• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[KERNEL][GPL][23 FEV - #4] franco.Kernel | 2.6.35.10

DJNoXD

Sep 9, 2008
djnoxd.blogspot.de
His github is not up-to-date to the #4 release and he doesn't share his .config, so I don't know if it would be possible.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
If he hasn't disabled it, you can easily extract the .config from compiled kernel.
The default configs are normaly also stored in kernel source (if doesn't exist the .config is created from that defaults).

voyager20021 said:
Sorry, not a dev. Could you do it for us? And before that, ask permission from franco.
Will write a PM to him and ask for permission.

By the way:
Has anyone tried to ask franco to provide a fixed kernel by writing a PM to him or asking at google+?

Last edited:

Bec de Xorbin

May 28, 2011
Has anyone tried to ask france to provide a fixed kernel by writing a PM to him or asking at google+?
Yes I tried and provided the link to the fix. He said he will release it during that week (asked Monday April 2nd).

I won't bother him anymore, but if somebody else wants to, feel free to do it.

_purple_

Dec 11, 2007
I'm using the 2.3.3 stock rom without the bloatware and after flashing this kernel (I had the stock one before) I noticed a huge increase in battery life and a few bad things (some of them are already reported by other members).

The bad things are: 1) Occasionally when trying to wake the device it takes about one second for screen to turn on. 2) After reboot the touch screen won't work at all for about 30 seconds. After that it goes to sleep mode. I can then instantly wake the device up and it works. 3) I had 4 reboots in 10 days for the first time in 6 months (one of the reboots was caused by doing the following). 4) It is impossible to turn off USB storage. So I have to physically remove the sd card and insert it again. Today after doing so the device rebooted after a few seconds. Also turning USB storage on takes more time than before. 5) Two applications (Camera zoom fx and Tina time-lapse) I've been using before flashing Franco's kernel would allow the backlight to turn off but probably not the device to suspend. Now the device goes to sleep mode so it is impossible to capture time lapse photos. None of the applications were updated.

Last edited:

pradipsoman

Jun 20, 2011
Thrissur
This kernel is not supported now and none of the bugs have been addressed since long. Please change to "ta gb 1.1+hotfix kernel". It is currently the best with no bugs and has excellent battery life :) Compass also works. Use GPS essentials..It works superbly both with 2.3.3 (Stock) and the latest C.M 7.2 nightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: _purple_

Human_dude_007

Jul 30, 2011
chennai
This kernel is not supported now and none of the bugs have been addressed since long. Please change to "ta gb 1.1+hotfix kernel". It is currently the best with no bugs and has excellent battery life :) Compass also works. Use GPS essentials..It works superbly both with 2.3.3 (Stock) and the latest C.M 7.2 nightly.
Link please ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

AngryWolf80

Jan 6, 2011
Kernel works fine for me (with cyanogenmod 7), but I need traffic stats per application. In this kernel (#4) uid_stat option not enabled so it is unable to count per application traffic...

I'll search another kernel... sadly, with this kernel camera not flicker with overclocked CPU :(

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone