[KERNEL][GPL][18 OCT][STOCK] franco.Kernel r20 - Sound Control V2 | ExFat

Search This thread

rowlers

Nov 20, 2010
Yes, and I vehemently stand by that statement. If I buy an app, I expect to at least be able to use it for a little while at least. With this schmuck, he charges users and just left. This is different than a dev leaving for another phone. This guy actually charged money which he should own up to.

I agree!
Please do not use this kernel.
It is out of date, is not supported and importantly does not contain the SDS fix.
Use any of the other awesome kernels that are available!!!

Reactions: ajaymath

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
Yes, and I vehemently stand by that statement. If I buy an app, I expect to at least be able to use it for a little while at least. With this schmuck, he charges users and just left. This is different than a dev leaving for another phone. This guy actually charged money which he should own up to.

Think you got it spot on! He pretty much did the same thing with the Grouper. Appears that he gets a new device and then moves on. As long as he's making money from his app, I have no doubts that he's a happy chappy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features:
    * Tree RCU + RCU_BOOST
    * IO patches all across the board
    * Config stripped of debug for a lean kernel
    * NTFS + NTFS write support - useful for USB OTG
    * Module to change Wi-Fi power management policy on the fly (check second post)
    * Module to enable/disable fsync() calls on the fly (second post)
    * Module to enable/disable Thermal Throttle
    * Interface to change the frequency which the device will boost when the screen is touched
    * Sound Control V2 based on Supercurio Voodoo Sound - Volume Boost feature
    * Much more to be seen on my repository
    * This kernel is for Samsung roms only.

Instructions:
    * Flash via ODIN or Mobile Odin.

Download JellyBean compatible kernels (Only for Samsung stock roms): http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/SGS3/JB/
    JellyBean compatible kernels CWM zips (Only for Samsung stock roms): http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/SGS3/JB/CWM_zips/

ICS Kernel source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/GT-I9300-ICS-3.0.y
    JB Kernel source: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/SGS3/JB/

franco.Kernel updater app:
    * Kernel downloader
    * Kernel auto-flash
    * Frequency and governor interface
    * GovernorControl - full control over PegasusQ
    * Tons of custom settings to maximize user experience
    * Built on top of a full fledged ICS theme with inheritance from all the work done since the Galaxy Nexus is supported
    * More to come (Power Modes, custom power modes, core control etc)
    My apps list: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nVsbCxudWxsLDEwMiwic2ltcGxlLnJlYm9vdC5jb20iXQ
    Wi-Fi Power Management toggle:

echo Y > /sys/module/dhd/parameters/wifi_pm (pass Y to enable and N to disable; its N by default). This option only appears after the wifi is activated

Sound Control:

Volume boost from 0 to 62 (replace X with the number of your choice). It's 62 by default:

echo X > /sys/devices/virtual/misc/sound_control/volume_boost

Fsync toggle:

It's enabled by default. Enabled = stock IO speed while having data integrity; disabled = more IO throughput but less data integrity

echo N > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (N to disable and Y to enable)

Thermal Throttle toggle:

It's enabled by default. Careful playing with this, if this is working when the device heats up it won't be throttled down to safe values so if you don't know what you're doing just don't play with this, it's not my fault if you **** up.

echo N > /sys/module/tmu/parameters/throttle_enabled (N to disable and Y to enable)

How to activate the special sdwatcher binary:

This binary is special *buzzwords incoming* and will get rid of the fuse mounting and get rid of the /data/media symlink which causes excessive Media Scanning load - basically just mounts the internal sdcard as ext4. Battery life gets a nice boost using this binary. Instructions on how to use it at the second post. All credits go to Greg White, I did nothing but testing it for him.

To activate use ADB or Terminal Emulator:

mount -o rw,remount /system
    cp /system/bin/sdcard /system/bin/sdcard.bak
    rm /system/bin/sdcard
    cp /sbin/sdcard /system/bin/sdcard
    chmod 0777 /system/bin/sdcard
    reboot

Don't mess with this if you don't know what you're doing.

INPUT_BOOST_FREQUENCY:

Change whatever frequency you want the device to boost to when the screen is touched:

echo N > /sys/class/misc/touchboost/input_boost_freq (N = frequency you want, e.g: 200000 (200Mhz), 1200000 (1,2Ghz)

TCP Congestion Algorithm interface

To check all the available options:

sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control

To change to other option:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORITHM

Detailed test of all the algorithms:
    Latency - Download - Upload

cubic:
    1st run: 15ms - 10,75Mbps - 7,82Mbps
    2nd run: 14ms - 10,84Mbps - 8,06Mbps

reno:
    1st run: 13ms - 15,51Mbps - 6,73Mbps
    2nd run: 13ms - 14,73Mbps - 8,51Mbps

bic:
    1st run: 12ms - 10,38Mbps - 8,61Mbps
    2nd run: 13ms - 10,78Mbps - 8,62Mbps

westwood:
    1st run: 11ms - 17,65Mbps - 8,30Mbps
    2nd run: 13ms - 13,28Mbps - 8,29Mbps

highspeed:
    1st run: 13ms - 10,76Mbps - 7,94Mbps
    2nd run: 16ms - 14,42Mbps - 8,52Mbps

hybla:
    1st run: 14ms - 11,19Mbps - 7,44Mbps
    2nd run: 14ms - 13,47Mbps - 7,56Mbps

htcp:
    1st run: 14ms - 13,24Mbps - 7,03Mbps
    2nd run: 15ms - 10,85Mbps - 8,00Mbps

vegas:
    1st run: 14ms - 8,49Mbps - 6,62Mbps
    2nd run: 14ms - 12,00Mbps - 7,07Mbps

veno:
    1st run: 13ms - 9,58Mbps - 8,13Mbps
    2nd run: 13ms - 8,50Mbps - 7,64Mbps

scalable:
    1st run: 18ms - 12,01Mbps - 8,73Mbps
    2nd run: 14ms - 13,96Mbps - 8,23Mbps

lp:
    1st run: 14ms - 14,90Mbps - 8,68Mbps
    2nd run: 14ms - 13,44Mbps - 8,72Mbps

yeah:
    1st run: 14ms - 13,37Mbps - 8,28Mbps
    2nd run: 17ms - 13,89Mbps - 8,14Mbps

illinois:
    1st run: 13ms - 12,93Mbps - 8,24Mbps
    2nd run: 16ms - 13,97Mbps - 6,46Mbps
    r12:

* Merged the latest hardcore MDNIE tweaks - less color saturation on Standard screen mode - thanks hardcore again!!
    * Enabled TOUCH_BOOSTER again by default
    * Added a module to enable/disable TOUCH_BOOSTER on demand - command available on the 2nd post
    * MTP works on OSX again
    * Pushed the latest version of the Low Memory Killer driver from the mainline kernel tree
    * Some cleanups of legacy ****
    * Lowered the default CPU voltages a little bit
    * Smaller image since its compressed with XZ

I will update the app settings panel soon with the new tunables.
    I just posted in the OP the link for the new JellyBean kernel series. Its completely rebased from the new sources and features most of the previous kernels patches and improvements. The bigger differences is that it features much less useless patches and that I added an interface to change on the fly what frequency the device boosts itself when the screen is touched. By default is 800Mhz, but you can change to whatever frequency you want (between 200Mhz and 1400Mhz). ExFat should also work fine. The path will be in the second post. There are other small patches but I'll leave them for whoever wants to peak into my github repository. This kernel is ONLY for Samsung JellyBean roms. CM support will be added when I feel its a good time for it. If you have my app to download SGS3 kernels this new Kernel is still not available through the app since it requires some changes into the app code to differentiate between ICS and JB kernels.

Have fun! :)
    I expected to see empirical data and how you methodologically monitor process times and figures with the different implementations to determine the best and the benefits (Think Ezekeel here), and back up , let's admit it, your excellent marketing. To stay civil, let's just say I don't agree with the philosophy and portrayal of your kernels. I'll leave it at that.

Oh please, Ezekeel's "empirical" data was mostly done on the effects of race-to-idle, battery levels during extended music listening with deep-idle vs idle and his governors (lazy and wheatley). Specially the last one with the usage of the C4 power state on the GN. Thats easy to measure in numbers, anyone can do it.

If you know how to gather empirical data to measure RCU's differences please be kind and advise me, I'm always glad to learn. Currently let's just say that I based my choice on my technical analysis (which in my opinion it's pretty much accurate) and my personal real world usage/feel. In the end the average user will measure the difference on real world usage, not in numbers.

Nah, I leave the marketing to Apple, they are good at it. And I don't need anyone to agree with my philosophies, my users are happy, thats all that I want.