Sorry to tell this, but KudKernel development on j2lte family has been abandoned due to fact that I couldn't give make any of my current builds to boot and I don't have any device to test. Thanks for your support all. Hope we could meet again on another device development. :fingers-crossed:
KudKernel is a custom kernel that built straight from the official sources with slight modifications to keep it as stable as stock, but with some additional features that won't impact the stability overall.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Compiled from J200FXXU1AOI6 kernel sources
- Compiled using UberTC 4.9.4 with -Ofast and -fgraphite flag for fast and smooth experience
- Using AnyKernel2 script for unified and easy installation (@osm0sis)
- Kernel.org version 3.10.22
- Kernel is compressed using LZMA
- SELinux is set to permissive by default
- ADB full root access
- Enabled all CPU governors
- Disabled root restrictions (enjoy fully rooted experience!)
And more features to come soon...
All downloads are located in multiple providers, so in case there is a problem on one provider, you could download KudKernel from the other one.
Make sure you've unlocked your bootloader via this simple instruction and have your stock boot.img backed up (so you could revert back to stock kernel at any time) before proceeding.
- Make sure you've the latest version of TWRP.
- Reboot to Recovery mode by combination of Power+Home+Vol(+) buttons.
- Select Install from TWRP screen.
- Select KudKernel .zip file.
- Swipe button to install. (you could enable zip signature verification if needed)
- Finally wipe cache and dalvik.
- Reboot to system.
You could use my source for studying purposes before you develop your own kernel project. Rebuilding any kernel with my sources is strictly prohibited. Kernel source is here.
- Samsung Open Source Resource Center Team
- UBER TOOLCHAINS - Their powerful toolchain!
- @osm0sis - AnyKernel2 script - XDA thread
@5mohsen5 - Testing my first undocumented test build and J200F stock kernel @zephy09 - J200GU stock kernel @Rachav2 - J200M stock kernel