[KERNEL][GPU OC] SmurfKernel 1.1.0 [OOS 10/CUSTOM UNIFIED]

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
3 Franco Kernel Manager profiles for most usecases. Balanced / Battery / Performance (default) / Gaming.
After flash the kernel, I need to install Franco Kernel Manager to select profiles, correct?

Also I can use Franco Kernel Manager to backup stock kernel, right? Never used Franco before, just want to double check.

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
Yes correct
I flashed Kernel and Magisk with no issue. When i was flashing Kernel again, the screen turn black. Restarted the phone and got into Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. I was able to use power + vol up to reboot the phone. I check the Kernel now is SmurfKernel. I think I should be good. Should I worry about the Qualcomm Crashdump mode happened? Anything else I should check? Thanks.

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
I flashed Kernel and Magisk with no issue. When i was flashing Kernel again, the screen turn black. Restarted the phone and got into Qualcomm Crashdump Mode. I was able to use power + vol up to reboot the phone. I check the Kernel now is SmurfKernel. I think I should be good. Should I worry about the Qualcomm Crashdump mode happened? Anything else I should check? Thanks.
I would think if it is running now, with Smurf as the kernel you should be ok. If it starts acting up you can always restore stock kernel if you have a backup. Or reflash the stock boot image.

Reactions: zrzhu

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
I would think if it is running now, with Smurf as the kernel you should be ok. If it starts acting up you can always restore stock kernel if you have a backup. Or reflash the stock boot image.
Thanks. I backed up the stock kernel with Franco. I should be able to use TWRP to restore the stock backup made with Franco, correct?

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
Just want to share my experience here for others. I can't turn on WiFi from Quick setting some time and had to restart phone in order to do it. I believe when I first flash Smurf and it wasn't completed.

I just reflashed the Kernel again. Now I can see Smurfmagisk addon 1.0 in Magisk and Smurf Config Editor by tanish2k09. i didn't see this after the first flash.

Last edited: