[Kernel][JB - KK - LP] [KatKernel#118c] [OC | UV | CIFS | IPTABLES | TUN]

Search This thread

airon11

Jun 27, 2007
hmm, ok will try that, it used to do that with other CM10 roms, but the B version of the 56_Lidpatch prevented it to do that.
Might be something that AOKP is doing differently compared to the regular other CM10 roms...

Can you confirm that you used the 56B_lidpatch and not the 56_lidpatch version with it ?
Since you had downloaded the 56_Lidpatch version previously maybe you flashed it by mistake instead of the B version ?
Or maybe try again with 56B_lidpatch just to make sure, that'd save me time as AOKP is one of the only version I have not downloaded yet ;))

I nave also the same problem with aokp milestone 1 JB, same version. I used 56b_lidpatch and force close settings in memory tab.
So I think is really a bug or something and not related to only 1 user.
Thanks for your feedback

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Taomyn said:
Went back to ROM without KAT and could change all the settings, also tested by the dev that's been updating the ROM and they see the same issue.

I just flashed RaymanFX's CM10 V6 rom + KatKernel and I could change the performance settings fine.
governors and maximum frequencies are changing correctly and such.
Update: I'm still not able to reproduce the performance settings issue you're having,
But I've been able to reproduce the governor settings issue.

It just seems to be a sysfs permission issue.
RaymanFX CM10 rom requires more rights to be able to set the values.
I've ran a diff against its init.rc, and unified the permissions to give the extra permissions for roms that need them.

I've posted a version c that includes that change.
Could you try 56c_lidpatch and see if that fixes your issue ?

I nave also the same problem with aokp milestone 1 JB, same version. I used 56b_lidpatch and force close settings in memory tab.
So I think is really a bug or something and not related to only 1 user.
Thanks for your feedback

ok thanks for the info :)
When you say "memory tab" you mean the storage menu ?

I will download it and see if I can spot something special with that rom.
it'll have to wait a bit though as I'm on the 3G currently ;)

In the meantime, do you know where it mounts the MicroSD / SD / USBDisk by default ?
That was the issue that was making the storage settings crash with the other CM10 roms,
if the paths were not pre-created it was crashing.

It's most likely something similar but different paths with AOKP.

airon11

Jun 27, 2007
Update: I'm still not able to reproduce the performance settings issue you're having,

I've ran a diff against its init.rc, and unified the permissions to give the extra permissions for roms that need them.

ok thanks for the info :)
When you say "memory tab" you mean the storage menu ?

I will download it and see if I can spot something special with that rom.
it'll have to wait a bit though as I'm on the 3G currently ;)

In the meantime, do you know where it mounts the MicroSD / SD / USBDisk by default ?
That was the issue that was making the storage settings crash with the other CM10 roms,
if the paths were not pre-created it was crashing.

It's most likely something similar but different paths with AOKP.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I solved the problem simply creating the mountpoints.
By default everything is mounted in /storage
I added /storage/usbdisk2 that was missing and now everything OK.
In memory tab of settings there are predefined storage mounts and there was one more than the mountpoints in the filesystem.
Thanks for the help!

Edit: the only problem is hat the folder won't survive a reboot...I created with filesystem in rw but after a reboot it is gone..how can I create it in a persistent way?
Thanks

Last edited:

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for pointing that out.
I solved the problem simply creating the mountpoints.
By default everything is mounted in /storage
I added /storage/usbdisk2 that was missing and now everything OK.
In memory tab of settings there are predefined storage mounts and there was one more than the mountpoints in the filesystem.
Thanks for the help!

Ah yeah that was it then, it makes sense,
as for other CM10 roms they use usbdisk0 & 1 , that was what I had added.
It would seem that AOKP uses 1 & 2.

I've uploaded version d of the KatKernel zip that creates usbdisk0-1-2 in /storage/
That should do it I guess ;)
Damn, version c has been the shortest life version ever, long live version d ! ;P

Do you mind flashing 56d_Lidpatch on your AOKP and check that it solves the storage settings crash ?

Last edited:
Reactions: funnycreature

airon11

Jun 27, 2007
as for other CM10 roms they use usbdisk0 & 1

I've uploaded version d of the zip that creates usbdisk0-1-2 in /storage/
Damn version c has been the shortest life version ever, long live version d ! ;P

Do you mind flashing 56d_Lidpatch on your AOKP and check that it solves the storage settings crash ?

I think aokp has one more Mount point...it seems to use usk0 -usb1 -usb2
Anyway I'm going to download d version now and let you know how it works
And thanks for your super fast support!

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Just flashed version d_lidpatch and works flawless in aokp.
Problem solved:)
Thanks again

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
hmm, ok will try that, it used to do that with other CM10 roms, but the B version of the 56_Lidpatch prevented it to do that.
Might be something that AOKP is doing differently compared to the regular other CM10 roms...

Can you confirm that you used the 56B_lidpatch and not the 56_lidpatch version with it ?
Since you had downloaded the 56_Lidpatch version previously maybe you flashed it by mistake instead of the B version ?
Or maybe try again with 56B_lidpatch just to make sure, that'd save me time as AOKP is one of the only version I have not downloaded yet ;))

I deleted 56 before I flashed AOKP with 56b and it says 56b in the settings i think

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

as for other CM10 roms they use usbdisk0 & 1 , that was what I had added.

I've uploaded version d of the KatKernel zip that creates usbdisk0-1-2 in /storage/
Damn, version c has been the shortest life version ever, long live version d ! ;P

Il flash d if a sec

Taomyn

I just put on 56d_lidpatch and it seems to be fine now - many thanks :good:

grgmre

Feb 16, 2012
Tacoma
Just installed 56d_lidpatch. Wow. Noticeably faster and Apex Launcher is smoother than ever. The big surprise was the wi-fi connection. From this area in my home I usually get a weak but usable connection. Instantly after rebooting to this kernel I went from 2 to 4 'bars' on my wireless indicator.

No issues I've seen yet. Great work on this Tim.

Sent from my Transformer using XDA Premium HD app

PeQuEsan

Nov 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Google Pixel 3
Hi timduru,

Glad to see you finally have found a way and time to compile a "lidpatch" style kernel... :)

As I've told you when I was in TeamEOS3, your kernel brings the ROM to a new level of smoothness and audio stability... BUT... Yes... I'm the one with SoDs if you remember... :p That's why I moved to RaymanFX CM10 (currently v6), and finally got rid of SoDs (only very sporadical RRs).I was looking forward to trying your kernel and see if this combination could be more stable... Unfortunatelly, SoDs have come back with it, so I must go back to stock kernel... :(

As before, I'm here if you think we could test "something"... The only clue is that RaymanFX Kernel (inside his CM10 ROMs, or older Harmony Kernels) is the one SoD-Free for me... What are the main differences between both? ¿?

Desde la tablet...

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
System > Power is throwing me a "Settings has stopped" on the current PA release.

With which KatKernel version is it ?

I just flashed the latest PA release + KatKernel56d_Lidpatch and Settings doesn't crash for me.
What I do is go to Settings => System => Power menu, is it where settings is crashing for you ?
I tried to play with the options in there too, and no issue either.

Did you clear /cache and dalvik after flashing too ?

Could someone else with the latest PA + the latest KatKernel_56d_Lidpatch installed confirm if Settings is crashing or not for them ?

Just installed 56d_lidpatch. Wow. Noticeably faster and Apex Launcher is smoother than ever. The big surprise was the wi-fi connection. From this area in my home I usually get a weak but usable connection. Instantly after rebooting to this kernel I went from 2 to 4 'bars' on my wireless indicator.

No issues I've seen yet. Great work on this Tim.

Good to hear :)
thanks for the report :)

Last edited:

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
Now i dont know if this is a kernel problem or a Rom problem but when you set WiFi on auto off (sleep policy) it won't reconnect / turn ons after deep sleep and the settings are fc. After a restart everything is ok though.... Using raymanfx's latest cm build.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Now i dont know if this is a kernel problem or a Rom problem but when you set WiFi on auto off (sleep policy) it won't reconnect / turn ons after deep sleep and the settings are fc. After a restart everything is ok though.... Using raymanfx's latest cm build.
I think I've seen quite a few reporting that in his thread with his default kernel,
and I you look in the #1 post in his thread I guess that's why he says to leave that settings to "wifi always on" for his rom.
So most likely a rom bug.

As a general rule guys, before reporting a potential issue with XXXX Rom + KatKernelYYY. (remember to give the versions you used too)
It'd be better if you test it with the Rom's default kernel first and see if you have the same issue.
If the default rom has the same issue, then report the issue in the Rom's thread and not here.

That'd really save me time. :)
Flashing / switching roms to check things is very time consuming and bothering as I can't use my TF101 during that time.
So if you can save me a flashing, you'll get KatBonus point ;P

st0nedpenguin

Jun 13, 2011
With which KatKernel version is it ?

I just flashed the latest PA release + KatKernel56d_Lidpatch and Settings doesn't crash for me.
What I do is go to Settings => System => Power menu, is it where settings is crashing for you ?
I tried to play with the options in there too, and no issue either.

Did you clear /cache and dalvik after flashing too ?

Could someone else with the latest PA + the latest KatKernel_56d_Lidpatch installed confirm if Settings is crashing or not for them ?

I'm running the latest Lidpatch kernel but I did have the exact same issue with the previous PA release using the stock kernel so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ROM issue.

I'll try a wipe and reflash later to see if that makes any difference.

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
I think I've seen quite a few reporting that in his thread with his default kernel,
and I you look in the #1 post in his thread I guess that's why he says to leave that settings to "wifi always on" for his rom.
So most likely a rom bug.

As a general rule guys, before reporting a potential issue with XXXX Rom + KatKernelYYY. (remember to give the versions you used too)
It'd be better if you test it with the Rom's default kernel first and see if you have the same issue.
If the default rom has the same issue, then report the issue in the Rom's thread and not here.

That'd really save me time. :)
Flashing / switching roms to check things is very time consuming and bothering as I can't use my TF101 during that time.
So if you can save me a flashing, you'll get KatBonus point ;P
Sorry, I was in kind of a hurry, so that is why I posted a short "bug" list.

I'm running Raymanfx's v6 for some time now (since version v4) and I always had this bug so I did had the option on that it shoudn't disconnect in deep sleep.

Since I'm now running the lastest version of CM10 (latest nightly) with your latest kernel (56d) and wanted to test if this was still the case with my "new" setup, so yeah it's still present.

Rom inuse:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34026084#post34026084

Kernel inuse:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1480954&stc=1&d=1352890333

Shoud I get a logcat, meby that is usefull? (when do I start the logcat to be as accurately as possible)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    KatKernel - TF101
    Kernel | SOD/RR fix | CPU OC | GPU OC | UV | CIFS | IPTABLES | TUN | FSYNC on/off

Hi everyone :)
    I'm moving the KatKernel into its own dedicated thread.
    See post #2 for more details.

Hopefully it helps to avoid confusion between the K.A.T app and the KatKernel :)
    That will also allow easier reports as I'll know which one you're talking about when you post ;)

(Remember to post the kernel version & the rom version when you report)

Latest versions : (flash in recovery & wipe /cache + dalvik )
    JellyBean 4.1.*:
    KatKernel_69.zip
    KatKernel_70_Lidpatch.zip

JellyBean 4.2.*:
    KatKernel_107_JB4.2_Lidpatch.zip
    KatKernel_106b_JB4.2_Lidpatch_CM10.1.zip
    with adhoc support:
    KatKernel_103_adhoc_JB4.2_Lidpatch.zip

JellyBean 4.3.*:
    KatKernel_109c_JB4.3_Lidpatch.zip

KitKat 4.4.*:
    Tim_KatKernel_118_JB4.4_Lidpatch.zip

Lollipop 5.0.*:
    Tim_KatKernel_118c_LP5.0.zip
    Tim_KatKernel_118c_invertstorage_LP5.0.zip

Lollipop 5.1.*:
    Tim_KatKernel_120_LP5.1.zip
    Tim_KatKernel_120_invertstorage_LP5.1.zip
    *NEW*

See post #3 for compatibility list and to see which zip to choose (depends on if the rom is implementing the Lidpatch or not)
    It includes KatKernel & KatBoost.

Changelog:

Please don't repackage or redistribute the zips in another thread, as it'll just make it very difficult for me to maintain and understand user feedback if your repackaged version is broken, has too many differences or is outdated.

Sources: https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel
    Credits:
    - Guevor for his kernel
    - K900 for the lidpatch
    - KatKernel & KatBoost:
    The main goal of these is to try to improve the overall responsiveness of the User interface, improve multitasking and try to avoid I/O jam.
    It includes misc config changes and tweaks (some are backported from the other roms I modified for the tablet I had before the TF101.)
    New IO schedulers versions added, including Deadline and BFQ V4 (set by default).
    Compiled with the latest Linaro toolchain.
    The Kernel was based onto Guevor's kernel. so it's overclockable.

Will see also about improving stability too if there's some issues.
    But currently running at 1400MHz with SD card and microSD I don't have any RR or SOD.
    (Only thing to know is that sometime if the tablet has just gone into a sleep cycle, you'll have to wait for a few seconds before you can wake it up, so just press again to wake it up)

Main Features:
    General: CPU Overclockable, Vdd, GPU overclocked to 425, fuse, swap, cifs, nfs, cgroups, netfilter/iptables, tunneling, xpad
    CPU Governors: performance, powersave, ondemand, interactive, conservative, lagfree, smartassV2
    I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, cfg, sio, bfqV4, row (default)
    TCP Congestion: Veno, cubic, westwood, yeah, vegas
    FSYNC: disable(default) / enable with: echo 0/1 > /sys/class/misc/fsynccontrol/fsync_enabled
    (0=disabled=faster, if you have a stable TF101 and no reboots, you should be good to go with it disabled, just make sure you turn it off cleanly.
    it is however slightly less safe, and dataloss could occur under rare circumstances if you reboot and that changes were not written to disk for example, but you still lose date even with it on in that case anyway...)
    If you want to reenable permanently you can flash this after the kernel: fsync_on.zip

About Overclocking: keep in mind that overclocking depends on different parameters, one of them being a good power supply / battery.
    So if your battery reach low levels: Stop overclocking as it will usually not be able to delivery stable power.
    My advice for low battery levels would be:
    - below 30%: stop overclocking (you can put a profile for that in cpu master for example)
    - below 15%: you might even want to slightly underclock it. (especially if you use a bunch of stuff that is eating power, like bluetooth, wifi, sd & microsd).

- KatKernel_Lidpatch
    Contains KatKernel & KatBoost with the additionnal logic revert for the dock lid
    It also adds a sysfs interface for it.
    See K900 post about it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1883241
    It is required for the roms that have implemented the reverted lid logic.
    KatKernel_XX.zip
    JB 4.1.x - TeamEOS3 #68-70-72-73-74
    JB 4.1.x - TeamEOS3 #76-77-78-79-80-81 (Kernel version 47b minimum required)
    JB 4.1.x - erickwill CM10 - 20121107
    JB 4.1.x - makelegs JELLYBRO - 20121109
    JB 4.1.x - CM10 Nightlies - 20121116-20121130 (Kernel version 69 minimum required)

KatKernel_XX_Lidpatch.zip
    JB 4.1.x - RaymanFX CM10 - V6-V7
    JB 4.1.x - mattmanwrx ParanoidAndroid - STABLE-5
    JB 4.1.x - RaymanFX LiquidSmoothV2.0 - RC7
    JB 4.1.x - K900 AOKP
    JB 4.1.x - RaymanFX CM10- gierdo nightlies

KatKernel_XX_JB4.2_Lidpatch.zip
    JB 4.2.x - TeamEOS4
    JB 4.2.x - KatKiss-4.2.2

KatKernel_XX_JB4.3_Lidpatch.zip
    JB 4.3.x - KatKiss-4.3

KatKernel_XX_KK4.4_Lidpatch.zip
    KK 4.4.x - KatKiss-4.4.x

KatKernel_XX_JB4.2_Lidpatch_CM10.1.zip
    JB 4.2.x - josteink 10.1 builds

(Confirmed Working - Works partially or with manual action - Not Working)
    New JB 4.2 version 85

attachment.php
    New version for JB4.2 available for Download: Tim_KatKernel_85_JB4.2_Lidpatch.zip

Main Changes:
    - BFQ V5r1 ioscheduler + EQM
    - increase available entropy (just in case it's not placebo ;) )
    - avoid entropy depletion
    - Input lag decrease
    - Add more HID devices support
    - activate auto-trim on /data

In less technical terms, this version should be faster & make the overall rom more responsive :)
    And also bring more compatibility with HID devices.

Test & report how it feels, just to make sure it's not placebo and my mind playing tricks ;P