[KERNEL] [INT'L][TW/GE/AOSP - 5.1/5.0/4.4][18/05/2015] Alucard-Kernel-SGS4 - Stweaks

Search This thread

alucard_24

Oct 14, 2012
@alucard_24 In GE pi version i was getting nearly 5 hours of screen on time, but had in call audio problem .. In pn version i was getting nearly 4 hours.. In qe version only 3 to 3.5 hours.. All the time ROM was same.. Jamal's R4..Any way to improve the battery life without affecting the performance, like that in pi version .??

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi,

1) Check battery draining with Battery Stats and maybe solve it.
2) Use default profile, Open Stweaks, move to CPU-Hotplug tab (AWAKE,SLEEP)
3) Change cpu_up_rate = cpu_down_rate = 2 (also for sleep tab)
4) Change hotplug_rq_load_1_1 = hotplug_rq_load_2_0 = 100(also for sleep tab)
5) Change hotplug_rq_load_2_1 = hotplug_rq_load_3_0 = 200(also for sleep tab)
6) Change hotplug_rq_load_3_1 = hotplug_rq_load_4_0 = 300(also for sleep tab)
7) Click on Apply button.
8) Click on push button "Cpu Hotplug Policy Install" to apply changes!

Bye

Reactions: bibymon

Swizzy88

May 30, 2012
I've been experimenting with many different kernels and ROMS to try and get the best battery life for browsing via Wi-Fi. This kernel + slimkat looks very promising so far.

Has anyone tweaked extreme battery profile some more to squeeze even more battery out of it? It's a very good profile, seems conservative but still very smooth, which is why I believe I can squeeze even more out of it.

At the moment with light browsing via Wifi I get roughly -350 to -400mah drain. What else should I try? I have already followed all guides as to disabling apps and background processes.

I'm trying to reach the 'golden' 6h screen on time :)

bibymon

Oct 16, 2011
Kottayam,Kerala
Hi,

1) Check battery draining with Battery Stats and maybe solve it.
2) Use default profile, Open Stweaks, move to CPU-Hotplug tab (AWAKE,SLEEP)
3) Change cpu_up_rate = cpu_down_rate = 2 (also for sleep tab)
4) Change hotplug_rq_load_1_1 = hotplug_rq_load_2_0 = 100(also for sleep tab)
5) Change hotplug_rq_load_2_1 = hotplug_rq_load_3_0 = 200(also for sleep tab)
6) Change hotplug_rq_load_3_1 = hotplug_rq_load_4_0 = 300(also for sleep tab)
7) Click on Apply button.
8) Click on push button "Cpu Hotplug Policy Install" to apply changes!

Bye

Thanks.. I forgot to look at the basic things.. My phone was awake all the time.. Because of EntriesRefresh_wakelock..caused by Google search box

jypu7u4u.jpg

@alucard_24 can you please suggest a solution??

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HaGii

Aug 1, 2013
London
@alucard_24

Hey alucard, since using your kernel with Jamal's ROM I got an issue.
When I locked my device and then turn the screen on, I can unlock my phone by tapping the menu softkey....

Please explain how to disable or please release update without issue. :p

Thanks in advance

PS: Please add your settings of STweaker in OP, it would be nice to test them. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

giodeluigi

Nov 15, 2013
Romagna - Italy
@alucard_24

I did some more tests on Bluetooth audio streming:
Not working with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gea For 4.4 AOSP version on SlimROM 2.4.
Working with latest KT-SGS4 17/1 build on SlimROM 2.4.
Tested with a couple of Bose Audio audio system.
I hope this help! ;)

alucard_24

Oct 14, 2012
@alucard_24

I did some more tests on Bluetooth audio streming:
Not working with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gea For 4.4 AOSP version on SlimROM 2.4.
Working with latest KT-SGS4 17/1 build on SlimROM 2.4.
Tested with a couple of Bose Audio audio system.
I hope this help! ;)

Yes it can be.... can you test with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gc kernel, please? (the previous one)

alucard_24

Oct 14, 2012
@alucard_24

Hey alucard, since using your kernel with Jamal's ROM I got an issue.
When I locked my device and then turn the screen on, I can unlock my phone by tapping the menu softkey....

Please explain how to disable or please release update without issue. :p

Thanks in advance

PS: Please add your settings of STweaker in OP, it would be nice to test them. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Unlocking phone pressing softkey i think it is not a feature of kernel, maybe you should find it inside rom options ;)

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
Alucard, thanks for this wonderful kernel you've made. Im using your latest kernel with Jamals R4 rom and there is one problem.

When turning on the phone with the charger on, I get stuck on the lockscreen without being able to unlock my phone. Touch screen dosnt work then & only option is to turn of the phone and on again. But then I get stuck on boot screen and phone do not start until I make a full wipe and install everything from scratch again.

Please help me with this, I realy want to use your kernel, when using KT kernel I don't have this problem

Skickat från min GT-I9505G via Tapatalk

giarob78

Jun 14, 2013
CT - Italy
Alucard, thanks for this wonderful kernel you've made. Im using your latest kernel with Jamals R4 rom and there is one problem.

When turning on the phone with the charger on, I get stuck on the lockscreen without being able to unlock my phone. Touch screen dosnt work then & only option is to turn of the phone and on again. But then I get stuck on boot screen and phone do not start until I make a full wipe and install everything from scratch again.

Please help me with this, I realy want to use your kernel, when using KT kernel I don't have this problem

did you a wipe cache and dalvik before flashed the Alu's kernel? after you must uninstall the KTweaker, try.

May 21, 2009
did you a wipe cache and dalvik before flashed the Alu's kernel? after you must uninstall the KTweaker, try.

Yes, no noob here when it comes to flashig, kernel works great. But I have to remind myself all the time not to turn on the phone with the charger on (when battery all empty) or I'll end up flashig everything from scratch again

giodeluigi

Nov 15, 2013
Romagna - Italy
Yes it can be.... can you test with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gc kernel, please? (the previous one)

@alucard_24

I can confirm now that Bluetooth audio is working with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gc (paired and working in less than 2 sec.!) with the same Bose devices.
May we hope in a forthcoming release with working Bluetooth audio but with the gorgeous battery duration of 2.6.3gea? ;)
Last but not least you can beer me in op! ;)

alucard_24

Oct 14, 2012
@alucard_24

I can confirm now that Bluetooth audio is working with Kernel-Alucard-V2.6.3gc (paired and working in less than 2 sec.!) with the same Bose devices.
May we hope in a forthcoming release with working Bluetooth audio but with the gorgeous battery duration of 2.6.3gea? ;)
Last but not least you can beer me in op! ;)

Perfect... I will fix it tonight but I need your test, so when I have done I will send you a test kernel version by PM .....
Thank you :)

Reactions: giodeluigi

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone