[KERNEL][GPL][i9300]ARM. Project | Nightlies | Build 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
Why would you. Its working perfect here with great battery life. My wifi is working its the best kernel ive flash on my s3 and i also have it on my nexus :(

Sent from my GT-I9300
You're running a kernel identical to the CM kernel with basically no other changes. Can we stop this nonsense?
i'm sorry. I will drop support due to Andrei. He didnt trust me, didnt thoroughly investigated what happened in optimus black forums a few months ago, and told me to drop support. So, you need to find yourself a better kernel.
I don't care what happened in the Optimus Black forum as it is happening over in the G2X and Nexus 4 forums too, and your entry here into the S3 forum came with you "bricking" your device and not knowing an absolute minimum on boot images, yet alone anything else kernel or C related. And yes the Wifi is not working because you're repacking untouched modules from a different kernel into this one. Do you even have this device or is this another blind development?

Just please stop wasting people's time and drop that stupid attitude.
Guys, incase you didnt notice, i am discontinuing ARM. for my final major exams. I will be hard revising, so basically, i will go completely offline for the entire few months to come. Once this ends, i will head on for diploma and focus back here due to my course :) and, instead of slow builds, you get everyday builds after october :) and, i wish you a happy new year :) i will continue my dev only for you guys here for one last week :) i hope you will appreciate my final few releases!
Dropping support on 4 kernels for different devices just 6 days after releasing them. lol. Good luck on your exams.

Oh and I have to mention: this gem is just hilarious.

Last edited:

gavin-phelan

Jun 1, 2011
Kilkenny
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
You're running a kernel identical to the CM kernel with basically no other changes. Can we stop this nonsense?
I don't care what happened in the Optimus Black forum as it is happening over in the G2X and Nexus 4 forums too, and your entry here into the S3 forum came with you "bricking" your device and not knowing an absolute minimum on boot images, yet alone anything else kernel or C related. And yes the Wifi is not working because you're repacking untouched modules from a different kernel into this one. Do you even have this device or is this another blind development?

Dropping support on 4 kernels for different devices just 6 days after releasing them. lol. Good luck on your exams.

You going to make a kernel or contribute? If not stop flamming his thread

Sent from my GT-I9300

Reactions: nicholaschw
M

marcellocord

Sent from my GT-I9300

I must agree with AndreiLux, each word he said. Blind development is never good. Just read the OP for some weird parts

"many fantastic features"
"ANY FLAMING OR CRITICISM WILL BE REPORTED" (this one assumes he is insecure about doing this)
"My Kernel only fixes bugs i can fix and which are unsolved and Of course, I will add more features not available in CyanogenMod Official" (this one makes the first quote invalid, as it only fixes bugs which I doubt, because codeworkx and other i9300 maintainers are doing all the bug fixing job. And it will add features... okay)
"wipe cache and dalvik cache? useless..."
"bricked device" (unless you are a master, it's nearly impossible to build a "flashable" kernel without testing it)
"9mb kernel" (CM10.1 kernel is much lighter, and the maximum size for a kernel is 8mb, this one is the zero law of i9300 kernels)

nothing against a new kernel, and I'm sure AndreiLux has nothing against it too, but this kind of development is a step back for xda. If this were a beta project, searching for testers and helpers, I could even support it, but I repeat everything Andrei said, so he isn't just flaming. Let's open the eyes and the mind, and read what an expert says.

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Meh, this is the work of some child who thinks he can blag his way into life.

Prob the type from this generation who gets up on American Idol auditions only to be c humiliated... Yeah parents to lame to tell em earlier on that they suck at singing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

NOZX

Aug 21, 2012
I fail to see why you brothered with this project in the first place, are you for real?

Bricked device. *WARNING* sign...
Not really knowing what to do. *WARNING* sign...
Dropping support for project...within days... *WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNING*

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Come on guys give him a break. I'm sure he has learnt his lesson.

What was the lesson? That you can't flash a kernel at least until the bootloader is unlocked or that you should at least have a solid test base if you don't have the device and try to blind dev? AndreiLux is spending countless hours trying to protect people that have a Note, S2, Note 2 from a nasty exploit that can brick your phone. He is only looking out for us. These phones aren't cheap and a FUBAR kernel can make your phone dead permanently. He wouldn't come post in a thread just to be mean or out of jealousy. He has nothing to be jealous of. If a kernel has a bug or poor performance, many times over the name next to the fix is Andrei. Its just some tough love. I have been around XDA for a few years now and there's this trend of releasing without any testing. There are only a few people whose work I would flash without it being tested and AndreiLux is one of them. If you think his tone was harsh its only because he knows how serious this stuff is

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Maybe this kernel could be the Darwinian test for those newcomers here on XDA who are stupid, reckless or impulsive to see the warning signs.

"Hmmm I'm new to all of this flashing stuff... should I be cautious and flash that Siyah or Perseus kernel with 1000 pages of posts and a solid reputation?... Nah I think I might just dive in and try this brand new one! Exciting!!... hmm maybe I should check out this developer's profile and posting history first?... Nah what could go wrong"

Lol better they be scared of here than fill up the Siyah thread with drivel.

Edit: probably a bit harsh but seriously kernel development clearly has the highest level of responsibility for both developers and users and the most potential to screw up a device.

Reckless Devs like this one should be held to account.

Reckless users should be pitied only so much.

Harsh but true

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: re4lsk

jnr21

Aug 17, 2007
Helsinki

Sent from my GT-I9300

Harakiri facepalm!

1314029819767.png

Reactions: Chris_84
M

marcellocord

Shut up all of you, this guy can do something that most of you (and us) can't do: fork, screw and compile CM10.1 kernel. Impressive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed, as OP is no longer to post his noobish kang-fail on XDA. If he perhaps learned and gained some maturity, it might not be so bad.

nicholaschw, AKA SoulExertz, AKA conantunt, AKA falconburn, AKA Xazer23, AKA (friend COUGH) JaredMLG

Goodbye to all of you, you are no longer welcome here on XDA. JaredMLG, you are not welcome here either, whether you are his "friend" or whether it's just another duplicate account, as you've got more than enough history on XDA causing problems.

Goodbye little children... This is a place for adults.
    boot.img without zip: 9.9MB. Not really sure wheres the issue. Need more info from u guys. My phone is bricked. So i need help on tests
    Soft-bricking your own phone with the just released kernel and then asking for help sure as hell isn't something worthy of the Original Development forum.

The discussions that went on in the Optimus Black thread seem to be pretty spot on with my first impression of what this is. The Nexus 4 thread already erupted in flames after 3 pages. You're doing blind kernel development on the Optimus 2X too.

Let's keep this short, as this is for you own sake. This reminds me too much of Netchip and problems that resulted from that drama.

You need to stop releasing things, close the current projects, go back into learning proper kernel development, source control, and need to work on that work ethic. Don't do blind development on devices unless you are a master of the platform. Come back once you have advanced on all those topics. Until then, this is just another useless and over-advertised project with fancy key-words.

And before anybody comes with some retort to this post of mine, this is for the sake of the community and all uninformed and un-knowledgeable users. The amount of bad developments on XDA is astounding and as far as I'm concerned I see it as a responsibility to close down on works in at least the device forums I'm active in.
    Wow, you little arrogant piece of ****.

Not only was it pointed out that your current account which was deleted was SoulExertz and you made this account afterwards, but today you just jumped the shark by registering yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5064283 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5064283 and using what is supposedly your friend/alter-ego http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4824104 and thanking all your posts by all three members and artificially inflating your thanks count as of today:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicholaschw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
    conantunt (Today), JaredMLG (Today), Xazer23 (Today)

conantunt

The last 3 visitor(s) to this page were:
    AndreiLux nicholaschw redy2006

Time to involve moderation into this since you obviously have no respect at all for this site.
    ryrtzrcn.png

ARM.
    The Next Reliable Managed Architecture.

NOTE

- ARM or Android Reliant Management, Aims to bring full battery saving to our devices and add features not introduced. This would of course reduce battery hunger and at the same time, sustain the performance of our phones.

7854jzi3.png

THIS IS A MODDED Kernel with Many fantastic features within, with custom vanilla codes coming in time by time. I am not responsible or credited for the kernel source codes whatsoever. I only modify the kernel to my needs and add more features not available from the base which will be beneficial to all of us. This Kernel is GPL Compliant and is fully Open Source. Please provide a CLEAR Credit should you use this Source as your base.

nq6ip6uo.png

The kernel is in its Nightlies. Await for more releases for more features.

Source Code Distribution

Github [CM] - Source

===============CHANGELOG=================

Base : CyanogenMod - CM10.1
    Maintainers : nicholaschw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Build 1
    - Initial Build
    - Initial Source rundowns
    - Minor Governor tweak and fixes
    - Toolchain tweaks

Build 2
    - Fix Zip

Bugs CM
    --------
    - All CM10.1 Kernel Bugs
    - zip still not working

-Credits-
    CyanogenMod, for providing AND fixing the source codes actively
    YOU, Readers, for providing me a place to allow you to give me suggestions
    Xonar, For assisting in many parts of the modifications
    cyclon, for introducing new modifications
    Google, For allowing me to identify whatever errors i face.
    Vork & Koush, For AnyKernel Flashable Zip
    benee for the zip fix
    The Other Githubers who I merged commits into source
    > XDA Community, Giving comments on whatevers best for implementations

ANY FLAMING OR CRITICISM WILL BE REPORTED.

ARM., Is not to be mistaken with ARM. ARM. Is not related to ARM Whatsoever in terms of name.(We use ARM for our processor, so we are related somehow :) by, the ARM architecture used in our phones.)
    Why would you. Its working perfect here with great battery life. My wifi is working its the best kernel ive flash on my s3 and i also have it on my nexus :(

Sent from my GT-I9300
    i'm sorry. I will drop support due to Andrei. He didnt trust me, didnt thoroughly investigated what happened in optimus black forums a few months ago, and told me to drop support. So, you need to find yourself a better kernel.

Guys, incase you didnt notice, i am discontinuing ARM. for my final major exams. I will be hard revising, so basically, i will go completely offline for the entire few months to come. Once this ends, i will head on for diploma and focus back here due to my course :) and, instead of slow builds, you get everyday builds after october :) and, i wish you a happy new year :) i will continue my dev only for you guys here for one last week :) i hope you will appreciate my final few releases!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone