• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] kernel-plus for Nokia 6 (PLE)

Search This thread

cbkings

Feb 3, 2018
Nokia 6
Hey! Just wanted to inform you that the new kernel release (plus_v1.5) got all the drivers built into the kernel image. Hopefully now the Wi-Fi will work on stock Pie ROM.

Please give an update if you're trying it out!

Thanks for the reply!

>but GUI is messed up

Have you tampered the GPU drivers? You can try to wipe the GPU cache (also the /cache partition and runtime (dalvik) cache) to fix issues with broken UI elements

I checked it but wifi is still not working.. :confused:

xaedoplay.modder.xda

May 24, 2017
Nokia 6
Thanks for ur efforts.
Can we make a boot.img file?

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I don't want to create a boot.img file for the kernel because it's highly specific to the configurations. I use Magisk extensively and have modified several things in the cmdline and ramdisk for several customizations.

Anyways, are you up to be a tester? I'm trying a fix for Wi-Fi on stock ROMs

cbkings

Feb 3, 2018
Nokia 6
Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I don't want to create a boot.img file for the kernel because it's highly specific to the configurations. I use Magisk extensively and have modified several things in the cmdline and ramdisk for several customizations.

Anyways, are you up to be a tester? I'm trying a fix for Wi-Fi on stock ROMs

Yeah im ok with testing. Do u need logs?

Can we use ur kernel source as kernel tree when building a Rom ?

Last edited:

xaedoplay.modder.xda

May 24, 2017
Nokia 6
Yeah im ok with testing. Do u need logs?

Can we use ur kernel source as kernel tree when building a Rom ?

Thanks for your response!

>Yeah im ok with testing
Nice! I will send you a PM later on.

>Do u need logs?
Yes! Especially the boot logcat and kmesg. I want to test and see the culprit

>Can we use ur kernel source as kernel tree when building a Rom ?
Hey, it's a GPLv2 project. Of course everyone can use my sources as long as it doesn't violate the GPLv2 policies (Android does not). But keep in mind that LineageOS prohibits use of customized kernel behaviors so you can't use the "plus-3.18.y" branch for building ROMs (however you can use "linux-3.18.y" which is already properly upstreamed (CAF patches coming later))

hasi26

Oct 23, 2020
hey bro error :01 when i flashed first time flashed device didnt have magisk installed then the next time i first flashed magisk then the kernal zip everything was fine and then rebooted gut stuck in download mode

Kusheida_0w0

Jun 15, 2021
Screenshot_20210615-050720.png
Screenshot_20210615-050743.png
Screenshot_20210615-050758.png

FutureStarz

Aug 16, 2021
I got unsupported device when I flashed this kernel using twrp of experimental project treble with lineage 15.1 installed in my device ta 1021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi OP and testers, are there updates on the development/debug of this kernel? Thanks!