Deleted member 4736004
/* * You may void your warranty. * I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about this kernel. * YOU are choosing to make these modifications to your device. * I absolutely disclaim all the responsibilities. [COLOR="Red"] * Flashing kernel requires unlocked bootloader. [/COLOR] * You can unlock your bootloader from [URL="http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][U]here[/U][/COLOR][/URL]. */
Features ( May slightly differ for JB and ICS kernel ) :-
* Based on Latest Official sources * Compiled using Linaro 4.8 Toolchain * Integrated CWM and TWRP Touch * init.d support * Google Snappy drivers * ZRAM and SWAP support * CleanCache * Autoroot * Ext 2/3/4 Support * persistent adb * ARM_THUMBEE support * /rootfs and /system mounted as rw * Added frandom * Salvaged RAM * Tiny RCU * Added CIFS, NTFS, FUSE and TUN as external modules * ro.secure=0 : Root exploit enabled via adb * Removed debugging s**ts * Governors : InteractiveX OndemandX Performance Ondemand Interactive Powersave Conservative Smartass2 minmax * IO Shedulers : sio deadline noop cfq VR row ZEN * [COLOR="Red"]See change log or commits for detailed info.[/COLOR] [/B]
[COLOR="Purple"]Root Binary[/COLOR] : ( Flashable via recovery ) * SuperSU : [URL="http://download.chainfire.eu/204/SuperSU/"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL] * Superuser : [URL="http://androidsu.com/superuser/"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR="Purple"]Instructions[/COLOR] : * Flash the boot partition with the kernel in fastboot mode. * Guide : [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1879982"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Here[/U][/COLOR][/URL]
FXP : for helping me with repacking into elf
srl3gx : For his CWM
Team WIN : For their TWRP recovery
All brave testers: Special thanks to julesone
1. Is this working on blah blah?
> I don't know. Do some research. Keep the disclaimer in mind.
2. OMG! My device rebooted/crashed/exploded?
> Get me the logcat.
3. Battery drains like hell. WTF?
> Not kernel problem. It's your apps that are waking up device from deep sleep. Check the wakelocks. I don't build kernels to worsen battery life. See here for more info.
4. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel?
> Again. Not the kernel problem. Check if you have latest ( and proper ) baseband for your device.
5. Will it root my device ?
> Yes! It will automatically root your device with latest su.
6. App FC's or something crashes?
> Try reinstalling app again. Give me logcat if problem persists.
7. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
> Do some research. Check thread, repo, commits etc.
8. Which governors/IO-schedulers to use?
> Depends on your usage. I recommend ondemandX + SIO. See here for more info.
9. I need more info on something?
> You can find all answers here
Last edited by a moderator: