[KERNEL][I9100G][2.3.5]MyGKernel - CWM5, Root, CIFS

Search This thread

aidfarh

Sep 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, this is my first compiled kernel for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G. Compiled from Samsung's latest source code. Compatible with DZKI1 firmware.

No mods or optimizations yet - I just added CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6 I pulled from another kernel.

Credits:
nunon4 - for pointing out link to rooted kernel here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18744675&postcount=85 - this was where I pulled the initramfs with recovery from
Unknown dev who created the above kernel
CLockworkmod developers

Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone, other properties or persons due to you using this kernel.

Everything seems to work for me, but I haven't fully tested it yet - please tell me if you have any problems.

Instructions:
1. Downloaded from the attached link.
2. Flash with Odin.

Changelog:
v0
  • Initial release - CWM5, Root
v1.1
  • added CIFS support - mount Windows shares using CifsManager from Market
  • removed debugging information from modules to reduce file sizes
v1.1.1
  • Bugfix - phone keeps booting into recovery in v1.1

Attachments

• MyGKernelV0_CWM5.tar
    7 MB · Views: 17,978
  • MyGKernelV1.1.1_CWM5.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 47,694
Last edited:

jlieu

Jun 28, 2010
Seoul
You are a MAN!! Great job!!! looking forward for optimization. :)
Since it have CWM5, The custom ROM will follow now.

Last edited:

serge327

Jan 3, 2011
Hi, this is my first compiled kernel for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G. Compiled from Samsung's latest source code. Compatible with DZKI1 firmware.

No mods or optimizations yet - I just added CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6 I pulled from another kernel.

Credits:
nunon4 - for pointing out link to rooted kernel here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18744675&postcount=85 - this was where I pulled the initramfs with recovery from
CLockworkmod developers

Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone, other properties or persons due to you using this kernel.

Everything seems to work for me, but I haven't fully tested it yet - please tell me if you have any problems.

Instructions:
2. Flash with Odin.
thank for the Kernel... can this kernel overclock?

bcky84

Jan 12, 2008
Any chance of tweaking the charge rate in this kernel to allow the use of higher output chargers like the ipad charger that outputs 3 times the current of the stock one? The stock charge rate is locked to 650ma which is close to the output of the stock charger that came with the phone, regardless of which ac charger you use. Don't even mention the charge rate when plugged into a usb port.

my biggest gripe so far with this otherwise excellent phone.

Jacking up the limit to around 3000ma on both ac and usb, and letting the phone draw the maximum current that the adapter can supply would really speed things up.

Last edited:

aidfarh

Sep 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Any chance of tweaking the charge rate in this kernel to allow the use of higher output chargers like the ipad charger that outputs 3 times the current of the stock one? The stock charge rate is locked to 650ma which is close to the output of the stock charger that came with the phone, regardless of which ac charger you use. Don't even mention the charge rate when plugged into a usb port.

my biggest gripe so far with this otherwise excellent phone.

Jacking up the limit to around 3000ma on both ac and usb, and letting the phone draw the maximum current that the adapter can supply would really speed things up.
Do you have an idea on how to go about doing that? I'm actually a novice in this modding business, so I can't really do any original mods, but I can try to incorporate mods that others have done, providing that instructions are provided.

Having said that, I'm actually reluctant to attempt mods that tamper with voltage or current settings like what you're proposing. Maybe there's a good reason Samsung has limited the charging current. I don't want to fry my phone.

For now, I'm looking at mods that improve functionality, like BLN or CIFS. Maybe some overclocking of the CPU/GPU at later stage once I have more understanding of the platform.

jlieu

Jun 28, 2010
Seoul
root your phone first, then install kernel flasher, then flash original kernel, and finally install this kernel via kernel flasher and you will won't see the triangle anymore.

lockmunk

Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
OnePlus 9
root your phone first, then install kernel flasher, then flash original kernel, and finally install this kernel via kernel flasher and you will won't see the triangle anymore.

i am new to android..can u teach me step by step?i dont understand this "install kernel flasher, then flash original kernel, and finally install this kernel via kernel flasher"

mdrizal

Dec 24, 2010
i just installing miui rom.. but somehow.. my phone brick..

but is ok since i backup my current rom..

can anybody test flashing miui rom with this kernel?

keatsan

Jan 14, 2010
So far so good. I'll keep monitoring for any bugs.

Good job for the Kernel too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Credits:
    CLockworkmod developers

Disclaimer:

Instructions:
    2. Flash with Odin.

Changelog:
    v0
    • Initial release - CWM5, Root
    v1.1
    • added CIFS support - mount Windows shares using CifsManager from Market
    • removed debugging information from modules to reduce file sizes
    v1.1.1
    • Bugfix - phone keeps booting into recovery in v1.1
    I added CIFS support. Now you can use CifsManager or similar app to mount Windows shares. See first post.
    Piece of advice: Use your rooted kernel to get a stock system dump, and then root that so you can pull a stock unmodified kernel from someone who has not yet flashed a modified kernel.

If you want info on creating a prerooted system image, PM me - I'm the guy who pulled the SGH-I777's stock kernel image back when the AT&T GS2 launched.
    I use usb jig to reset counter and remove the yellow triangle.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA App

Having a stock unmodified kernel available is a VERY good idea for the purposes of having a "known good stock" initramfs, even if there are other ways to get rid of the triangle than flashing a stock kernel.