• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[KERNEL][ICS][11-04-12] AniDroid-Hardened (GS|FC|ALOC|Voodoo|HBIGM|BLN|BLD|TW|3.0.27)

y3mita

Dec 5, 2010
All App lags in current version of kernel are now GRsecurity related.
I'm working on fixing this kind of issues now.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
Would you please install airdroid app on your device and see why it doesn't work?

Unless you already know why

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

PIKO1982

Dec 29, 2008
Naples
I have tried all kernel, but this is the worst. This kernel (65) is full of lag, in any combination (governor / scheduler) that can be done.
I return to use the fantastic ICUP Speedy 7 (with PixelRom)

roshga

Sep 14, 2010
I have tried all kernel, but this is the worst. This kernel (65) is full of lag, in any combination (governor / scheduler) that can be done.
comments like that one are driving me mad.
Please tell me mr. piko, have you ever did something for the community? did you ever tried sharing your development with others? nah, lemme guess, It's just so much easier to complain and offend things that you got for FREE.
That's a really mature comment for a 30 years old man (considering that the 1982 means your birth year).

Let me advise you on how to make a helping and not a craping comment:
Hi,
Im getting lags with every governor/scheduler that I try to use.
Using beta7 (65fps version) with PixelRom
I tried to do blablablabla and the phone did blublublublu.

And this is an example of how to treat a human being who's trying to be nice and help you. With that said - @novic_dev, Thanks a lot for your hard time developing this kernel and listening to us whining about it, your work is much appreciated! :D

PIKO1982

Dec 29, 2008
Naples
Please tell me mr. piko, have you ever did something for the community? did you ever tried sharing your development with others? nah, lemme guess, It's just so much easier to complain and offend things that you got for FREE.
That's a really mature comment for a 30 years old man (considering that the 1982 means your birth year).

Hi,

And this is an example of how to treat a human being who's trying to be nice and help you. With that said - @novic_dev, Thanks a lot for your hard time developing this kernel and listening to us whining about it, your work is much appreciated! :D

I'm not disregarding your work but I'm just giving an evaluation of the kernel. For a long time I have been developer for nokia symbian. I am aware of the work that a developer should be. Try to understand the motivations of the criticisms that people make in order to improve your kernel

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Really? I only went back to M1 cuz it works better.

Hi,

I'm not disregarding your work but I'm just giving an evaluation of the kernel. For a long time I have been developer for nokia symbian. I am aware of the work that a developer should be. Try to understand the motivations of the criticisms that people make in order to improve your kernel
Seriously, stop the **** before you do.

@roshga, its up to him to comment in a good or bad way, anyway, novic will ignore it (cuz devs doesnt have time to view comments unless its necessary)

@PIKO1982 I've been there before for Sony Ericsson Satio, but please... Do some testing and sastified yourself. M1 axed it. Novic and the others has tried their best to made this kernel fast, smooth like a Quad-Core phone.

Morfic's, Novic's, r_data's, steve.garon's and Mathkid's kernel are monster. But, the others, tried, but they not improving it as they are busy themselves...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

roshga

Sep 14, 2010
Dude... I'm not the kernel's dev... read the names man..

Just saying - There's a way to give a criticism. saying "this is crap" is not a good way of doing so.
anyways, not gonna spoil this thread with an argument, that's my last comment on this topic and as an answer to you and what I see as user's rudeness.

WarByte

Jul 1, 2009
Atlantis
Tried to stay quiet but I just can't. Criticism? Okay, it is the worst? How come? Is it slow? Is it unstable? under what scenarios? What rom? Overclocked or underclocked? Multitasking? That along with some personal ideas or thoughts could be called criticism.

You are free to say whatever the heck you want but I find it hard to believe you are a developer when you say things like that. Okay, developer mind: Good base, "hardened", GRSecurity, wow, 8 new features I never heard of. Do we really need them? maybe not. Will they cause overhead? Of course. It is only one guy, will it be buggy and/ or unstable or will he run into trouble? Of course. Is there a precedence to what he is doing? Nope, I see a storm ahead.

Checked the history? Alphas and betas with some some heavy changes among what is enabled and what not. Would you as a developer expect out of this kernel the much awaited next speedy? twice as fast? Of course not! It will be slower and even then I tried myself and it is not that much slower. Due to the nature of the security features that this guy is trying to implement there are gonna be unforseen issues but heck, let's flash and try.

Come on man, even when it was a long time ago I remember those days when we were taught in college that the best value a developer could have is to be humble. Listen and learn. I'd love to see how this guy does all this stuff and even if I already knew all that I am sure I am gonna learn something anyways.

OP, thanks for the kernel. When I look back at stuff I coded in the past I realize how bad I did it, but I was proud back then. It is an undescriptible joy to see stuff executing and I will never forget all those times I ran into issues I thought I could never solve, I will also never forget all those who offered me moral support :) keep on going man, have fun, there are bunches here who appreciate what you do.

mamba720027

Sep 24, 2010
Complaining to a dev about problems is fine for improvement sake but people don't need to be critical towards a project a dev is pushing esp in beta stage of development. Theres alot of working kernel around if anyone feel they are not content with the free time and effort a dev steps forward and put into there work for free but remember every kernel available for the nexus s had a phase it had to go threw to get where it is today and no thanx for many who do not test and report a problem if there is one but step forward to only reap. So being critical and steam out like the above non mentioned name (s) does not make things improve.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

novic_dev

Aug 23, 2010
Moscow
www.anikos.su
Thanks to all for the useful comments! ;)
After my primary work time I'm hard working on porting AniDroid-Hardened to Linux 3.3 to bring you completele new stable kernel based on 3.3!

All improvements to 3.1.10 are also scheduled, but now (temporarely I'm sick) I haven't so much time to complete all these stages in a short time.

So, I'll try to apply all my stability improvements and release Beta 8 (the last Beta before Stable) version of AniDroid-Hardened during this or the next week!

Thanks for Your patience! ;)

Last edited: