• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[KERNEL][JUL.17]Bricked-3.0|3.0.36|v1.4|cmdline|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|bad ass

alhuang69

May 28, 2008
Hong Kong
srsly? directly above your post are two possibilities!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

That cannot be. nothing changed in v0.7, v0.8 or v0.86 that's even remotely connected to the wifi. Please check again.
Thanks for your reply. I did swap the v0.7 and v0.86 several times but the outcome are the same.... very poor WiFi signal.
I will do Full-Wipe again and re-flash the IC 2.5.3 and then Kernel v0.86 again.

D69K

Nov 17, 2009
Riyadh
I really hate people who rate threads before they even see what it offers !!

FOR ME & i think a lot of other people, this is by far the BEST kernel i have ever used on my Sensation and together with IC, it's FLYING.

for me ARHD+Faux isn't as smooth as IC+Bricked.
when i used ARHD+faux or IC+faux i had to wait about 24 hours for the device to feel the smoothness and sometimes it is not smooth at all.

but with IC+bricked it was smooth from the moment i finished the setup and i've been using it for about a week now :).

and keep in mind i always full wipe before using any ROM or Kernel
so both setups were fresh installs !!

haven't tried ARHD+bricked yet but am already satisfied with the current setup IC+Bricked :)

3.92 rating is really not fare and doesn't do justice to this Kernel

people shouldn't rate this thread before they try the kernel

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
ROM- HTC Sensation XE 1.72.401.1 | Stock | Rooted | 17/09/2011
Kernel- yours last one
CF-Bench Pro...
First of all, there is still information missing.
Furthermore: last version is not an adequate description which version you are using.

It may be the Stock XE Rom that is responsible. There are reports about only 1 cpu being used on stock xe. Which score did you get? And again, which clocks? Have you deleted the post-boot init shell script (a few pages back)?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
That's my ROM and this all seems fine for me - no idea if it's only one CPU in use, though. It's just the stock ROM with no add ons

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

ROM- HTC Sensation XE 1.72.401.1 | Stock | Rooted | 17/09/2011
Kernel- yours last one
CF-Bench Pro...
That's my ROM and I get 11000+ in CF-Bench

durius

May 10, 2004
Peso da Régua
srsly? directly above your post are two possibilities!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

That cannot be. nothing changed in v0.7, v0.8 or v0.86 that's even remotely connected to the wifi. Please check again.
This also happened to me...no connection on wi-fi. Reverting to 0.7

gururise

Feb 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks so much for the excellent Kernel. Been on 0.86-RC1 for 24 hours now without a single sleep-reboot! Wifi working perfect for me... (i'm on InsertCoin 2.5.3)

Is there any difference between 0.86 and 0.86-RC1? Should I upgrade?

Thanks again for all your work!!

artymarty

May 14, 2010
Melbourne
www.marty.com.au
Well, if you didn't realize, he was being sarcastic...

Please be respectful to other members.
And i wasn't being sarcastic? :p

I am very respectful of other members. You may want to have a read of some of my answers to users questions that are extremely detailed and LONG. I not only take the time to answer but also educate them with a why..... Spending time is another form of respect...

However,
I cant resist a bit of a sarcastic prod now and then, which in this case was clearly NOT aimed at ptr_hamilton, but the 'angry mob' that were out to lynch show if he didn't pull the source code out his bum in 2 seconds flat last time.

So. :p to you good sir, with a cherry on top.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using xda premium

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks so much for the excellent Kernel. Been on 0.86-RC1 for 24 hours now without a single sleep-reboot! Wifi working perfect for me... (i'm on InsertCoin 2.5.3)

Is there any difference between 0.86 and 0.86-RC1? Should I upgrade?

Thanks again for all your work!!
It's the same.

doctorlirio

Apr 6, 2011
Madrid (Spain)
Insert Coin 2.5.3 + Bricked 0.86 OnDemand @ 1.83Ghz 1312.5 mV

Insert Coin 2.5.3 + Bricked 0.86 OnDemand @ 1.83Ghz 1300 mV

Nice job show-p!!! :p

I'm doing some testing with different voltages and CPU speeds, I believe there is some thermal throttling getting in the way of higher benchmarks, because results are inconsistent. Sometimes you use a higher clock and get lower scores, and even with the same clock you usually get lower scores doing succesive tests, as if the CPU was slowing down reaching some temp. The more I lower the voltage, more consistent are succesive tests at the same clock speed. 1275mV seems to be the lowest i can use in my device and be stable @ 1.83 Ghz., anything lower and it reboots. 1.89 Ghz is not stable in my device at any voltage, I only managed to finish the test once at that speed and got low results with CF-Bench (that's when i started to think there's thermal throttling involved in the inconsistent results and started testing)

I also think that thermal throttling appears a little bit too soon, the phone never hangs when you use a too high clock, instead it reboots. I'm not using the highest voltage values, if i do the phone reboots so I think it's a temperature limit i've reached, not clock speed limit (higher voltage should allow for more speed). When the phone reboots it usually does it when testing "java memory write", I suppose that part of the bench stresses the CPU in a very intense way.

The phone gets hot while doing the tests, but i've seen it running much hotter before when i had the stock ROM and certainly does not feel too hot to the touch. I'm going to let it run at 1.83 Ghz for some time at 1300mV and see if it's completely stable.

ptr_hamilton

Aug 1, 2010
And i wasn't being sarcastic? :p

However,
I cant resist a bit of a sarcastic prod now and then, which in this case was clearly NOT aimed at ptr_hamilton, but the 'angry mob' that were out to lynch show if he didn't pull the source code out his bum in 2 seconds flat last time.
I know what you're talking about :) Didn't feel offended, btw
I thinks those people are the same that gave them low ratings to this thread, just to say f**k u to show-p
Nevertheless this kernel and also the way show-p helps people in this thread is awesome!

Btw thank you a lot show-p, I'm not having any issue, but a really fast Rom with your kernel combined with ic!

Reactions: show-p1984

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Insert Coin 2.5.3 + Bricked 0.86 OnDemand @ 1.83Ghz 1312.5 mV

Insert Coin 2.5.3 + Bricked 0.86 OnDemand @ 1.83Ghz 1300 mV

Nice job show-p!!! :p

I'm doing some testing with different voltages and CPU speeds, I believe there is some thermal throttling getting in the way of higher benchmarks, because results are inconsistent. Sometimes you use a higher clock and get lower scores, and even with the same clock you usually get lower scores doing succesive tests, as if the CPU was slowing down reaching some temp. The more I lower the voltage, more consistent are succesive tests at the same clock speed. 1275mV seems to be the lowest i can use in my device and be stable @ 1.83 Ghz., anything lower and it reboots. 1.89 Ghz is not stable in my device at any voltage, I only managed to finish the test once at that speed and got low results with CF-Bench (that's when i started to think there's thermal throttling involved in the inconsistent results and started testing)

I also think that thermal throttling appears a little bit too soon, the phone never hangs when you use a too high clock, instead it reboots. I'm not using the highest voltage values, if i do the phone reboots so I think it's a temperature limit i've reached, not clock speed limit (higher voltage should allow for more speed). When the phone reboots it usually does it when testing "java memory write", I suppose that part of the bench stresses the CPU in a very intense way.

The phone gets hot while doing the tests, but i've seen it running much hotter before when i had the stock ROM and certainly does not feel too hot to the touch. I'm going to let it run at 1.83 Ghz for some time at 1300mV and see if it's completely stable.
Thank you for your intensive testing, I am seeing this too, well it doesn't have a large heatsink on it so this was expectable :D
Let me know if it is stable!

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone