[Kernel][JB][I8150][DEV]Galaxy W KERNEL v2 OC-UV-CFS 06-12-2012

Search This thread

zayustman

Jul 29, 2012
Bekasi
Do you guys get the phone to charge UP to 100% when turned off? I've been charging for almost 3 hours now and I might damage the battery, please help. :) I'm using v2.0 Normal Mem.

Bugs or glitch..but when i charge my phone at home at night it never reach 100% stuck at 98-99%, but when i charge my phone on office, it always reach 100%.:confused:

but the lifetime is good at most 10-18 hour

GT-I8150 ARCO CM 10 A3

rizky syahputra

Oct 5, 2012
NIPAM - Pamulang
oh man, thet build that based on forfivo idea and hadi's help. And I think arco's source for 3.0 JB isn't ready yet so we can't advance to build 3.0 kernel for ICS and modified that to work on JB, too many bugs like USB can't connect

well I can't make sure too if galaxy s+ will work kamera in this kernel 3.0, but all I know ICS based kernel 2.6.35 example: xperia mini, xperia neo etc. if kernel 3.0 usually for android which support for USB OTG. and know JB based kernel 3.0. RIGHT??

hotheabilly

May 24, 2012
padang
well I can't make sure too if galaxy s+ will work kamera in this kernel 3.0, but all I know ICS based kernel 2.6.35 example: xperia mini, xperia neo etc. if kernel 3.0 usually for android which support for USB OTG. and know JB based kernel 3.0. RIGHT??

ORIGINAL ICS FIRMWARE is ACTUALLY based on 3.0 kernel. Go see Gtab 2, Xperia Sola, and many more devices that getting official ICS from their provider. At this moment Arco using kernel 2.6 for ICS and JB because kernel 3.0 lack of Important functionalities like camera, etc. You can see here, even camcory managing android 4.2.1 to boot in kernel 2.6 :http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35500127&postcount=477 and we had enough with the OTG-thing question. Well, 'nuff said.

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
Currently using the maxmemkernel with slim bean. Changed cam to 480 before flashing so I have the video working in the original app(was hadi's idea go thank him in his ICS kernel) works great, hard gaming is smooth.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

rizky syahputra

Oct 5, 2012
NIPAM - Pamulang
ORIGINAL ICS FIRMWARE is ACTUALLY based on 3.0 kernel. Go see Gtab 2, Xperia Sola, and many more devices that getting official ICS from their provider. At this moment Arco using kernel 2.6 for ICS and JB because kernel 3.0 lack of Important functionalities like camera, etc. You can see here, even camcory managing android 4.2.1 to boot in kernel 2.6 :http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35500127&postcount=477 and we had enough with the OTG-thing question. Well, 'nuff said.

and I still working for kernel 3.0 from arco, it's to hard that's why we must give thanks for arco therefore he doesn't make a kernel perfectly, and galaxy s already have android 4.2 official from cyanogemod. if arco make kernel 3.0 perfectly and no major bugs, I think arco will so easily to make android 4.2

Batur97

Sep 20, 2012
İs V2 normalmem kernel undervolted?

Sory for my bad english.

Last edited:

vetusa2

Oct 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy W I8150
i am on ancora and i downloaded camera ICS+ (((plus))) app under the private/max/normal versions and i see when changing from camera to video recording 2 choices 480p and 720p but when i choose 720p the system crashs and the camera ICS+ app won't work again (i restored my phone to my earlier system!)

i am under slim bean v3.1 with kernel-JB-V1.1-MAXMEM ,video recording in camera crashed twice then is working just fine after that!

i noticed something when i had camera ics and camera ics+ 720p worked !

but when it uninstalled the camera ics version i suffer from this problem

hint: i am currently doing this tweak : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2052944

came back to tell you after i installed kernel-JB-V2-NORMALMEM phone crashed once then 720p/480p showed up on camera ics+ application and sometimes when i run the app the screen looks strange with funny colors then it fix itself

Last edited:

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
While arco is working on 3.x kernel, i've made a 2.6.35 version for JB.

Features and changelog:

V1:
-smartassV2 governor
-interactivex governor
-lazy governor
-lulzactive governor
-lionheart governor
-ondemandx governor
-intellidemand governor
-smartass governor
-lagfree governor
-Savagedzen governor
-scary governor
-smoothass governor
-brazillianwax governor
-minmax governor
-SIO scheduler
-CFQ scheduler
-BFQ scheduler
-VR scheduler
-ZEN scheduler
-NOOP scheduler
-DEADLINE scheduler
-Dynamic Fsync
-KSM
-Overclock
-Undervolt
-Some performance and battery tweaks i dont remember

V1.1:
-fixed wifi issues on PACman and paranoid android (cleancache removed)
-added 61, 122 and 1900 mhz frequencies
-added SFB network scheduler

V2:
-removed 61 mhz frequency
-added cleancache, zcache and zram with snappy compression
-adjusted governors to get more battery life (if you want more performance look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817)
-tweaked memory, schedulers....

Initially the kernel comes in 3 versions (CFS only for now):
-NORMAL = 352MB of RAM = 720p and 480p recording in every camera app
-MAXMEM = 395MB of RAM = breaks NATIVE CAMERA 720p and 480p recording, so use lgCamera from Market (only 480p)
-PRIVATE = 395MB of RAM + components and cpu undervolted (thats the version i compile for myself to daily use)

My phone freezes when i play temple run for around 10 mins... I'm using the PRIVATE kernel for gaming and ipromeh told me to use MAXMEM for gaming cos' its suitable for it... Any ideas?:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While arco is working on 3.x kernel, i've made a 2.6.35 version for JB.

Features and changelog:

V1:
    -smartassV2 governor
    -interactivex governor
    -lazy governor
    -lulzactive governor
    -lionheart governor
    -ondemandx governor
    -intellidemand governor
    -smartass governor
    -lagfree governor
    -Savagedzen governor
    -scary governor
    -smoothass governor
    -brazillianwax governor
    -minmax governor
    -SIO scheduler
    -CFQ scheduler
    -BFQ scheduler
    -VR scheduler
    -ZEN scheduler
    -NOOP scheduler
    -DEADLINE scheduler
    -Dynamic Fsync
    -KSM
    -Overclock
    -Undervolt
    -Some performance and battery tweaks i dont remember

V1.1:
    -fixed wifi issues on PACman and paranoid android (cleancache removed)
    -added 61, 122 and 1900 mhz frequencies
    -added SFB network scheduler

V2:
    -removed 61 mhz frequency
    -added cleancache, zcache and zram with snappy compression
    -adjusted governors to get more battery life (if you want more performance look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817)
    -tweaked memory, schedulers....

Initially the kernel comes in 3 versions (CFS only for now):
    -NORMAL = 352MB of RAM = 720p and 480p recording in every camera app
    -MAXMEM = 395MB of RAM = breaks NATIVE CAMERA 720p and 480p recording, so use lgCamera from Market (only 480p)
    -PRIVATE = 395MB of RAM + components and cpu undervolted (thats the version i compile for myself to daily use)
    Currently using MaxMem v2 for 2.6 kernel with Slimbean ROM... and couldn't be happier! :) Arco has already brought 3.0 kernel out and it has been relatively stable for some time already.

Anybody know if Forfivo is planning on releasing a 3.0 kernel version of MaxMem v2?

Yes, im planning to release a new kernel soon, maybe this weekend. Sorry, but im not investing too much time on kernel development nowadays.
    i can't use wi-fi. with both kernel.

Which rom are u using? In my tests i cant make it work with camcory's rom (pacman and paranoid). Im tryin g to address whats happening.

My question is about the mount spots and the problem with the previous kernel and if that has been addressed and fixed?

sorry..can use this kernel for ICS? coz same version, v2.6.35

I don't know. But i dont think it will work because initram is defferent (mount points, and so on...)

Yeah.. is the mount problem solved? And is wifi working?

Don't hesitate pressing the "thanks" button :D

Wifi is not working only with paranoid and pacman. Im figure it out whats happening.

I am using Pacman 18.0.1

I've tested with pacman and its not working. I still dont know how.

Thx forfivo, but smartassv2 needs to be tweaked. On use cpu never goes below 768mhz.
    This max mem settings are awsome since I don't care a out video recording. But i think you can fix the 480p video for stock camera.

I'll check it. Smartass is a pain in the as.... to tweak....

Is there a way to port this kernel to galaxy s plus?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

I'll will update my github sources soon.

forfivo sorry to tell this. you should have some apk to setting kernel which can setting the ram. such 352mb,398mb etc. and then reboot the phone like devil kernel

Setting the ram without flashing a new kernel is not possible at the moment.

how to install it. my phone stuck at the bootanimation

Give me details about what u are doing and which rom u are using.

I confirm wifi not work. Missing drivers maybe?

-sent from my awesome phone-

missing module maybe?

may i know the source so i can try building my own kernel? i've checked arco's but can't find kernel source for jb:(

Wifi isn't working with pacman and paranoid. I checking into it. And i'll update my github soon.

Edit: wifi work with arco cm10, on pac it doesnt. Great work forfivo!! :D

-sent from my awesome phone-
    Sorry, but im not investing too much time on kernel development nowadays.

That's a pity. Since CM10a5 your 2.6 kernel no longer supports all functions. And no other kernel developers is to generate such energy-saving kernel to.
    Since undervolted and tuned, but nothing changes in energy consumption in sleep mode. With your kernel, however it can sometimes be a week to arrive without having to carry a charger. Magnificent.
    I hope you can find some time and tinkering to be just as great energy saving newer kernel version for CM10/CM10.1.
    3 Kernel on the high standby consumption, in principle, can not be. Because of the HTC-one works a kernel v 3.0.16 and this is as energy efficient as your 2.6 kernel for the Wonder.

Here is a screenshot of currently available Wonder kernel i have tested:

Screenshot_2013-04-06-08-55-39.jpg
    Wow v2 has been quietly released. Has anyone tested it yet to see how it is compared to the other versions?

EDIT: Just flashed it and it works alot better than v1 with better optimizations for smartassv2 as well, haven't tried turning on zRam but I don't think I need to otherwise no bugs so far unlike v1 which it did freeze and the reboot also I was wondering if anyone else after flashing v2 has only 351MB of RAM because that is what happened to me.

Tried to flash it after full reset and still getting 351MB instead of the normal 352MB. Anyone else getting this or is it just me.

v2 is showing 351 of ram, i dont know why, but this doesnt mean anything. Dont need to be worried. The only significant difference is between normalmem and maxmem/private.

I tried private and then maxmem. Same result

Please try flashing the normalmem version and post your results.

Will it boot on galaxy s + ?

Why, it's actually the same CPU and very simular motherboard. ?

Diablo, the hardware is pratically the same, but there are some compilation options that needs to be set especifically for galaxy s+. When i have more free time i can compile one and post in galaxy s+ forum. Anyway, if u want to compile yourself, i've updated my sources as i released v2 version.