[KERNEL] [HAVS] [FM] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #7/#2 2.6.35-rcx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kingklick

Jun 23, 2009
Just read through the first few pages, a little confused, hopefully someone can help me out understanding this.

I saw somewhere in there saying that this is compatible with any ROM? Does this work with CM6 RC2? If so does it break the 720p video? Also FM support would require some sort of app I assume, so where would one grab the app for CM6 (rc2 still :p)?

it will break 720p as of now

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
Just wanted to say I've enjoyed using your Desire ports and now I'm testing this one out as we speak and it's very smooth. Good work King and thank you!

superg81

Sep 27, 2009
franklin kentucky
www.ghconline.net
if you read post 57 i believe he said he read it but didnt quite understand it.seems he did his homework.i believe thats why most kernels are now flashable in recovery so everyone can test and enjoy.
all im try to get across is that the dev can make his kernals so everyone that wants can flash and enjoy as much as they want.
Just a suggestion:
Anybody who doesn't know how to use fastboot, who hasn't thought to search for instructions posted over and over throughout XDA, or who is too lazy to google:
well, you probably shouldn't be flashing kernels anyways.
oh ya,
good luck with that.

kingklick

Jun 23, 2009
if you read post 57 i believe he said he read it but didnt quite understand it.seems he did his homework.i believe thats why most kernels are now flashable in recovery so everyone can test and enjoy.
all im try to get across is that the dev can make his kernals so everyone that wants can flash and enjoy as much as they want.

I'll most likely make it into a flashable .zip

kingklick

Jun 23, 2009
No problem

Just made a few nice commits so I will be updating this tomorrow most likely

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
For anyone not sure how to use ADB & Fastboot - ADB GUI (in my signature) might be of some assistance to you.

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
It says in post #7 that it'll work with ANY ROM, so which is it? Just Sense or all ROMs?

The kernel itself DOES work fine with ANY ROM, it's just that the FM support requires code only present in the SenseUI. The kernel will run fine on a ROM without SenseUI and as there's no FM app anyway, you won't notice the difference. Just use the BlueTooth version.

kingklick

Jun 23, 2009
The kernel itself DOES work fine with ANY ROM, it's just that the FM support requires code only present in the SenseUI. The kernel will run fine on a ROM without SenseUI and as there's no FM app anyway, you won't notice the difference. Just use the BlueTooth version.

thanks for helping with support =)

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
The Android kernel which is present in EVERY single ROM is an ever-growing community project. Android devs from all around the world have put their hard work into an open source project simply in an attempt to make the Android project better as a whole. While I am sure that all of these Android devs made these contributions to the kernels as a result of things that they wanted or needed to see develop within Android, they made their work available to ALL of us so that we could ALL benefit from their talents.

That being said, the Linux kernel is released under what is called the GNU GPL. (General Public License)
Basically this license allows for the Android kernel to be freely used and modified under the condition that the source of the kernel be released to the public. This "release" can be handled two ways, by either providing a direct link to the source where it can be downloaded, modified and reused under the GNU GPL, or by a written statement that offers the to provide the kernel source to anyone whom requests it. While I realize that I have only outlined a small portion of the GNU GPL, the bottom line here is that the COMPLETE and WORKING kernel source that was MODIFIED by anyone MUST be provided to the community, for any version of publicly released software.

You can find the full text of the GNU GPL licence here:

Link this to the source code or it'll stay locked.......

Links removed

Status
Not open for further replies.