I present to you: Kali NetHunter 3.15.4 for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
If you don't know what Kali NetHunter is, well, it's the entire Kali Linux operating system in a chroot on your phone, plus a bunch of awesome apps for executing exploits, fixing things, doing cool things. It goes on, I suppose.
I'm gonna be honest guys, I'm not a security person. When it comes to security, I'm more of a Paul Blart.
What I do know though, is that there is apt-get, and apt-get is life.
Find much more information here: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki
The answer to all your questions, generally the answer is YES, IT CAN DO THAT.
Most ROMs should be supported, as our installer uses a dynamic patching method on your current boot image!
The NetHunter installer zip will add a few files to your /system partition, and install all of the NetHunter apps to your /data partition.
The chroot is located in /data/local/nhsystem, so you don't have to worry about your system partition being full. It's full read/write capable.
Understand that the zip will replace your current kernel with a completely different one.
This is necessary because most stock or custom kernels don't provide the drivers needed to operate most of Kali NetHunter's features.
NetHunter also includes its own Busybox that gives you full large file support and some extra applets.
It will not overwrite your current one, and will happily install alongside it as busybox_nh.
Current version: 3.15.4 (stable, 2017-02-02)
Please be careful to download the right version based on this table:
OnePlus 3: kernel-nethunter-oneplus3-nougat
OnePlus 3T: kernel-nethunter-oneplus3-nougat
All others be sad.
For the apps, chroot, and everything other than just the kernel, you will also need to download:
See installation instructions before proceeding!
Downloads are available at the official NetHunter build server: http://build.nethunter.com/nightly/
IMPORTANT: The Kali NetHunter installer requires write access to your data partition!
You should back everything up first before installing Kali NetHunter.
The Kali chroot and apps are installed on your data partition (in /data/local/nhsystem for chroot). To initialize the chroot and install Kali Linux, you need to start the Kali NetHunter app.
The generic NetHunter installer will automatically install SuperSU. We try to keep it up to date, but it isn't always.
If you already have SuperSU or another root method installed, please simply delete the supersu.zip from the root of the zip file before installing it.
** If modifying the installer zip, you will have to disable ZIP signature verification as modifications will break it.
It's recommended that you restore or flash your ROM's original kernel before installing NetHunter.
FULL INSTALLATION STEPS
- Install Team Win Recovery Project to your recovery partition.
- Recommended: If you have a custom kernel or SuperSU installed, restore your stock kernel. (called Boot in TWRP)
This isn't entirely necessary, but you may need to flash the NetHunter kernel again if SuperSU replaces it.
- For new installations: Download the nethunter-generic-arm64-kalifs zip.
For upgrades: Download the update-nethunter-generic-arm64 zip.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the NetHunter generic arm64 installer zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
- Download the kernel-nethunter zip specific to your device.
Without exiting TWRP, transfer the NetHunter kernel installer zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
- Wait 2-5 minutes for your device to finish setting itself up.
- Open the NetHunter app to initialize the environment
- You're done!
UPDATING TO A NEWER BUILD OR UPDATING YOUR ROM
Follow the installation steps above. NetHunter can be installed over itself as many times as you'd like.
If you don't want to lose your chroot, flash the smaller update-nethunter-generic-arm64 zip instead.
The OnePlus 3/3T internal wireless does not support monitor mode. This means you'll need to use an OTG adapter and a wireless card that does.
I highly recommend these two items:
Alfa Networks AWUS036NEH: https://smile.amazon.com/802-11g-Wireless-Long-Rang-Network-Adapter/dp/B0035GWTKK/
iXCC USB Type-C to Type-A OTG adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/iXCC-Adapter-Charge-Supported-Devices/dp/B017TJN22C/
* I am not affiliated with these sellers
The AWUS036NEH is the most tested and stable adapter available, and also comes in a very convenient portable form factor allowing antenna swaps for greater scanning ranges.
The iXCC USB adapter is compliant with USB Type-C specifications and provides up to USB 3.1 Gen 2 compatibility. It's also well built.
I don't recommend using smaller OTG adapters - they can break your ports if you accidentally put too much pressure on them or your phone falls with them plugged in.
The NetHunter kernel for the OnePlus 3 & 3T is based on OnePlus's OxygenOS 4.0.2 GitHub kernel sources.
It has the following changes:
- Rebased on top of CodeAurora msm-3.18 for msm8996 7.0 tag: LA.UM.5.5.r1-02500-8x96.0 (2017-01-22)
- Updated to the latest Linux mainline stable - 3.18.47
- SELinux Permissive (required for DriveDroid until I fix policy injection rules, it will pretend to be Enforcing)
- Tuxera exFAT drivers replaced with Samsung's latest open-source exFAT drivers
- Enabled USB (OTG) Atheros, Ralink, and Realtek WiFi drivers
- FIOPS IO scheduler as default IO scheduler, SIO available
- DriveDroid compatibility
- USB HID Gadget keyboard & mouse support
- mac80211 packet injection support
- savoca's KCAL color calibration driver built in
- Additional drivers built in for the full Kali NetHunter experience
- Data partition encryption optional
- Kernel module support, insert your own modules! (modprobe available in Kali chroot)
- CIFS, NFS, USB serial available through included kernel modules
- VerifiedBoot=green status hack to pass SafetyNet (may not work with SuperSU, remove SuperSU from the installer if this is important!)
RAN INTO AN ISSUE OR BUG?
In order for me to help you, you have to at minimum reply with:
- The link to the exact zip you downloaded
- Your device model
- The name of the ROM you're flashing it on
- The version and build date of the ROM you're flashing it on
- A complete description of your problem
For Kali NetHunter bugs/issues, you can open a ticket at: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/issues
If your issue is during the installation (ex. flashing the NetHunter zip), then please collect a TWRP recovery.log for me.
If you found a problem and were able to fix it, and no one's mentioned it in the thread already, it would be kind to state the issue and your fix for others to make use of as well.
You can join me and the other NetHunter developers on IRC at the #nethunter room on freenode to more handily diagnose problems together.
I apologize, but I can't do house calls at this time.
- USB Keyboard - The keyboard is unusable when using Google Keyboard as your input method. Switch to Hacker's Keyboard.
You can see the main branch of NetHunter's development on the Offensive Security GitHub: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
Kali NetHunter Official device updates: https://github.com/offensive-security/nethunter-devices/commits
OnePlus 3T NetHunter kernel source: https://github.com/jcadduono/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996/commits/nethunter-7.0
If you wish to donate to the NetHunter project, you can donate directly to me through the Donate button under my name.
This will generally go towards supporting my next flagship device purchase, which will receive NetHunter and TWRP support from myself.
You can also use "Basenji Rescue and Transport" as your Amazon Smile charity and that will make me really happy!
(in my avatar, if you see a dog, that's a Basenji!)
I am not affiliated with Offensive Security. They seem like cool guys though.
I'm not even a novice when it comes to security and penetration. I'm just a simple system administrator with a passion for breaking Android.
Please restrain yourselves from asking me security related questions.
Kali NetHunter for the OnePlus 3 & 3T, Kernel for the OnePlus 3T
jcadduono, The Kali NetHunter team
Source Code: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: 3.15.4
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-02
Last Updated 2017-02-03