• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [Jun6] [flo/deb] Bulletproof 2.2 | Optimized stock | S2W/DT2W

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I re-downloaded 2.0 and flashed it again. I select the language and the next screen says "Select Wi-Fi" and "Turning Wi-Fi on" and it just sits there.

What am I missing?

Did you do a fresh install? Get everything up and running pure stock.

Once you have it all working, do a nandroid backup, then try installing Bulletproof. If it goes wrong you can restore your backup.

I installed the stock kit kat rom and Bulletproof installed and ran just fine, no issues with wifi.

Reactions: Pneumatic

Pneumatic

Jul 18, 2010

Once you have it all working, do a nandroid backup, then try installing Bulletproof. If it goes wrong you can restore your backup.

I installed the stock kit kat rom and Bulletproof installed and ran just fine, no issues with wifi.

Yeah... I kind of screwed up there. I was already happily using Bulletproof and didn't back anything up before upgrading (a mistake I won't make again). I may have screwed things up when I upgraded to 2.0 and THEN applied the stock update (to get rid of the notification) then 2.0 again. When I noticed I had no Wi-Fi, I wiped everything and installed again. I just wiped again and installed a freshly downloaded 2.0 and it's still stuck on the "Wi-Fi" screen. Now, however, it says "To see available networks turn Wi-Fi on" but there are no options to do so.

I will try to find a stock install.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

All sorted. Installing 4.4 again did the trick for enabling Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your work on this. :)

Reactions: iFlasher

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011

I think this is a growing issue with the nexus 7 my WiFi does the same thing. I read in other forums and this is now the 4 th person.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Onraad

Apr 27, 2009
Huis ter Heide
I'm having some problems with battery drain after I flashed this kernel. I checked BBS and there are a lot of wakelocks for AudioMix. Lockscreen/touch sounds are turned off. I can post some screenshots if necessary. Anyone else having these problems?

vinscuzzy

Mar 5, 2006
Wifi breaks for me too when installing this kernel. I tried everything Ive read or could think of. Restored a working backup, let restart, reboot and flash Bulletproof, no wifi. Wiped dalvik, fixed permissions still no Wifi. I even tried Elemental-X, and same issue. Any ideas on how to fix? Oh yeah, Im using Omni rom with TWRP

Last edited:

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Just installed over CR 2.1 and wifi is working with no problems. Seems nice and fast.

CleanRom was installed over stock 4.4 and no other kernel flashed until this one.

quickstang

Sep 2, 2009
No WiFi issues here. Factory wiped from 4.3, installed clean rom, plus this kernel & no problems.

Sent from my iphone killing Galaxy Nexus running whatever kernel & rom I feel like. For the love of everyone on forums READ BEFORE YOU POST.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Wifi breaks for me too when installing this kernel. I tried everything Ive read or could think of. Restored a working backup, let restart, reboot and flash Bulletproof, no wifi. Wiped dalvik, fixed permissions still no Wifi. I even tried Elemental-X, and same issue. Any ideas on how to fix? Oh yeah, Im using Omni rom with TWRP

You didn't try the one thing that will fix your problem: a dirty flash :)

I suspect you previously had the wifi hack that allowed 4.3 kernels to run on 4.4

vinscuzzy

Mar 5, 2006
You didn't try the one thing that will fix your problem: a dirty flash :)

I suspect you previously had the wifi hack that allowed 4.3 kernels to run on 4.4

I thought a dirty flash was flashing without doing a factory wipe, if not, what is a diry flash? Not wiping dalvick and cache?

And as far as a WiFi hack, I didn't install/flash one at all. I was using the stock kernel that came with Omni ROM. In fact this is the first separate kernel I've ever flashed on my nexus. I've always used the stock ones that came with each ROM.:confused:

Grizzly420

May 31, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Great job man Super smooth. I freaking love the tap to wake. I actually just loaded up the M7 with bulletproof also.

I have stayed with stock because it's been so damn good, but great job. Hope I don't get any weird wake locks. That's been my experience with custom kernels usually start getting weird wake locks, etc. Damn this is smooth just typing is big improvement. Thank you for time and efforts.

Sent from my AOSP on Flo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    p1864072276.jpg

Bulletproof Kernel

Bulletproof is an enhanced stock kernel designed to be simple and stable. It is highly optimized for smooth performance and extended battery life and extends functionality with sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, USB fastcharge and option to disable the magnetic lid sensor.​

Code:
    [COLOR="black"]
    * Standard disclaimer: 
    * Your warranty is now void.  Use at your own risk.
    * In other words: It is your choice to use this software,
    * I am not responsible for any damage or problems![/COLOR]

FEATURES
    • compatible with flo (wifi only) or deb (lte version)
    • easy installation and configuration with Aroma installer
    • optimized for extended battery life
    • linaro 4.9.1 -O3 build
    • complete user voltage control
    • sweep2wake
    • doubletap2wake
    • enable/disable magnetic on/off
    • optional USB fastcharge
    • NTFS r/w support

DOWNLOAD

Android 4.4.3
    Bulletproof-N7-2.2

Android 4.4.1 and 4.4.2:
    Bulletproof-N7-2.1

Android 4.4:
    Bulletproof-N7-2.0

Android 4.3
    Bulletproof-N7-1.4

For more options and tweaking, try my other kernel: ElementalX

Previous version:
    Bulletproof-N7-1.3
    Bulletproof-1.2
    Bulletproof-1.1
    Bulletproof-1.0

INSTALLATION
    1. Install zip from Recovery
    2. Reboot!

Please hit the Thanks button if you download this

If you really like it, please consider a donation as a small reward for the countless hours I spend creating this work.

Thanks to those who have donated!

NOTES

Kernel Tuner/TricksterMod, etc
    You don't need these apps because the Bulletproof installer sets everything up automatically, but if you want to check or change settings, you can use these apps. Just be aware that some of them (e.g. Kernel Tuner) are set by default to apply settings on boot, which can interfere with the settings you chose in the Bulletproof installer.

Sweep2Wake
    Sweep2wake (S2W) allows you to wake up your device by swiping your finger across the capacitive buttons from left to right. Swiping from right to left will put it back to sleep (sweep2sleep). The options are: sweep2wake/sweep2sleep, sweep2sleep only, and disabled. If you use apps such as Kernel Tuner, the sweep2sleep only option can be selected by choosing "On with backlight".

/sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

0=disabled
    1=enable sweep2wake + sweep2sleep
    2=enable sweep2sleep only

Shortsweep
    Enabling this makes sweep2wake work with a shorter sweep distance. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

/sys/android_touch/shortsweep
    0 = disabled
    1 = enabled

DoubleTap2Wake
    DoubleTap2Wake (DT2W) allows you to wake the device by double tapping in the bottom inch or so of the screen, above the capacitive buttons.

/sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

0=disabled
    1=enable doubletap2wake

CPU voltages
    CPU voltages are fully customisable with apps such Kernel Tuner or Trickster Mod. Be careful, lowering voltages can cause instability. Generally, having reboots while the phone is asleep is a sign that your minimum voltage is too low. The minimum voltage allowed is 700mV.

Be careful with undervolting. If you have bluetooth or sound issues, try increasing the minimum voltage.

NTFS support
    This is for anyone who wants to use OTG to connect a USB stick or portable harddrive formatted with Microsoft's NTFS filesystem. You may need Stickmount or a similar app to mount.

CHANGELOG

December 7, 2013 - Bulletproof-N7-2.1
    -support Android 4.4.1

November 21, 2013 - Bulletproof-N7-2.0
    -support Android 4.4 (kitkat)
    -support USB 3g dongles

October 15, 2013 - Bulletproof-1.4
    -update installer
    -add S2W power key suspend toggle
    -add options to disable sweep2sleep in portrait or landscape mode
    -add battery life extender (thanks tni_andro)
    -battery guage enhancements (thanks tni_andro)
    -kexec-hardboot patch (for multirom)

September 26, 2013 - Bulletproof-1.3
    -qseecom: Fix issue with incomplete command exiting prematurely

August 27, 2013 - Bulletproof-1.2
    -add faux sound support

August 23, 2013 - Bulletproof-1.1
    -update touch firmware to A042
    -disable pack feature for Hynix part

August 18, 2013 - Bulletproof-1.0
    -cleanup from other kernels
    -option to disable magnetic on/off
    -installer ensures mpdecision and thermald are present
    -build -O3 with linaro 4.8 toolchain
    -add TCP congestion control algorithms
    -update ARM topology
    -add cpu_power driver
    -Makefile optimizations
    -hsic wakelock tweak
    -optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    -lower possible voltage to 700
    -add /dev/frandom
    -ntfs r/w support
    -fast rcu nohz
    -intellidemand governor
    -add FIOPS and SIO i/o schedulers
    -force fastcharge
    -voltage control
    -sweep2wake
    -doubletap2wake

SOURCE
    Bulletproof-flo

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bulletproof Kernel | Optimized stock | S2W/DT2W, Kernel for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    flar2
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-06

Created 2013-08-18
    Last Updated 2014-06-08
    Update!

This updates the kernel to Android 4.4.3. Works with Stock/AOSP based ROMs. As before, it does not work with CM/CAF based ROMs.

Download:
    Bulletproof-N7-2.2

Changes:
    -update for Android-4.4.3
    1.4 bulletproof

https://db.tt/ugzOCv7r

:thumbup:

will remove when links working / as requested
    I'm calling this a beta because it's new, but everything should work. I tested this on stock Android 4.4 Kit Kat using TWRP recovery.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Download:

Bulletproof-N7-2.0 *BETA*

Changes:
    -update to Android 4.4 (kitkat)
    -support USB 3G dongles
    I will update once the source is released.