[KERNEL][GPL][Revolution Kernel][JB/CM10][v1.5FIX][25.10.2012][NO A4 SUPPORT]

Search This thread

ooikaisheng529

Nov 22, 2011
Bukit Mertajam, Penang
Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

NO CM10 ALPHA 4 SUPPORT YET

Hi XDA members and fellow Galaxy SL users:

My name is Ooi Kai Sheng, and I'm a 8th grade student, and currently attending schools everyday. :) A little while ago, I started working on the current 2.6.35.7 kernel (Released by Samsung) for our device. As some of you know, our device doesn't have a fully stable CM9/10 yet due to the lack of some components such as DSSCOMP and ION in our kernel. Therefore, me and Adi_Pat(a.k.a Aditya Patange) have started the work of backporting them from the OMAPZOOM 3.0 kernel. Our current progress is at a state that we have to backport some parts related to memblock in order for the ION memory allocation functions to work.

THIS KERNEL IS BASED ON SAMSUNG & dhiru1602's GitHub Jellybean Source Code. So it is COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH SAMSUNG GALAXYSL (a.k.a. i9003) JB/CM10 Builds.

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

1. Download the file from below (via phone directly or to a PC).
2. Copy the downloaded zip file to somewhere in /sdcard.
3. Reboot into CWM Recovery.
4. On the selection menu, select "install zip from sdcard', followed by"choose zip from sdcard".
5. Navigate to the path where the file is stored.
6. Select the file, select yes in the confirmation screen.
7. Reboot your phone.

TO DOs:

Backport the ION memory allocation functions into current 2.6.35.7 kernel.

Changelog:

See 2nd Post.

Features:

See 2nd Post.

For Kernel Devs/ KANGers/ Developers etc:
Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is of course covered under GPL version 2. Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. I have donated a large sum of my free time to this kernel. If you want to include my kernel in your project or use my source code, please mention it in your post, give proper credits and a link to this thread. Also, please send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source. Thank you.

Kernel Source Code:
The source code for my kernel can be found here: https://github.com/ooiks529/android_kernel_samsung_latona/

Special Thanks to:
dhiru1602
CM10 Thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1868074
codeworkx
Adi_Pat
waleedq
XDA_BAM
And others who have helped me in the kernel development.

Last edited:

ooikaisheng529

Nov 22, 2011
Bukit Mertajam, Penang
Features:
OC to 1300Mhz.
Some additional governors added.
ION from 3.0 kernel (Work in progress)
Memblock from 3.0 kernel (Work in progress)
Built using GCC 4.4.3 toolchain from official CyanogenMod repo.

Screenshots:
screenshot2012100310321.png
screenshot2012102517483.png

screenshot2012100310333.png
screenshot2012100310334.png

Changelog:
Code:
[v1.5FIX] Removed the framebuffer console to avoid graphical glitches throughout the OS.
[v1.5] Added the framebuffer console for debugging purposes.
[v1.5] CPU doesn't bump up to 1000MHz as minimum when WiFi is turned on.
[v1.4] Kernel now boots at 1000MHz Max by default.
[v1.4] Added 1300MHz Overclock for testing.(6th OPP)
[v1.3] Fixed battery drain problem.
[v1.3] Reverted Samsung Sync Bug Fix and using XDA_BAM's sync bug fix instead.
[v1.3] Updated kernel to be compatible with CM10 Alpha 2.
[v1.2] Fixed a problem faced by some users which have their device randomly reboots and faces SOD.
[v1.2] Increased voltages (~3%) to match the stock kernel voltages.
[v1] Included Memblock from omapzoom kernel for future use (allocating memory for ION on startup).
[v1] Included ION from omapzoom kernel and registered sysfs entries on startup.
[v1] Initial release.

Bugs:
None as of now.

To Moderators:
Ignore the 3rd post down here.

To All Community Members:
In order to keep the thread clean, please use the Thanks button instead of posting thank you in the thread. Thanks for keeping the thread clean and noob-free. And please, no ETA requests please.

Last edited:

sakindia123

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Noida
Last edited:
Reactions: crazbanditz

.Harshit

Oct 29, 2010
Thank you for coming up with this.

If iam not wrong this is the first custom kernel compatible with JB builds for SGSL.

A request: Please post the original kernel Tar file. If any one wants to shift back to normal kernel so they can.

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
Nice. No obligations but can I request you to make a version that's compatible with MIUI since the MIUI I linked is based on Dhiru's CM10 Alpha 1? Tried flashing this on the latest MIUI but I got a bootloop.

Last edited:

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Thank you for coming up with this.

If iam not wrong this is the first custom kernel compatible with JB builds for SGSL.

A request: Please post the original kernel Tar file. If any one wants to shift back to normal kernel so they can.

You can take a nandroid backup so you can go back to CM10 original kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Sonoo

HW Composer

Sorry if you take this as a noob question, but does this kernel include the experimental HW composer features that dhiru introduced in the experimental alpha 12 of cm9? Some people reported them as working. Also could you please list all the governors that you have included in this kernel.
Thanks.

Last edited:

thejacko

Aug 25, 2010
Fulda
thanks for the kernel, good work,
it is smooth and can feel the the difference of speed,
but device gets too hot I had to get back to 1ghz

.Harshit

Oct 29, 2010
Please do add more governors to the kernel base like smartassv2 and lionheart.

Being using it for past couple of hours phone feels smooth, everything works fine too.

jan3586

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for this great effort! could you add Dhiru's default kernel in case we want to go back? thanks :good:

LoLaTiOn

Feb 2, 2012
Tours
but I see a new kernel
ho my god! it's party here

00316606.jpg

consume this small jelly moderation MouHaHa ?§!

I thank you test
is good because I have a lot of custom rom nexus of a port

I feel that the wheel turns for our i9003
it was time

shail139

Feb 19, 2012
Kolkata
Features:
OC to 1200Mhz.
ION from 3.0 kernel(Work in progress)
Memblock from 3.0 kernel(Work in progress)
Built using gcc 4.4.3 toolchain from official CyanogenMod repo.

Changelog:
[v1] Initial release

To Moderators:

Correct me If I am wrong..... I dont see any additional Governor other than conservative, ondemand, userspace & performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

NO CM10 ALPHA 4 SUPPORT YET

Hi XDA members and fellow Galaxy SL users:

My name is Ooi Kai Sheng, and I'm a 8th grade student, and currently attending schools everyday. :) A little while ago, I started working on the current 2.6.35.7 kernel (Released by Samsung) for our device. As some of you know, our device doesn't have a fully stable CM9/10 yet due to the lack of some components such as DSSCOMP and ION in our kernel. Therefore, me and Adi_Pat(a.k.a Aditya Patange) have started the work of backporting them from the OMAPZOOM 3.0 kernel. Our current progress is at a state that we have to backport some parts related to memblock in order for the ION memory allocation functions to work.

THIS KERNEL IS BASED ON SAMSUNG & dhiru1602's GitHub Jellybean Source Code. So it is COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH SAMSUNG GALAXYSL (a.k.a. i9003) JB/CM10 Builds.

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

1. Download the file from below (via phone directly or to a PC).
    2. Copy the downloaded zip file to somewhere in /sdcard.
    3. Reboot into CWM Recovery.
    4. On the selection menu, select "install zip from sdcard', followed by"choose zip from sdcard".
    5. Navigate to the path where the file is stored.
    6. Select the file, select yes in the confirmation screen.
    7. Reboot your phone.

TO DOs:

Backport the ION memory allocation functions into current 2.6.35.7 kernel.

Changelog:

See 2nd Post.

Features:

See 2nd Post.

For Kernel Devs/ KANGers/ Developers etc:
    Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is of course covered under GPL version 2. Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. I have donated a large sum of my free time to this kernel. If you want to include my kernel in your project or use my source code, please mention it in your post, give proper credits and a link to this thread. Also, please send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source. Thank you.

Kernel Source Code:
    The source code for my kernel can be found here: https://github.com/ooiks529/android_kernel_samsung_latona/

Special Thanks to:
    dhiru1602
    CM10 Thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1868074
    codeworkx
    Adi_Pat
    waleedq
    XDA_BAM
    And others who have helped me in the kernel development.
    Features:
    OC to 1300Mhz.
    ION from 3.0 kernel (Work in progress)
    Memblock from 3.0 kernel (Work in progress)
    Built using GCC 4.4.3 toolchain from official CyanogenMod repo.

Screenshots:
    screenshot2012100310321.png
    screenshot2012102517483.png

screenshot2012100310333.png
    screenshot2012100310334.png

Changelog:
    Code:
    [v1.5FIX] Removed the framebuffer console to avoid graphical glitches throughout the OS.
    [v1.5] Added the framebuffer console for debugging purposes.
    [v1.5] CPU doesn't bump up to 1000MHz as minimum when WiFi is turned on.
    [v1.4] Kernel now boots at 1000MHz Max by default.
    [v1.4] Added 1300MHz Overclock for testing.(6th OPP)
    [v1.3] Fixed battery drain problem.
    [v1.3] Reverted Samsung Sync Bug Fix and using XDA_BAM's sync bug fix instead.
    [v1.3] Updated kernel to be compatible with CM10 Alpha 2.
    [v1.2] Fixed a problem faced by some users which have their device randomly reboots and faces SOD.
    [v1.2] Increased voltages (~3%) to match the stock kernel voltages.
    [v1] Included Memblock from omapzoom kernel for future use (allocating memory for ION on startup).
    [v1] Included ION from omapzoom kernel and registered sysfs entries on startup.
    [v1] Initial release.

Bugs:
    None as of now.

To Moderators:

To All Community Members:
    In order to keep the thread clean, please use the Thanks button instead of posting thank you in the thread. Thanks for keeping the thread clean and noob-free. And please, no ETA requests please.
    Guys, I added another OPP,which overclocks the CPU to 1300MHz. Also, I've made the kernel to boot at 1000MHz by default. This should ensure those who have a phone which can't support 1300MHz can boot into the kernel successfully. But for safety reasons, I've left the v1.3 kernel on the OP so that you guys can revert to it easily. Thanks to everyone for using my work. :fingers-crossed:
    The much anticipated (and final) update is coming soon, and after this, I'm going to help adi and dhiru to work on the 3.0 kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app
    Guys, I've patched the kernel using XDA_BAM's code and now WiFi won't bump the CPU frequency up to 1000MHz now. I've also added a debugging console into the kernel for kernel debugging purposes. The new kernel is now available in the OP. Thanks everyone for your support! :laugh: