May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/
banner1smol.png

Lunecrash is a kernel built by mintphin and (formerly) maffeen for the purpose of running Halium on the Mi A3. This means getting non-Android operating systems on the Mi A3 using the Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for blobs (aka drivers). That doesn't mean a completely libre phone since blobs are proprietary, but it means the possibility of getting Ubuntu Touch, postmarketOS, Plasma Mobile and LuneOS on the Mi A3. In a nutshell it's full blown Linux on your Mi A3 running natively. No need for a VNC or a distro chroot!

Only bug is the fingerprint scanner.

banner2small.png

photo.jpg

screenshot1.jpg
screenshot2.jpg

banner4small.png

All links are available at https://lune.nixeko.xyz/

banner6small.png

banner5small.png

- paul89rulez for creating Fenix kernel (the kernel base)
- The entire Halium and UBports community.

Last edited:

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
Some notes about the kernel.

The issue with the power button is that it also triggers the power menu. It's most likely an issue with Erfan's GSI but it's still considered a bug.
Bluetooth can be fixed installing a custom bluebinder version in Erfan's GSI Telegram channel. You can find that in the install guide.

Fixed!

Last edited:
Reactions: antoine62

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
We're pretty close to getting mobile data! Right now you need to pick for Wi-Fi or mobile data but hopefully someone in Halium figures out how to make it all work.

I was on it for 2 days and it blow my mind (have to go back to AOSP for work n stuff) almost all is working, video record and camera has just a bug in the landscape preview. some FC but calls, text, whatssp web app works flawlessly, Im very excited cos I love Linux and bored of Google, I hope if the devs or one of you guys can tell me how can I help more than sharing the news and showing in youtube the procedure to install it, I want to collaborate, please just point the rigt direction to me I will apreciate it.

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
I was on it for 2 days and it blow my mind (have to go back to AOSP for work n stuff) almost all is working, video record and camera has just a bug in the landscape preview. some FC but calls, text, whatssp web app works flawlessly, Im very excited cos I love Linux and bored of Google, I hope if the devs or one of you guys can tell me how can I help more than sharing the news and showing in youtube the procedure to install it, I want to collaborate, please just point the rigt direction to me I will apreciate it.
Oh, for the camera you need to install a new camera app with
Code:
wget https://static.peat-network.xyz/junk/ubports/com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click
pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click

thichthat

Nov 1, 2012
Thanks for your work! That's very interesting too see that Mi A3 can run OS other than android. I also saw video of @mintphin on youtube and he said that mobile network has been fixed (is that correct?).
I'm hoping that mobile network is fixed so that I can try the rom and (maybe) see if I can play with the code.

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
Thanks for your work! That's very interesting too see that Mi A3 can run OS other than android. I also saw video of @mintphin on youtube and he said that mobile network has been fixed (is that correct?).
I'm hoping that mobile network is fixed so that I can try the rom and (maybe) see if I can play with the code.

Mobile data doesn't work yet. I thought it would work in a release but it seems it's not. I'll try to get that fixed in the next few weeks.

SivaMaxwell

Sep 25, 2016
coimbatore
Xiaomi Mi A3
POCO M3
Thanks for bringing the juice of GNU/Linux to mi a3. 4G mobile data and mobile hotspot availability is also appreciated.

How can I install Anbox on the device? When i checked out official UB ports forum, found out that it will be for only certain devices.

Love,

Last edited:

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
Thanks for bringing the juice of GNU/Linux to mi a3. 4G mobile data and mobile hotspot availability is also appreciated.

How can I install Anbox on the device? When i checked out official UB ports forum, found out that it will be for only certain devices.

Love,

I would really not recommend it because of how experimental it is (literally broke the GUI on my phone) but if you insist... http://gist.github.com/Vince1171/69cdcb2e90f2c70e3ee24de93da8caac

Ok I am back on UBports, now I decided to use it from now as main device, I forced myself to stay "non googled" for at least 6 monts on daily use with this OS, no worries I can with it, but my question is... how can I help you devs? (obiously donating but I mean with reports or logs too) It is valuable for you if I share info about usage? or... just need to wait for your releases?, thanks in advance for the camera code, now works pretty fine! BTW can you help me to put time (utc) correctly? it don't change either manually or automatic mode, ty.

Last edited:

mintphin

May 2, 2020
Santiago de Chile
Ok I am back on UBports, now I decided to use it from now as main device, I forced myself to stay "non googled" for at least 6 monts on daily use with this OS, no worries I can with it, but my question is... how can I help you devs? (obiously donating but I mean with reports or logs too) It is valuable for you if I share info about usage? or... just need to wait for your releases?, thanks in advance for the camera code, now works pretty fine! BTW can you help me to put time (utc) correctly? it don't change either manually or automatic mode, ty.

Tbh we don't need data about usage. About the UTC thing, run these commands:
Code:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

antoine62

Jan 27, 2019
Wow, this is awsome! I saw that there is already a port of ubport for the mi a3, but it seems to be abandonned, no update since a while. I cant wait to try this. But i have to wait for my warrenty to be expired, first.

Reactions: SivaMaxwell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */
    banner1smol.png

Lunecrash is a kernel built by mintphin and (formerly) maffeen for the purpose of running Halium on the Mi A3. This means getting non-Android operating systems on the Mi A3 using the Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for blobs (aka drivers). That doesn't mean a completely libre phone since blobs are proprietary, but it means the possibility of getting Ubuntu Touch, postmarketOS, Plasma Mobile and LuneOS on the Mi A3. In a nutshell it's full blown Linux on your Mi A3 running natively. No need for a VNC or a distro chroot!

Only bug is the fingerprint scanner.

banner2small.png

photo.jpg

screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg

banner4small.png

All links are available at https://lune.nixeko.xyz/

banner6small.png

banner5small.png

- paul89rulez for creating Fenix kernel (the kernel base)
    - The entire Halium and UBports community.

I'm proud to say we got UBports recovery working on laurel_sprout! I'm still working on getting better support for UBports.

1628539319010.png

Love,

I would really not recommend it because of how experimental it is (literally broke the GUI on my phone) but if you insist... http://gist.github.com/Vince1171/69cdcb2e90f2c70e3ee24de93da8caac
    Oh, for the camera you need to install a new camera app with
    Code:
    wget https://static.peat-network.xyz/junk/ubports/com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click
    pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click