[KERNEL] [GPL] [4.4] FuguMod kernel for nexus 5 (secure)

Search This thread
Feb 1, 2013
Please try r33, I think root should work, and it should be more stable now that I removed some CM optimizations.

Just installed r33. Root stays seems to be running good, will report back later with more time logged.

Edit: after about 12hrs, im getting random reboots. Once browsing the web, scrolled real fast, reboot. The other accessed phone via pc , once I opened the SD it reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

renaud

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2010
Braine-l'Alleud
Just installed r33. Root stays seems to be running good, will report back later with more time logged.

Edit: after about 12hrs, im getting random reboots. Once browsing the web, scrolled real fast, reboot. The other accessed phone via pc , once I opened the SD it reboot.

Yes, it seems those began when I added CM compatibility bits. I am currently trying to solve this.

Reactions: jumparound246

jumparound246

Oct 22, 2012
Better try r35. I am currently running antutu stability tests with it.

Nice to see you back working on your kernel. Testing r35 without issues for me since yesterday evening. No reboots or other problems whatsoever. Will report back to make reference to battery stats. Already feels a little bit better than stock which is my favorite...till now ;)
Thanks again

Edit: I'm on latest stock rom

dmt-300

Hi guys
First time install this kernel, everything going well except one thing. I'm on Mehdi rom and i keep getting message saying "unfortantly theme provider has been stopped"?
Any advice are much appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Savant

Jul 29, 2011
Manchester
Hi guys
First time install this kernel, everything going well except one thing. I'm on Mehdi rom and i keep getting message saying "unfortantly theme provider has been stopped"?
Any advice are much appreciated

Try wiping cache and dalvik and see if that fixes it.

renaud

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2010
Braine-l'Alleud
Mahdi ROM is CM based. This kernel is for stock or AOSP based ROMS. Your themes provider will continue to crash regardless of what you wipe, as the kernel doesn't support CM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Well, I added CM compatibility bits, so it should work unless theme uses some potentially unwanted things.

JmPTaz09

Mar 2, 2011
Schaumburg
Nice; trying 35 out on cfx nightly. So far so good! Will report back.

Sent from my AOSP on HammerHead using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

owlbeard

Nov 29, 2010
Fargo
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Any updates planned for the near future? Anyone else on stock ROM have the video camera problems I mentioned several posts back? I've tried everything I can think of but still have the same issue. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FuguMod is a secure, open, reliable and no nonsense kernel

This is probably the only custom kernel for the Nexus 5 which adds security instead of removing it.

Current features are:
    - compiled with linaro gcc4.7.4
    - various small fixes

You can download the kernels at:
    http://fugumod.org/nexus5

Source and changelog can be found here:
    https://github.com/renaudallard/nexus5_kernel

IRC channel:
    irc.freenode.net #fugumod

Flashing
    Kernel zips are intended to be flashed with CWM ot TWRP, if you want to flash using fastboot, you need to unpack the zip and flash the boot.img which is inside

Versions
    Kernels are based on the below version scheme
    kernel_FuguMod_20131104_r1-4.4.img
    20131104 is the date it has been packaged
    r1 is the release number
    4.4 is the ROM it is compatible with

Stable vs Testing
    There are sometimes kernels in testing folder. These may be very stable or may not boot at all. Be sure to have an USB cable and fastboot under the hand if you try one of these. That said, in general, if they stay into testing folder for more than 15 min, they should at least boot and work more or less. I tend to remove non booting kernels from testing folder in less than 10 min (depending a little bit on the speed testers take them), and so if you see them one hour later, you should assume they are safe enough to flash.
    So, in general Stable is the safest bet, but Testing may be the best. I, myself, generally run testing one.

Deprecated folder
    In general, unless you really know what you are doing, you should avoid flashing those, they are mainly there for historical reasons.

Check for vulnerabilities
    http://www.xray.io

Compatibility with hackish style apps
    All apps which require direct memory write, access to symbols or memory offsets or modules will NOT work. And, no, don't ask they won't be supported in the future. Example: Arararagi's light is only provided as a module and will not be supported unless he produces a patch.

Security
    If you want good security when your phone is stolen, in addition to encryption, don't forget to turn debugging off. Also, use enpasschanger to change your encryption password, any short PIN encryption can be cracked in a few minutes easily (for example, using my script at http://pastebin.com/Mdu06RZN)

Redistribution
    As per GPL, you are authorized to redistribute this kernel with any of your custom ROMs provided you give out the source code like I do. You can link to my github in your distribution site.
    However, if you modify the kernel yourself, whatever the modification is (compiling it yourself with a different compiler is a modification), you are not authorized to name it FuguMod, although you can credit me and tell the base comes from FuguMod but you cannot call the kernel itself FuguMod.

XDA:DevDB Information
    FuguMod, a Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    renaud, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2859799
    Kernel Special Features: Open, stable, reliable and secure

Version Information

Created 2013-11-04
    Last Updated 2014-01-29
    I have now received my N5. Real stuff will begin.
    hope to see something from you soon, AK!

Im waiting to sell my n4 .... but for now im observing ....
    So I will take back development of this kernel again. It seems most of the features of grsec (which was available in testing version) makes this kernel really unstable.
    I will soon make a CM compatible version.
    I have promoted r35 as stable given that I did not succeed getting a crash since it's out.