[KERNEL][GPL]CM7 Custom BFS Kernel 2.6.35[10-25-2011]BFS/CompCache/120-806

Search This thread

drowningchild

Jul 29, 2010
West Allis,Wisconsin
KERNEL CHANGES:
Updated to 2.6.35 based of of marvel release(thanks to aleho/ladios/cyanogen/arco)
BFQ v2.1/V(R)
SLQB
CPU clock speeds(120,128,200,245,320,400,480,600,768,787,806)
CPU interactive default
Swap/comcache enabled
Boot @ max of 768
Updated bcm4329 driver
smartass2(work in progress)
TRACKPAD WAKE (thanks to arco)
Fixed bluetooth address
BFS
Tiny RCU(arco)

actual "changelog":
https://github.com/drowningchild/htc-kernel-msm7227-exp/commits/android-msm7227-2.6.35

Aufs Support is not built in 8-6 & above!!!

Obviously based off of CM kernel msm7227
source can be found @ https://github.com/drowningchild

Update.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4gdc7hw9517c3e7/drowningkernel-8-9-2a.zip

Previous Kernels
http://www.mediafire.com/?lhb8b2e2h87hx

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2010
Rocking it. Set at 200/825 Conservative... Still on the hunt for the ultimate battery life. Also saw that this has the edited Build.Prop. don't know if that was you or Cyanogen, but noted regardless.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

hunkyn

Feb 10, 2007
Does it have the default launcher or the ADW launcher? ADW is good but it has been sluggish if I do not use the phone for sometime.

If possible default launcher would be great.

Thanks

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Just wondering does increasing hsdpa/hsupa really have an effect? When I just changed only hsxpa I got about the same statistics as if I had changed hsdpa/hsupa

Signatures are fancy.

Reactions: tommyguns818

j.fignole

Nov 4, 2010
Just wondering does increasing hsdpa/hsupa really have an effect? When I just changed only hsxpa I got about the same statistics as if I had changed hsdpa/hsupa

Signatures are fancy.

It does alot. Reborn your phone a couple times then run speed test a couple times back to back. After a while you'll see a pretty dramatic increase

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Is there a way to just give us a flashable kernel? That way you don't have to be keeping up with nightlies.

Signatures are fancy.

loursonbrun

Oct 21, 2010
the only default launcher i used the app drawer was messed up so idk

I extracted the stock launcher (- Launcher2.apk -) from the SDK emulator and used it with CM7 nightly 43 a couple of days, everything was working ok.

I just noticed live wall-paper's settings were not saved between reboots...but it may have been something else, 'cause I like to get rid of apks I will not use, e.g. Androidian.apk, etc.

Can one use this kernel with liberated FR008 or is it only CM7 ?

hunkyn

Feb 10, 2007
I extracted the stock launcher (- Launcher2.apk -) from the SDK emulator and used it with CM7 nightly 43 a couple of days, everything was working ok.

I just noticed live wall-paper's settings were not saved between reboots...but it may have been something else, 'cause I like to get rid of apks I will not use, e.g. Androidian.apk, etc.

Can one use this kernel with liberated FR008 or is it only CM7 ?

I have been looking for the default launcher could you please share it with me.

Thanks

LTD36

May 1, 2010
I'm running this now, but for some reason the Settings / process com.android.settings force closes and the Market force closes all of the time. Is there any fix for this? I've wiped data / factory reset and wiped Dalvik cache as well. Other than that, it's a very smooth ROM.

EDIT: Forgot to add process android.process.media force closes left and right.

Last edited:

drowningchild

Jul 29, 2010
West Allis,Wisconsin
I'm running this now, but for some reason the Settings / process com.android.settings force closes and the Market force closes all of the time. Is there any fix for this? I've wiped data / factory reset and wiped Dalvik cache as well. Other than that, it's a very smooth ROM.

EDIT: Forgot to add process android.process.media force closes left and right.
i use it everyday with no problems at all

try fixing permissions?

LTD36

May 1, 2010
I've tried a bunch of different settings / permissions, checked MD5 sums, etc... I flashed to the latest nightly and it seems as though all is good though. By any chance do you happen to know how to get the "Phone keyboard" as an option? Any file to flash over?

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Any chance you could post just the kernel? So we can just flash it over newer nightlies as they came out?

Sent from my cm7 Aria using XDA App

Top Liked Posts