• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][ICS][02-10-2012]SuperICS kernel v2.0.1 Beta

Search This thread

superatmos

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Bangalore
Hi all,

I present you superatmos kernel for ICS. Its built using ICS kernel sources released by samsung.

NOTE: *** WORKS ONLY ON SAMSUNG BASED ROMs. DOESN'T WORK ON AOSP BASED ROMs LIKE CM9 and MIUI. ***

DISCLAIMER: I don't bear any responsibility if you brick your device flashing this kernel. Flash it at your own risk.

Instructions for flashing:

1. Download the tar file from the link given below.
  2. Flash it using Odin.

Download Link:

BETA VERSIONS:

SuperICS Kernel v2.0.1 (Everything works except bluetooth. Almost stable release.)

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.3

STABLE VERSIONS:

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.2(Thanks to incarnation95 for testing)

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.1 (Thanks to yogisays09 for testing)​

Kernel Features:

• Built from ICS kernel source released by samsung
  • Clockwokmod Recovery 5.5.0.4(v1.0.2)
  • CWM Touch Recovery 5.8.1.5 (v1.0.3)
  • Added a lot of governors and I/O schedulers(letting users decide which combination is better for them)
  • Faster memory read and write operations
  • Misc tweaks for faster I/O access and battery saving
  • Completely CF-root compatible(CWMManager.apk auto install) (Credits and THANKS TO Chainfire.)
  • Disabled MMC_CAP_ERASE capability flag (Thanks and Credits to codeworkx)
  • efs partition backup(you can find the backup in /data/superatmos folder)
  • Custom bootanimation(copy bootanimation.zip to "/data/superatmos" folder and reboot) and Custom bootsound(copy "PowerOn.wav" to /data/superatmos folder and reboot). (superatmos folder can be seen now in /data once you flash the kernel)
  • init.d script support (put your boot scripts in /system/etc/init.d or /data/etc/init.d folder)
  • Additional modules support (copy your .ko files to /system/lib/modules or /data/lib/modules and reboot)
  • Custom boot scripts support (copy your custom boot scripts to /data/customboot.sh and reboot)
  • Improved kernel performance.
  • CIFS module added
  • FUSE and NTFS file systems integrated with kernel
  • VERY STABLE

Kernel Source: HERE

Credits: I would to like to say thanks and give credit to all people who directly or indirectly helped me technically to become what I am today. Special thanks to Chainfire and codeworkx. They are just awesome and great inspiration.​

Screenshots: (Courtesy: incarnation95)​

aboutphone.png
cwmappv102.png
antutuv102.png

Last edited:

superatmos

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Bangalore
SuperICS kernel v1.0 released

Hi all,

SuperICS kernel released. Check the OP.

Please test the kernel and reply the feedback/bugs here.

Also it will of great help if someone can provide screenshots of About Phone in settings and of CWM app.

Thanks to all my BETA testers. :)

philippsp

Sep 2, 2010
Hey, does this Kernel improve the 3D Performamce, that we can get as same fps as in CM 9?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100G mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I present you superatmos kernel for ICS. Its built using ICS kernel sources released by samsung.

NOTE: *** WORKS ONLY ON SAMSUNG BASED ROMs. DOESN'T WORK ON AOSP BASED ROMs LIKE CM9 and MIUI. ***

DISCLAIMER: I don't bear any responsibility if you brick your device flashing this kernel. Flash it at your own risk.

Instructions for flashing:

1. Download the tar file from the link given below.
    2. Flash it using Odin.

Download Link:

BETA VERSIONS:

SuperICS Kernel v2.0.1 (Everything works except bluetooth. Almost stable release.)

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.3

STABLE VERSIONS:

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.2(Thanks to incarnation95 for testing)

SuperICS Kernel v1.0.1 (Thanks to yogisays09 for testing)​

Kernel Features:

• Built from ICS kernel source released by samsung
    • Clockwokmod Recovery 5.5.0.4(v1.0.2)
    • CWM Touch Recovery 5.8.1.5 (v1.0.3)
    • Added a lot of governors and I/O schedulers(letting users decide which combination is better for them)
    • Faster memory read and write operations
    • Misc tweaks for faster I/O access and battery saving
    • Completely CF-root compatible(CWMManager.apk auto install) (Credits and THANKS TO Chainfire.)
    • Disabled MMC_CAP_ERASE capability flag (Thanks and Credits to codeworkx)
    • efs partition backup(you can find the backup in /data/superatmos folder)
    • Custom bootanimation(copy bootanimation.zip to "/data/superatmos" folder and reboot) and Custom bootsound(copy "PowerOn.wav" to /data/superatmos folder and reboot). (superatmos folder can be seen now in /data once you flash the kernel)
    • init.d script support (put your boot scripts in /system/etc/init.d or /data/etc/init.d folder)
    • Additional modules support (copy your .ko files to /system/lib/modules or /data/lib/modules and reboot)
    • Custom boot scripts support (copy your custom boot scripts to /data/customboot.sh and reboot)
    • Improved kernel performance.
    • CIFS module added
    • FUSE and NTFS file systems integrated with kernel
    • VERY STABLE

Kernel Source: HERE

Credits: I would to like to say thanks and give credit to all people who directly or indirectly helped me technically to become what I am today. Special thanks to Chainfire and codeworkx. They are just awesome and great inspiration.​

Screenshots: (Courtesy: incarnation95)​

aboutphone.png
    cwmappv102.png
    antutuv102.png
    Back from my busy work schedule and vacation after a long time. Let me see what I can do with SuperICS Kernel. :)
    SuperICS Kernel v2.0.1 (updated first post)

Updated to v2.0.1..

Everything works except bluetooth. Almost stable.

Bluetooth fix and many other features.. coming soon. :)

Use and let me know your feedback,
    Working on kernel update..
    Update

Since v1.0.2 is considered stable, I will try to make this kernel compatible with AOKP/CM9/MIUI as well as samsung ROMs with the next version so that everyone can run this kernel irrespective of the ROM they are using.

Hope it all goes well. :)