[KERNEL]Handelinkernel for OnePlus 8T v1.2[OOS][11][OP8T][Wireguard]

Search This thread

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
Introducing Handelinkernel for OnePlus 8T!

My goal was to have a pretty close to stock kernel with only minor optimizations (like reduce logging) and only wireguard support.
I made the kernel pretty much for myself but feel free to download it since I decided to share it with you guys.
Its a kernel without any bling bling or fuss. Just like OnePlus meant it for you.

My time is very limited so my support here for kernel might be delayed.

Kernel features:
  • CAF wifi driver (broken wifi in oneplus kernel tree)
  • UPSTREAM: wireguard
  • UPSTREAM: cryptos
  • Removed excessive debugging by default to save cpu cycles
  • Boeffla Wakelock Blocker v1.1.0 with flar2 mods to not block anything by default
  • Magisk v21.4 in magisk version
Changelog:

v1.2
  • Reduced more kernel debugging (especially with camera)
  • Stabilized release
v1.1
  • Force USB-fast charge with all chargers
  • Lesser haptic feedback
  • Kernel localversion now indicates handelinkernel
v0.9
  • Code reorganizing
  • Prepare for stable release
  • Wireguard: full commit stack update from upstream
v0.3
  • Removed excessive debugging
  • Little optimizations
  • Built with clang 12.0.2
v0.2
  • Reverted wireguard
v0.1
  • Initial version
  • Boots up with QCACLD 3.0 WIFI
  • Wireguard support

!! Only for OnePlus 8T / OxygenOS / Android 11 !!
(May support OnePlus 8 and 8 pro but never tested.)

Flashing:

Flash like any other kernel image (boot.img) with FKM etc. kernel software or with fastboot.

Download:

https://github.com/drgreenth/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250/releases/tag/v1.2

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
Welcome and thank you for being willing to share your work with us.
I have two questions.

- 1. if i flash the kernal, am i allowed to update magisk? (I took the kernal "handelinkernel_v12_magisk.img") or after the magisk update I have my normal kernal again?
- 2. can you explain to me what the Wireguard support is about? How can I use Wireguard afterwards?

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
I have two questions.

- 1. if i flash the kernal, am i allowed to update magisk? (I took the kernal "handelinkernel_v12_magisk.img") or after the magisk update I have my normal kernal again?
- 2. can you explain to me what the Wireguard support is about? How can I use Wireguard afterwards?

Thanks!

1. If you flash magisk version you dont need to install magisk anymore, its included in the kernel. No magisk version is pure kernel without magisk.

2. Wireguard is very lightweight but also very strong modern VPN service. Its included in the kernel because then we can run those tunnels within kernel space rather than normal VPN tunnels in user space. It saves battery a LOT.

You can find more information about wireguard from their official website.

Reactions: xpakage and Ramme

anooragv

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks!

1. If you flash magisk version you dont need to install magisk anymore, its included in the kernel. No magisk version is pure kernel without magisk.

2. Wireguard is very lightweight but also very strong modern VPN service. Its included in the kernel because then we can run those tunnels within kernel space rather than normal VPN tunnels in user space. It saves battery a LOT.

Does it work with the latest version 11.7.9 global update ?

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
I have flashed the Magisk variant, unfortunately Wireguard VPN does not work. I tested bluspark and other Kernal, there is no problem to use Wireguard VPN.
To the nonmagik variant I can not say anything, this I have not tested.

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got the boot from OB1 & OB2, both of them work with latest official OTA but the start is slower than the official OTA Boot.
I am sure in the Beta boot One+ has added plenty of logs to track stuff.
Are you able to look at this and maybe remove all the craps out of them.
I have posted OB1 boot / magisked and OB2 boot/ magisked.
Otherwise those OB boot seem very responsive and make a very good feeling !

@tohtorin

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny30bass

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
Got the boot from OB1 & OB2, both of them work with latest official OTA but the start is slower than the official OTA Boot.

@tohtorin

Weird. OnePlus has not changed the kernel for a long time for OP8T. So latest OTA kernel is exact same kernel than previous ones.

Should I try to boot your images?

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
I have flashed the Magisk variant, unfortunately Wireguard VPN does not work. I tested bluspark and other Kernal, there is no problem to use Wireguard VPN.
To the nonmagik variant I can not say anything, this I have not tested.

Can you please provide me your kernel dmesg logs? What does wireguard client say? Are you using wireguard kernel space driver?

Sinterion

May 24, 2014
Thank you for the kernel. I was hoping someone would build a stock kernel with minor enhancements. Do you know if the kernel changed in the latest Global 11.0.8.11.KB05AA build? Trying not to have another reboot party like I just did with Clean Kernel. Lol
There are no changes yet, I just updated my phone this morning and reinstalled the same kernel I was using before without issue.

Reactions: jal3223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for the kernel. I was hoping someone would build a stock kernel with minor enhancements. Do you know if the kernel changed in the latest Global 11.0.8.11.KB05AA build? Trying not to have another reboot party like I just did with Clean Kernel. Lol
    There are no changes yet, I just updated my phone this morning and reinstalled the same kernel I was using before without issue.
    Introducing Handelinkernel for OnePlus 8T!

My goal was to have a pretty close to stock kernel with only minor optimizations (like reduce logging) and only wireguard support.
    I made the kernel pretty much for myself but feel free to download it since I decided to share it with you guys.
    Its a kernel without any bling bling or fuss. Just like OnePlus meant it for you.

My time is very limited so my support here for kernel might be delayed.

Kernel features:
    • CAF wifi driver (broken wifi in oneplus kernel tree)
    • Removed excessive debugging by default to save cpu cycles
    • Boeffla Wakelock Blocker v1.1.0 with flar2 mods to not block anything by default
    • Magisk v21.4 in magisk version
    Changelog:

v1.2
    • Reduced more kernel debugging (especially with camera)
    • Stabilized release
    v1.1
    • Force USB-fast charge with all chargers
    • Lesser haptic feedback
    • Kernel localversion now indicates handelinkernel
    v0.9
    • Code reorganizing
    • Prepare for stable release
    • Wireguard: full commit stack update from upstream
    v0.3
    • Removed excessive debugging
    • Little optimizations
    • Built with clang 12.0.2
    v0.2
    • Reverted wireguard
    v0.1
    • Initial version
    • Boots up with QCACLD 3.0 WIFI
    • Wireguard support

!! Only for OnePlus 8T / OxygenOS / Android 11 !!
    (May support OnePlus 8 and 8 pro but never tested.)

Flashing:

Flash like any other kernel image (boot.img) with FKM etc. kernel software or with fastboot.

Download:

https://github.com/drgreenth/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250/releases/tag/v1.2
    I have two questions.

Thanks!

@tohtorin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone