Question [KERNEL] Help me build a custom kernel for this messed up phone !

Search This thread

kilam9900

Jul 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
Hi xda community, I'm here to call for help. This phone is infernal to mod, it rejects kernels, there is no custom rom, building recovery is the "easiest" thing to do (it took me at least 5 hours) but today after hours and hours trying and googling, i cant make it alone but togheter it can work, i'am calling help for building a custom kernel, any help is accepted, if anyone wants to help direct source fork and pull request after changes to this github repo: https://github.com/malikh0206/kernel-test-a32 but you can also help in the thread. I explain the situation here:

-The build crashes "randomly" (I think I can fix it, but I really dont know) FIXED ! I just had to add "apt install xz-utils" in the entrypoint.sh

-We need to mod it (I can mod a little bit but after i dont know)

-The phone rejects all self-built kernel (I really need help for that). edit: OH MA GAD THANK YOU SO MUCH @Captain_cookie_200 for fixing this, now it's working and I can disable SElinux (Im gonna attach the file just flash it) It's a very big step, yesssssss so happy it's been weeks and weeks. We can say this is a first release.

I will make updates after time. Thank you very much if you can help me, hoping it works.

The kernel can be better but I think it can be in a few time a real custom kernel, so I think I will convert the thread, but it will in constant developement.
Screenshot_20221217-012529_riceDroid Settings.pngScreenshot_20221217-012407_Settings.png

Last edited:

uluruman

Oct 23, 2021
Why the custom kernel? The stock one does not work correctly or you need more horsepower? As of that there is no custom ROM you can actually make one yourself using this thing.

kilam9900

Jul 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
Why the custom kernel? The stock one does not work correctly or you need more horsepower? As of that there is no custom ROM you can actually make one yourself using this thing.
I want to make a custom kernel because some peoples ask for it (permissive mode, etc) and making a custom from scratch (only for SM-A325F) but just pack a GSI on a super.img is a little bit useless when you can use TWRP for like any GSI

someone actually built a kernel for this phone. i am daily driving it on android 11 fw with android 13 gsi. It broke on android 13 firmware and i expirienced a bootloop on gsi. Also i noticed something. try to flash something on top like a gsi. Even tho the logs said it booted completely my phone remained on the boot screen. flashing a gsi fixed it!

someone actually built a kernel for this phone. i am daily driving it on android 11 fw with android 13 gsi. It broke on android 13 firmware and i expirienced a bootloop on gsi. Also i noticed something. try to flash something on top like a gsi. Even tho the logs said it booted completely my phone remained on the boot screen. flashing a gsi fixed it!
I requested samsung to release source for the latest android 11 firmware for this phone and they did so! the kernel i am using was compiled with that source. you can go to samsung opensource and maybe use that.

kilam9900

Jul 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
I requested samsung to release source for the latest android 11 firmware for this phone and they did so! the kernel i am using was compiled with that source. you can go to samsung opensource and maybe use that.

Thank you, that's good info, I was already using the open source Samsung SWA kernel, i gonna try to flash GSI on top and who or where did you get the kernel (compiled) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Merci, c'est de bonne info, juttilisais deja le kernel SWA de open source Samsung, i gonna try to flash GSI on top and who or where did you get the kernel (compiled) ?
someone did it for me. and used anykernel to flash it. samsung also released the sources for A325FXXU2AVB6 after me begging them. You could try building it from that. it worked fine on android 11 firmware. although it refuses to boot on android 13. android 12 kernels still work but i still requested samsung to release sources for android 13 as well.

1671003287123.png

kilam9900

Jul 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
someone did it for me. and used anykernel to flash it. samsung also released the sources for A325FXXU2AVB6 after me begging them. You could try building it from that. it worked fine on android 11 firmware. although it refuses to boot on android 13. android 12 kernels still work but i still requested samsung to release sources for android 13 as well.

View attachment 5784869
Ohh I didnt see that, i will try Rn

Dec 18, 2022
Hi xda community, I'm here to call for help. This phone is infernal to mod, it rejects kernels, there is no custom rom, building recovery is the "easiest" thing to do (it took me at least 5 hours) but today after hours and hours trying and googling, i cant make it alone but togheter it can work, i'am calling help for building a custom kernel, any help is accepted, if anyone wants to help direct source fork and pull request after changes to this github repo: github.com/malikh0206/kernel-test-a32 but you can also help in the thread. I explain the situation here:

-The build crashes "randomly" (I think I can fix it, but I really dont know) FIXED ! I just had to add "apt install xz-utils" in the entrypoint.sh

-The phone rejects all self-built kernel (I really need help for that). edit: OH MA GAD THANK YOU SO MUCH @Captain_cookie_200 for fixing this, now it's working and I can disable SElinux (Im gonna attach the file just flash it) It's a very big step, yesssssss so happy it's been weeks and weeks. We can say this is a first release.

I will make updates after time. Thank you very much if you can help me, hoping it works.

The kernel can be better but I think it can be in a few time a real custom kernel, so I think I will convert the thread, but it will in constant developement.
View attachment 5786767View attachment 5786769
Hey kilam,
I have been scouring the internet for a long time to find a custom kernal for my A325F/DS with external ralink wifi adapter drivers. But could not find a trace. Can you help me build one. I can help you with your project.

kilam9900

Jul 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
Hey kilam,
I have been scouring the internet for a long time to find a custom kernal for my A325F/DS with external ralink wifi adapter drivers. But could not find a trace. Can you help me build one. I can help you with your project.
Of course I will help you !, there is a github for the driver? prebuilt .ko module, or other methode to implement it to the kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda community, I'm here to call for help. This phone is infernal to mod, it rejects kernels, there is no custom rom, building recovery is the "easiest" thing to do (it took me at least 5 hours) but today after hours and hours trying and googling, i cant make it alone but togheter it can work, i'am calling help for building a custom kernel, any help is accepted, if anyone wants to help direct source fork and pull request after changes to this github repo: https://github.com/malikh0206/kernel-test-a32 but you can also help in the thread. I explain the situation here:

Screenshot_20221217-012529_riceDroid Settings.pngScreenshot_20221217-012407_Settings.png
    Features :

- SElinux permissive now possible
    - Interactive CPU gouvernor
    - KVM (need testing)
    - Disable kernel panic?

Release on github !

(One sentence: We need a name, don't hesitate to put an idea)
    Just passing by, hoping for the best!
    Okay, I think linux driver can be on android (obvious its linux too) but android want kernels modules to be signed, and I will search if modules need to be in the kernel (in the driver folder) or in .ko on the system
    I will do all that in 2 hours sorry I put water on my laptop, it needs to dry