Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Good day to everyone,

a small contribution to the community. My own brew of the kernel for Sony Xperia Mini Pro, Mini, LWW and Active smartphones.

Kappa Kernel
attachment.php

The unfortunately mandatory disclaimer:

By installing this kernel you agree that I can't be held responsible for anything that happens to you, your belongings, the people you know, the people you don't know, anything that might be closely or remotely related to you. You install the provided software in your phone and you're sole responsible for what may happen. Can't be blamed if your warranty is now void either. Even coffee may taste different afterwards!

What is it?

This is my attempt at bulding a custom kernel for my needs. To be fast, stable and eat as little battery as possible.
It's mainly "your" kernel, in the sense that it contains contributions/pieces of code / bits of genius by several people, who I wish personally to thank for all they shared. In no particular order:
  • DooMLoRD
  • Faux123
  • an0nym0us_
  • slade87
  • nobodyAtall
  • garwedgess
  • ...and many, many others...
(Listing above people doesn't mean they directly contributed to the kernel nor that they endorse it. I took either piece of their work to include or was inspired by their works)

What's in it?

This production of KaLabs kitchen is prepared with the finest cutlery available, Linaro GCC 4.7.3.
I've taken a well fed Sony stock 4.1.B.1.13 and prepared " a la Ka recipe"

• Removed unnecessary kernel components (e.g. Ethernet 10/100 drivers) - Lighter is better
  • CWM 6.0.3.1k (press vol down when the purple led is On at boot - Updated in 1.6 with Reboot to Fastboot and Shutdown)
  • CPU Governors (most taken from DooMLoRD sources): boosted (New), brazilianwax, conservative, darkside, hybrid (New), intellidemand (Default), intellidemand2, interactive (Backported from JB), interactivex, lagfree, lionheart , minmax, ondemand, performance, powersave, savagedzen, scary, smartassV2 (Tuned and boost pulse in 1.6), smartass, smartassH3 ((Tuned and boost pulse in 1.6), smoothass, userspace, virtuous, wheatley
  • IO Schedulers: BFQ, CFQ, SIO (Default), VR, Zen
  • SLQB Memory Allocator
  • Added Ext4 support
  • Swap, ZRam enabled
  • Cleancache and Frontswap are present too
  • Google Snappy Compression and Decompression drivers included
  • Updated Video drivers with Aurora Project's versions
  • Memcopy included
  • Tiny RCU is there too
  • OC up to 1.7GHZ
  • RO.secure = 0
  • init.d support
  • IP Tunneling
  • Wifi modules in Ramdisk (works right away, no need for reboot)
  • Boot Boost (Boot in OC 1.6GHZ, reduces boot by a few seconds)
  • Patched up to 2.6.32.60
  • Updated Yaffs2 driver
  • Ramdisk compressed with LZMA
  • Two-way call recording patch
  • CIFS Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
  • NTFS Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
  • FUSE Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
  • USB OTG Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
  • HFS Plus Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
  • Builtin OC/Governors/IOSchedulers choice in KaMenu (*)
  • Make CPU Governor / IO Scheduler choice stick at boot via KaMenu (*) (New)
  • Device reset via HOME + POWER keys, need to press keys 3 seconds, can be enabled via sysfs and KaMenu (New)
  • Wifi works as of first boot of newly installed rom.
  • This Kernel plays safely with any ROM based on stock ICS.
  • Battery bug fixed

(*) KaMenu is new with release 1.3
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Either via "adb shell" or a Terminal on the device itself, execute kamenu and follow the onscreen menu to enable or disable CIFS/NTFS/FUSE.
Once enabled, they are loaded and automatically loaded at boot too (via init.d script). Follow the same procedure to disable them.

Since Version 1.5, KaMenu allows you to choose the CPU Governor, CPU Min/Max Frequency and IO Scheduler without the need for an additional software. Of course it won't be as pretty as a graphical application but at least you have something to do it shipped with the kernel without having to rely on a rom builtin tool or third-party app you'd have to download separately.

Since Version 1.6 you'll find in KaMenu both in the CPU Governor and IO Scheduler selection menus the option to make your choice to stick at boot (via auto-created init.d scripts).

Supported models

The aim is to provide with builds for:
  • Mango - Mini Pro
  • Smultron - Mini
  • Coconut - LWW
  • Satsuma - Active

Installation

The installation is no different than other custom kernels.
  • First make sure you have an unlocked bootloader
  • When your phone is turned off, press the up vol button and connect your phone to your computer (Fastboot mode)
  • You must see the led turning blue
  • Either via Flashtool or via command line (fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot THEKERNEL) flash the kernel to your phone
  • You must see "0 bad blocks encountered" in the log. In case you see, it's safe to disconnect and reboot, otherwise redownload the kernel and try flashing again.
  • There you go...

Downloads

Update (1.6)
Version 1.4 was reported to be more stable than 1.5. This is why 1.6 has been built starting back from 1.4 and patching up till to achieve a build as stable as 1.4 and including additional features which hopefully will be of your liking.
It took a little time to release it and some of you participated actively in the testing. I would really like to thank who helped me bringing online this new version.
This new version doesn't only include a set of patches and fixes on the kernel itself but also a few additional features and fixes to the ramdisk.
First of all, probably the most significant change in the ramdisk is the inclusion of an "hybrid" CWM 6.0.3.1.
I call it 6.0.3.1k because it's not an official 6.0.3.1 but a patched 6.0.2.1 that includes all the fixes that could be applied while keeping compatibility with a 2.6.32.x kernel and adding additional features compared to the official CWM. This version, upon your suggestion, now includes a separate menu to Reboot into System, Reboot to Fastboot and Shutdown.
Another little feature I'm glad to include in this release is having Wifi to work since first boot of a newly installed ROM. Generally, because kernels that don't alter the /system partition must load drivers from the ramdisk early, Wifi is not available when you first boot a newly installed ROM. Version 1.6 now performs the required Wifi initialisation procedures when it detects the ROM hasn't performed them yet (case of a newly installed ROM) so that Wifi works right away.
Interactive CPU Governor JB edition was backported. This version can auto tune its tunable values by itself. Quarx2k (on Github) ported it.
Couple of CPU Governors more: Boosted which is a tuned version of SmartassV2 and Hybrid; Hybrid is meant to give it's full potential on multicore devices, which isn't our case, but I've included it anyway. Time will tell if worth keeping or not.
Many other changes and fixes were included with the aim to make this release more stable and smooth than the previous. In case you're actually still running 1.5, I'd really advise you to try this one.

Version 1.7 is now being prepared!
For people willing to test ongoing 1.7 Betas... I tried to make it a little easier.
My friend Jenkins is making every night a new build based on the latest committed changes. You can grab the releases here:

Kappa 1.7 Beta Releases

Sources of the kernel available via Github
and the modded CWM too

This is a work in progress, a lot still left to do to consider it fully boosted and optimised!

And that's pretty much it. Thanks for reading and please post any comments / critics / suggestions you may have!

Ka.

XDA:DevDB Information
Kappa Kernel, Kernel for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active

Contributors
kast
Kernel Special Features: Based on stock ICS Kernel, patched all up to be fast and battery friendly

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.6
Stable Release Date: 2013-04-28
Current Beta Version: 1.7
Beta Release Date: 2013-11-15

Created 2013-11-15
Last Updated 2014-08-24

Attachments

• kappa-small.png
    kappa-small.png
    2 KB · Views: 117,793
  • Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-14-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-14-07.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 98,695
  • Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-13-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-13-40.png
    8 KB · Views: 99,197
  • Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-13-21.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-13-21.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 99,147
  • Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-12-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-12-55.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 99,129
  • Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-12-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-20-12-38.png
    7 KB · Views: 99,127
Last edited:

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Will added GPU+ in next relase for Mango?

I'm looking into that!

Update: Found this reply by An0nym0us_
actually theres none xperia mdpi or hdpi kernel with oc gpu. adreno205 simply cant be oc.
the discussion to oc it is since the desire hd days, but none succeeded with good result.
raising the gpu freq manually in kernel source made phone lag.

So I guess it's a blocked road to have GPU OC...

Ka.

Last edited:

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
I can test it for you on lww but:
please make it most battery friengly as you can,
usb otg modules
oc up to 1.6 ( I think no one use even 1.6 frequency
ext2, 3 ( somones use lower versions of ext partition)
it is rooted right?
and please never make it with twrp ( or make 2 kernel: twrp and cwm) because twrp has problems with installing some zips
use 100mhz steps for cpu
ntfs module
and have no idea what more btw as I said i can test it for lww

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
I can test it for you on lww but:
please make it most battery friengly as you can,
usb otg modules
oc up to 1.6 ( I think no one use even 1.6 frequency
ext2, 3 ( somones use lower versions of ext partition)
it is rooted right?
and please never make it with twrp ( or make 2 kernel: twrp and cwm) because twrp has problems with installing some zips
use 100mhz steps for cpu
ntfs module
and have no idea what more btw as I said i can test it for lww

• oc up to 1.6 ( I think no one use even 1.6 frequency : Was actually thinking about that... 2.0GHZ maybe not that safe, considering the official speed of the CPU. Might bring it down to 1.6
  • it is rooted right? - ro.secure is set to 0, but there is no autoroot script or similar.
  • ext2, 3 - Those are in, I added Ext4, didn't remove Ex2 and Ext3
  • use 100mhz steps for cpu - Will look into that
  • CIFS and NTFS are "said" to eat battery, this is why I didn't include them. But might be wrong and quite happy to be corrected.
  • usb otg modules - Prolly in next release. (Included in 1.1)

Thanks a lot for your offer to test! Beware that because I don't have a LWW myself I can't even guarantee it'll boot on yours. I'll build it and send you a link via PM, ok?

Thanks again,
Ka.

Last edited:

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
Thanks a lot for reply. So have no idea if ntfs eats battery.
So if ro secure to 0 is that root acces will normally work in rom right?
NTFS mhm I just need to work mounting pendrives in usb otg helper so I could use it normally. Now I use kernel panic which is fast and battery friengly. But can't mount pendrives. So I need the same fast kernel with usb otg. As I said I just need possibility to mount my pendrive with ntfs file system on it
And yes pm me link after you will make version for live

Linshart

Jul 6, 2012
hey there, sounds interesting, the kernel :D will there probably a twrp version (prefared 2.4.x as that is the working one :D ) available sometime soon? searching for such a kernel quite a time, lupus JB has a working twrp 2.4.x but all other kernels still use twrp 2.3.x (which is known as not correctly working -> can´t flash roms)
thanks in advance :D

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
will there probably a twrp version (prefared 2.4.x as that is the working one :D ) available sometime soon?

Hi, thanks!
I'm more a CWM guy myself but I definitely want to try it out. I'll avoid "Dual Recovery" boots because I don't want to have my phone waiting two times... I'll have to find another way of packaging either one or the other.

Thanks,
Ka.

Linshart

Jul 6, 2012
would be cool :D well if u can get the TWRP 2.4.x (i found it by searching the forums here, there is a thread with fully working stockkernels with the twrp for all XPERIAs) u don´t need dual boot as the 2.4 works perfectly, lupus JB kernel only has the TWRP 2.4.x :D

Cybereu

Aug 26, 2012
Testing Ka-Cocunot

Edited:
Screen is wierd, have some horizontal stripes and its faded.
Im using xNXT 7 rom, Project Fluid and RPengine tweaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: kast

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Testing Ka-Cocunot

Edited:
Screen is wierd, have some horizontal stripes and its faded.
Im using xNXT 7 rom, Project Fluid and RPengine tweaks.

Hi,
updated the Coconut version, new link in first post. Maybe this time it's gonna be a little better.
Link removed, wasn't working
Thanks for your precious help!

Ka.

Last edited:
Reactions: sravan242

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
hey tell how to download kernel from this link? because when enter I have only a lot of text

The LWW/Coconut build seems to be broken at the moment. I wouldn't dare giving you a kernel that somebody else already said it doesn't boot.
I don't have a LWW myself unfortunately. As soon as I have another build to try I'll post it, ok?

Thanks,
Ka.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day to everyone,

a small contribution to the community. My own brew of the kernel for Sony Xperia Mini Pro, Mini, LWW and Active smartphones.

Kappa Kernel
    attachment.php

The unfortunately mandatory disclaimer:

By installing this kernel you agree that I can't be held responsible for anything that happens to you, your belongings, the people you know, the people you don't know, anything that might be closely or remotely related to you. You install the provided software in your phone and you're sole responsible for what may happen. Can't be blamed if your warranty is now void either. Even coffee may taste different afterwards!

What is it?

This is my attempt at bulding a custom kernel for my needs. To be fast, stable and eat as little battery as possible.
    It's mainly "your" kernel, in the sense that it contains contributions/pieces of code / bits of genius by several people, who I wish personally to thank for all they shared. In no particular order:
    • DooMLoRD
    • Faux123
    • an0nym0us_
    • slade87
    • nobodyAtall
    • garwedgess
    • ...and many, many others...
    (Listing above people doesn't mean they directly contributed to the kernel nor that they endorse it. I took either piece of their work to include or was inspired by their works)

What's in it?

This production of KaLabs kitchen is prepared with the finest cutlery available, Linaro GCC 4.7.3.
    I've taken a well fed Sony stock 4.1.B.1.13 and prepared " a la Ka recipe"

• Removed unnecessary kernel components (e.g. Ethernet 10/100 drivers) - Lighter is better
    • CWM 6.0.3.1k (press vol down when the purple led is On at boot - Updated in 1.6 with Reboot to Fastboot and Shutdown)
    • CPU Governors (most taken from DooMLoRD sources): boosted (New), brazilianwax, conservative, darkside, hybrid (New), intellidemand (Default), intellidemand2, interactive (Backported from JB), interactivex, lagfree, lionheart , minmax, ondemand, performance, powersave, savagedzen, scary, smartassV2 (Tuned and boost pulse in 1.6), smartass, smartassH3 ((Tuned and boost pulse in 1.6), smoothass, userspace, virtuous, wheatley
    • IO Schedulers: BFQ, CFQ, SIO (Default), VR, Zen
    • SLQB Memory Allocator
    • Added Ext4 support
    • Swap, ZRam enabled
    • Cleancache and Frontswap are present too
    • Google Snappy Compression and Decompression drivers included
    • Updated Video drivers with Aurora Project's versions
    • Memcopy included
    • Tiny RCU is there too
    • OC up to 1.7GHZ
    • RO.secure = 0
    • init.d support
    • IP Tunneling
    • Wifi modules in Ramdisk (works right away, no need for reboot)
    • Boot Boost (Boot in OC 1.6GHZ, reduces boot by a few seconds)
    • Patched up to 2.6.32.60
    • Updated Yaffs2 driver
    • Ramdisk compressed with LZMA
    • Two-way call recording patch
    • CIFS Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
    • NTFS Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
    • FUSE Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
    • USB OTG Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
    • HFS Plus Module enabling/disabling via KaMenu (*)
    • Builtin OC/Governors/IOSchedulers choice in KaMenu (*)
    • Make CPU Governor / IO Scheduler choice stick at boot via KaMenu (*) (New)
    • Device reset via HOME + POWER keys, need to press keys 3 seconds, can be enabled via sysfs and KaMenu (New)
    • Wifi works as of first boot of newly installed rom.
    • This Kernel plays safely with any ROM based on stock ICS.
    • Battery bug fixed

(*) KaMenu is new with release 1.3
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Either via "adb shell" or a Terminal on the device itself, execute kamenu and follow the onscreen menu to enable or disable CIFS/NTFS/FUSE.
    Once enabled, they are loaded and automatically loaded at boot too (via init.d script). Follow the same procedure to disable them.

Since Version 1.5, KaMenu allows you to choose the CPU Governor, CPU Min/Max Frequency and IO Scheduler without the need for an additional software. Of course it won't be as pretty as a graphical application but at least you have something to do it shipped with the kernel without having to rely on a rom builtin tool or third-party app you'd have to download separately.

Since Version 1.6 you'll find in KaMenu both in the CPU Governor and IO Scheduler selection menus the option to make your choice to stick at boot (via auto-created init.d scripts).

Supported models

The aim is to provide with builds for:
    • Mango - Mini Pro
    • Smultron - Mini
    • Coconut - LWW
    • Satsuma - Active

Installation

The installation is no different than other custom kernels.
    • First make sure you have an unlocked bootloader
    • When your phone is turned off, press the up vol button and connect your phone to your computer (Fastboot mode)
    • You must see the led turning blue
    • Either via Flashtool or via command line (fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot THEKERNEL) flash the kernel to your phone
    • You must see "0 bad blocks encountered" in the log. In case you see, it's safe to disconnect and reboot, otherwise redownload the kernel and try flashing again.
    • There you go...

Downloads

Update (1.6)
    Version 1.4 was reported to be more stable than 1.5. This is why 1.6 has been built starting back from 1.4 and patching up till to achieve a build as stable as 1.4 and including additional features which hopefully will be of your liking.
    It took a little time to release it and some of you participated actively in the testing. I would really like to thank who helped me bringing online this new version.
    This new version doesn't only include a set of patches and fixes on the kernel itself but also a few additional features and fixes to the ramdisk.
    First of all, probably the most significant change in the ramdisk is the inclusion of an "hybrid" CWM 6.0.3.1.
    I call it 6.0.3.1k because it's not an official 6.0.3.1 but a patched 6.0.2.1 that includes all the fixes that could be applied while keeping compatibility with a 2.6.32.x kernel and adding additional features compared to the official CWM. This version, upon your suggestion, now includes a separate menu to Reboot into System, Reboot to Fastboot and Shutdown.
    Another little feature I'm glad to include in this release is having Wifi to work since first boot of a newly installed ROM. Generally, because kernels that don't alter the /system partition must load drivers from the ramdisk early, Wifi is not available when you first boot a newly installed ROM. Version 1.6 now performs the required Wifi initialisation procedures when it detects the ROM hasn't performed them yet (case of a newly installed ROM) so that Wifi works right away.
    Interactive CPU Governor JB edition was backported. This version can auto tune its tunable values by itself. Quarx2k (on Github) ported it.
    Couple of CPU Governors more: Boosted which is a tuned version of SmartassV2 and Hybrid; Hybrid is meant to give it's full potential on multicore devices, which isn't our case, but I've included it anyway. Time will tell if worth keeping or not.
    Many other changes and fixes were included with the aim to make this release more stable and smooth than the previous. In case you're actually still running 1.5, I'd really advise you to try this one.

Version 1.7 is now being prepared!
    For people willing to test ongoing 1.7 Betas... I tried to make it a little easier.
    My friend Jenkins is making every night a new build based on the latest committed changes. You can grab the releases here:

Kappa 1.7 Beta Releases

Sources of the kernel available via Github
    and the modded CWM too

This is a work in progress, a lot still left to do to consider it fully boosted and optimised!

And that's pretty much it. Thanks for reading and please post any comments / critics / suggestions you may have!

Ka.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kappa Kernel, Kernel for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, Mini Pro, Active

Contributors
    kast
    Kernel Special Features: Based on stock ICS Kernel, patched all up to be fast and battery friendly

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.6
    Stable Release Date: 2013-04-28
    Current Beta Version: 1.7
    Beta Release Date: 2013-11-15

Created 2013-11-15
    Last Updated 2014-08-24
    So...

After keeping you for several months on a silly but stubborn bug, now that it seems to be solved, I guess I owe you all some explanations.
    For the people that just want something to work, regardless of the "how", this post will be very boring. For the others, here is what has been done to fix the 100% battery bug issue.

First of all I must thank all the people that helped me investigating this issue. Not only by providing logcats (as you know I never had the problem myself) but also digging into the code and logs to find a possible reason to the issue. In no order, thanks to: karandpr, a|\|droid_user, kingozzo, and a few others too. Thanks!

Now, for the "boring" technical bits. After months of wandering in the dark, karandpr post finally brought a little light to this. The line that made a bit clearer to me what was going wrong is this one, as in the log he provided in his post:
    Code:
    <3>[ 9.910949] msm_i2c msm_i2c.0: (00aa) Error during data xfer (-5)
    There was at somepoint a transfer problem but we didn't know why. This issue happened to some and never to others. No way to know if it was hardware related or not. The only sure thing is that it happened with some kernels and not with others.

That log line there pointed to this piece of code here:
    i2c-msm.c
    line 520
    Code:
    if (dev->err) {
                            dev_err(dev->dev,
                                    "(%04x) Error during data xfer (%d)\n",
                                    addr, dev->err);
                            ret = dev->err;
                            goto out_err;
    Yet, because dev->err is populated "asynchrounously", it was hard to tell, once again, what was going wrong.
    Only resort was to compare sources between this kernel and one that didn't have the issue. I went with Mesa.
    Downloaded the diffset an0nym0us_ provides with his kernel, applied to stock Sony kernel and then diffed the I2C bus driver code between Mesa and this kernel here. Bingo! There were maaany differences! ;)
    The most relevant ones, to my understanding, were the following:
    first of all, in Mesa, "read" and "write" functions were replaced by "relaxed" ones. For example:
    Code:
    -	val = readl(dev->base+QUP_CONFIG);
    +	val = readl_relaxed(dev->base+QUP_CONFIG);
    Second, mutex calls and type were replaced too:
    Code:
    -	mutex_init(&adap->bus_lock);
    +	rt_mutex_init(&adap->bus_lock);

Although I must admit part of the logic difference is too deep in the lowlevel kernel lands for me, it seemed to do the trick.
    This "relaxed" change coupled with rt_mutexes seem to have (probably) solved hardware slowness of some devices. I might just give a shot to some kind of technical explanation but it's only speculation. Maybe some phones need a bit more of a "relaxed" approach when writing or reading, this made the trick.

I wish being able to provide more details in the technical aspect of the solution. I don't doubt skilled people are able to. I'm just a kernel patcher ;)

Take care you all and thanks again for your help!

1.7 is now much closer than before. Tempted to add JB booting but yet to understand exactly what needs to be patched in kernel and ramdisk. I know GB boots with the correct ramdisk, JB still a mistery.

Ka.
    Latest builds of 1.7 Beta 12.

Working
    • ICS boot (of course) and all the previous stuff in 1.6, but hopefully faster
    • Fixed video playback (please confirm this)
    • Fixed battery 100% bug
    • Fixed init.d scripts execution

Work in progress
    • JB 4.1 boots, wifi works a first boot, not yet tested deeply.
    • JB 4.2.2 boots, wifi works, SD Card doesn't work properly.
    • JB 4.3 not tested yet
    • JB 4.4 hangs at boot animation (Ok, ok, maybe 4.4 is a bit too much but, why not trying at least?)

Yet to start
    These are points I yet to have a look into. They might be included or not in final 1.7. On my todo list.
    • ExtFAT support
    • Different partition schemas
    • Update Linaro toolchain

And now the builds (Remember, these are test versions!)

Thanks for your support! Take care,
    Ka.
    1.7Beta4

Hi there,

who's courageous enough to test a Beta?

Here 1.7 Beta4 for Mini, Mini Pro, Active and LWW.
    This beta is a beta. Can't guarantee it to be better, I need your help and opinion if you don't mind...

What's in it? Uhm... Many, many, many patches. Most relevant are:
    • Enable ipsec support for all configs
    • Underclock at 24/61 MHz
    • SmartassH3 boost pulse support + fixed sysfs
    • uksm: Ported Ultra-KSM 0.1.0 Experimental port for stock ICS semc-msm7x30 kernel.
    • USB Serial as loadable Module
    • drivers/cpufreq: tuned virtuous and darkside
    • drivers/cpufreq: tuned smartassv2
    • Removed CPU Govs: brazilianwax, lionheart, minmax, savagedzen, userspace
    • Backported ROW IO Scheduler from CAF 3.4
    • msm7x30: genlock update
    • Add support for channel 14 and Increase wifi
    • Tweak deadline scheduler
    • Update to new ALS configuration
    • init: calibrate.c backport from 3.0
    • ext4: Use ext4 file system driver for ext2/ext3 file system mounts
    • mm: Added dynamic writeback
    • Frandom support inside kernel
    • backport of interactive governor from JellyBean, with time view concept
    • Enable KEYRESET via sysfs interface (default is disabled, use echo "1" > /sys/power/keyreset/enable_reset to enable it)
    • [Patch] Delayed keyreset, 3s keypress
    • configs: anabled keyreset on all devices
    • mogami: keyboard reset with HOME + POWER
    • [PATCH] Optimized RCU Tiny

Thanks in advance and take care you all!

Ka.
    We might see a JB version coming along at some point. For the time being, for version 1.7 I prefer to stick to something I know and trust, ICS.

A JB kernel is not excluded though. That's why I'm playing, even if very lazily, with a 3.4 version of the kernel.
    My priority is to have a true stable and performant ICS kernel.
    Then we'll see for the "future".

Ka

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium