable interface
    CONFIG_HZ=100 (reverted commit)
    - Plus many more - Check my git repo for full details.

Sources

Known Issues
    • Setting alucard hotplug along with certain other governors at boot via kernel adiutor etc can cause a reboot after setting is applied. So be certain to set the "delay" time in kernel adiutor or similar to 10 seconds or more,so if you have this you are able to cancel and change after a reboot.
    • There is a chance of some settings being reset after flashing the kernel (quick setting,sound,statusbar etc.) This is rather insignificant and all settings that have been changed can be set back in minutes.

Installation
    I HIGHLY recommend that you do a full backup before flashing this kernel. I am not responsible if you lose any or all of your data.

1.Download "Spookcity_Kernel-N"
    2.Place the zip onto your phones storage
    3.Reboot into recovery (Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    4.Select install
    5.Flash the downloaded kernel
    6.Go back a few times in TWRP Select wipe -> Advanced wipe and wipe Dalvik/Art cache and the cache partition.
    If you do not do this you are very likely to experience strange issues.You have been warned.Do not report problems if you did not do this.
    7.Reboot

Code:
    Feedback can also be posted[URL="https://github.com/Spookcity/ROMS-G800F/issues/12"]-------> Here[/URL]
    Test builds will be released [URL="https://github.com/Spookcity/ROMS-G800F/issues/22"]-------> Here[/URL]

Download the latest build

Download older version
    Code:
    [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120759188"]Version 5.0[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195920916"]Version 4.0[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298972709"]Version 3.0[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195913162"]Version 2.0[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195911617"]Version 1.0[/URL]
    Huge credit and many thanks to:
    Hennymcc,Ayke,Psyafter,mirhciulica,ctxZ,DjSteve,CurtisMJ,osm0sis,Archidroid,Chet Kener,andip71,faux123,flar2,ZaneZam,anarkia1976,AndreiLux,Yank,Francisco Franco,Sultanxda,varun.chitre15

Big thanks for testing and giving feedback:
    Oleggluk,StanleyNL,Mikahlo,Guntzog
    and any others as I'm sure I am forgetting people.

CHANGELOG
    HTML:
    01-09-2017 - Released Version 6.0

- Added MSM Sleeper hotplug
    - Reduced vm_swappiness from 60 to 20
    - Added intellidemand governor
    - Added autoSMP hotplug
    - Added CPU boost driver
    - Proc: much faster /proc/vmstat
    - Cpufreq: Persist cpufreq time in state data across hotplug
    - Reverted "enable arch power"
    - mm: remove noisy remainder of the scan_unevictable interface
    - net/socket.c: fix: warning: 'sock/sock1/sock2' may be used uninitialized in this function

01-09-2017 - Released Version 5.0

- Removed ROW I/O scheduler
    - Added I/O scheduler switcher by sultanxda
    - Added PIE net scheduler
    - Added support for USB keyboards
    - Properly enabled faux123's powersuspend v2.5
    - Added dynamic fsync
    - Added optimization flags for the GPU
    - Enabled AIO
    - Reverted a couple of HZ related commits
    - Added intelliactive governor
    - Added intelliplug hotplug driver 
    - Added thunderplug hotplug driver
    - Added Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks
    - Fixed voltage control on 1500MHZ version
    - Fixed alucard governor
    - Fixed ondemandplus governor
    - Fixed bluactive governor
    - ib/int_sqrt.c: optimize square root algorithm
    - af_unix: speedup /proc/net/unix
    - wireless - bcmdhd - reduce scan dwell time to reduce power usage
    - bcmdhd reduce wakelocks
    - readahead: make context readahead more conservative
    - block/partitions: optimize memory allocation in check_partition()
    - power: make sync on suspend optional
    - block: bfq-iosched: tuning for SSD

05-08-2017 - Released Version 4.0

- Added 1.5GHZ version
    - Added voltage control
    - DriveDroid support
    - Implemented zen-tune v4.5
    - Full CIFS support
    - Introduce new flag WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT for power oriented workqueues
    - Added Fsync on/off
    - Added ROW I/O sheduler
    - Added BFQ-v7r8 I/O scheduler for 3.4 kernel
    - Added Blu_active CPU governor
    - block: disabled add_random
    - tweaked build flags
    - many workqueue related patches
    - tcp: tweaked for speed
    - CONFIG_HZ=300
    - fs/proc/array.c: make safe access to group_leader
    - disabled debugfs

19-07-2017 - Released Version 3.0

-GPU overclocked to 600MHZ
    -Updated Sqlite3 to version  3.19.3 from 06-08-2017
    Added CPU governors
    -bioshock
    -pegasusq
    -smartmax
    -alucard
    -alucard hotplug
    -Added the rest of the TCP congestions
    -cpufreq: Move get_cpu_idle_time() to cpufreq.c
    -Fixed all the CPU governors to work properly with the Move get_cpu_idle_time
    -Added /dev/frandom support 
    -cpufreq: Introduce new relation for freq selection
    -lib/memcopy: use glibc version
    -lib/string: use glibc version
    -
     03-07-2017 - Released Version 2.0

-GPU overclocked to 533MHZ
    Added CPU governors
    -dancedance
    -darkness
    -hyper
    -lionheart
    -ondemandplus
    Added IO schedulers
    -fifo
    -tripndroid
    Added many TCP congestions
    -reno
    -vegas
    -westwood
    -etc.

26-06-2017 - Fix "unsupported device" when flashing in TWRP 3.1.1.0

23-06-2017 - Initial release

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] [G800F/M/Y] Spookcity_Kernel-N (For all 7.x custom ROMS), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    spookcity138
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-06-23
    Last Updated 2017-10-19
    Updated to v4.0. See main post for the details.

Enjoy!
    Updated to v6.0. See main post for details
    Note: I have not had the time to look into and fix the issue that a few have with this kernel. My apologies. I will try my best to look into it soon. I just haven't had much time to work on this kernel recently. All of these commits are from 6 or so week ago so yeah.

Enjoy!
    Updated to v5.0. See main post for details.

Enjoy!
    New test build up. Hopefully some of these random reboot issues are fixed,fingers crossed. Download Here
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone