Join KudKernel's Hangouts group for tests builds and previews before every new release.
Click here to join.
NOTE: Thread as per v4.1 and may or may not available on last build.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Built using I9500XXUHPB3 kernel source
- [TW] Built using modified I9500UBUHPG1 ramdisk
- [CM] Using AnyKernel2 template for unified support
- Compiled using Hyper Toolchain 6.1.x, SaberMod with Uber dependencies
- Using -Ofast flag for speed
- Full ARM and VFPv4 optimizations
- Updated OSRC to version 3.4.5 (proper implementation)
- XZ kernel compression
- [TW] GZIP ramdisk compression
- Included Stericson's latest BusyBox 1.24.2
- [TW] SELinux is forced permissive
- [CM] SELinux disabled
- A7 frequencies unlocked
- Kernel debloated from useless features
- Optimized and patched kernel source
- Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging (UKSM) support (default: Disabled)
- mDNIe screen, CPU voltage, and Wolfson sound control support
- Synapse support for screen and audio
- Using ARM-optimized SHA-1 and AES crypto routines
- HTC's Asynchronous File Sync (Async Fsync)
- Init.d support
- USB-OTG support
- CIFS, NFS support
- [CM] F2FS support
- L2TP, PPP support
- Selectable CPU governors:
ondemand (default), interactive, conservative, performance, alucard, darkness, intelliactive, lionheart, zzmoove
- Selectable I/O schedulers:
noop (default), row, cfq, deadline, bfq, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, zen
- Selectable TCP congestion algorithms:
westwood (default), cubic, bic, reno, htcp, highspeed, hybla, vegas, scalable, lp, veno, yeah, illinois
- Make sure you've the latest version of TWRP or GearCM Recovery.
- Reboot to Recovery mode by combination of Power+Home+Vol(+) buttons.
- Select Install from TWRP screen.
- Select KudKernel .zip file.
- Swipe Flash button.
- Finally wipe cache and dalvik. (optional)
- Reboot to system.
Known issuesDon't report issues that are already listed here.
- Kernel status changed from beta to experimental due to some unexpected behavior (continuous FCs, random reboots, etc.). Testers required to test every changes into kernel.
- Sometimes, CPU will only bump itself up to 1200-1400 MHz. A normal reboot would fix this.
- This kernel will negate any benchmarking app, since most debugging features have been disabled for best user experience.
More to know...
- Bug reports without good explanation or logs are ignored.
- Request for feature(s) that could break stability aren't accepted.
- You're not allowed to include my kernel as your work's default kernel. Instead, please include KudKernel Lite. (coming soon)
- Samsung OSRC Team
- UBER TOOLCHAINS, SaberMod Team
- Linaro Team
- CodeAurora Team
- @frap129 - Hyper Toolchains
- @osm0sis - AnyKernel2 template
- @VoLTaqe - Some help
KudKernel [i9500], Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S4
Source Code: https://github.com/krasCGQ/KudKernel-universal5410
Kernel Special Features: See above.
Status: No Longer Updated
Current Stable Version: v3.3
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-07
Current Beta Version: v5.0_b2
Beta Release Date: 2016-10-11
Last Updated 2016-11-07