[KERNEL] [L-preview LPX13D] [Code_Blue r1196-L]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
There something weird, when i flash your kernel on that ROM i can't install any apps via ES File Explorer or Root explorer, or by ADB commands. I have to flash any permissive kernel and everything goes fine again

For the 100th time: I don't support custom(or modded) L-preview ROMS!!!

adb install works fine on Google rooted image ( I used to install Tibu and a couple other on first boot), root explorer works fine also I use that to install new apps from google that were not in Play yet.
ES file explorer needs update I think, not even worked with first l-preview.

Last edited:

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
Google Pixel 6
Does the ghost slider indicate what my current max is when getting throttled and the other shows max for when I'm on throttled? How to adjust thermal to start at a higher temp? It throttles it when my phone isn't even hot (40°c)

N5w4wUt.jpg

Hammerhead | L Developer Preview Final

Hey man have you done any UV ?? I had the cpu undervolted with 75mV and that actually was the reason for the throttle to kick in at 55°. I have no idea why and if it has something to do with UV bit reseting the voltage back to stock fixed my issue. Was wondering why the hell games start to lag after some time of playing.

Last edited:

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Since you're pissed off already...is there any Chance of you making a Kernel for the Nexus 7 (2013) once the Final Release of Lollipop has been released?

A Case of Beer costs about 10-15 EUR in Germany, that should be enough to get you plastered. :cool:
Thanks mate, but I only do kernels for devices I have. I don't have a N7...

Sent from my Code_Blue Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
Can anyone help me out
I'm on the vomers build
And flashed the modified kernel to obtain root
My query are
Do i have to reflash the zip i.e. dirty flash it?
After flashing this do i have to reflash super su?
Which app can i use with this kernel to control..?
Cheers??

Reactions: medo159

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Flash mod.boot.img, flash code blue, flash SuperSu, Reboot. There are tons of kernel tweak apps, make your own choice.

medo159

Dec 17, 2006
OnePlus 8 Pro

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
Code_Blue r1196-L

All right crew!

Just pushed an update, Release Candidate.
We are now at a stable point, maybe next week I will begin to push into mainline branch.
In November, Lollipops everywhere :fingers-crossed:

Changelog (incremental):
Code:
[LIST]
[*]cpufreq: Always allow update of user policy
[*]ARM: dts: msm: Increase OCMEM BW request for video decode
[*]ext4: fix memory leak in xattr
[*]msm: kgsl: Add an input handler to power up the GPU on a touch event, Allow GPU start to run in a high priority queue, Fix nice level for higher priority GPU start thread
[*]ARM: dts: msm: increase adsp heap size for msm8974
[*]arm/dt: msm8974: Increase "ib" values for VIDC DDR bandwidth request
[*]net: loopback: set default mtu to 64K
[*]gpiomux-8974: Modify direction of suspended GPIO
[*]lower GPU volt constraints a bit
[*]USB: Set power supply online status to false after cable disconnect
[*]fastcharge: USB Fast Charge for Nexus 5 (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP), Increase battery charging current to use higher input current (on AC mode), Enable proprietary charger detection (e.g. iPhone/iPad charger) and treat it as AC power source
[*]exFAT support
[*]msm: thermal: add my Thermal solution (compatible with new L thermal framework, by franciscofranco)
[*]Removed flash drive automount (use stickmount, ROM doesn't have mount/unmount in storage which can be dangerous)
[*]RD Tweaks
[/LIST]

Get involved, test, play, donate, help, contribute.
You keep the spirit alive!

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it #Code_Blue

Berget

Sep 25, 2013
K-Town
All right crew!

We are now at a stable point, maybe next week I will begin to push into mainline branch.

Changelog (incremental):
Code:
[LIST]
[*]msm: kgsl: Add an input handler to power up the GPU on a touch event, Allow GPU start to run in a high priority queue, Fix nice level for higher priority GPU start thread
[*]fastcharge: USB Fast Charge for Nexus 5 (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP), Increase battery charging current to use higher input current (on AC mode), Enable proprietary charger detection (e.g. iPhone/iPad charger) and treat it as AC power source
[*]exFAT support
[*]msm: thermal: add my Thermal solution (compatible with new L thermal framework, by franciscofranco)
[*]Removed flash drive automount (use stickmount, ROM doesn't have mount/unmount in storage which can be dangerous)
[*]RD Tweaks
[/LIST]

hurray!
galv5Il.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    n9B794

Hi guys! Here comes the first custom kernel in xda for L-preview :)

I'm presenting my personal kernel Code_Blue, that started as an addon for Purity ROM, called Purified Kernel.
    Some of you that know me from other Nexus devices asked me to bring back the project, so I (finally) did.
    My releases are Dragon_Shield powered and I'm going to share them with you.

All I want is full smoothness, performance and battery on my hammerhead, so I build always with Linaro optimized Cortex A15 toolchains.
    This time I aim for a "stockish" feel lean build and for stability purposes I will stay with GCC 4.9.2 for now.
    Code is based of android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-l-preview, forked from android/kernel_msm.
    Useful and powerful picks are mandatory :cool:

Be sure to join Code_Blue users G+ community

Kernel features:

• Build on Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 (Dragon_Shield VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
    • Build with toolchains 2014.09 Linaro Cortex-A15 GCC 4.9.2 by @Christopher83
    • Full -Ofast+graphite support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
    • Based on android-msm-hammerhead-3.4-l-preview + own commits & cherry-picks on demand from several top devs, code aurora, linaro...
    • Kernel compressed with LZ4-r123, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (faster boot times)
    • Removed some debug and logging options
    • Enhanced performance and battery patches
    • Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default)
    • Voltage Control UV_mV_table by @franciscofranco (UV down to 700mV possible)
    • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default)
    • Network and Wifi tweaks
    • Several I/O control (FIOPS is default)
    • Removed stock mpdecision and thermald
    • blu_plug: Dynamic hotplug for hammerhead (based in dyn_hotplug from @stratosk), with screenoff battery saving (max_freq 1190400 @ max dual core)
    • powersaver_mode available (switch usefull on light tasks, set max_freq 1728 MHz @ single core)
    • L msm_thermal by @franciscofranco
    • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines
    • Vibrator Strength tunable (60% default)
    • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (removed doubled freqs, goes to idle @ 27MHz)
    • Gamma Control by @myfluxi, Piereligio_TrueRGBv7 profile by default)
    • LCD_KCAL driver added (RGB calibration by @savoca)
    • Tuned min manual brightness
    • OTG USB flash drives support FAT32, ExFAT and NTFS: use stickmount
    • CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (Drive Droid compatible)
    • Kexec (multirom) full support by @Tasssadar
    • Faux Sound Control, with In-call and headphone volume controls by @faux123 (must use FauxSound beta app v1.2.3 and up)
    • doubletap2wake available (0:disabled, 1:enabled, 2:enabled fullscreen), option to disable with power button or after wake_timeout (based on @flar2 and @showp1984 work)
    • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP, by @flar2), Increase battery charging current to use higher input current (on AC mode by @faux123), proprietary charger detection
    • init.d support (busybox run-parts required)
    • Kernel cleaner script by @neobuddy89
    • Compatible with Kernel Manager, Kernel Tweaker, TricksterMOD, Franco Display Control and FauxSound Control
    • Featured on Rom Directory by @tFrost

Download latest Code_Blue Kernel zip on Test folder, flash in recovery and profit :highfive:
    No mirrors allowed. Don't post hardlinks, use original links.
    Changelog is available @ website also.

Builds are coded as follows:
    • test only for now on tests folder, no changelog, build with Linaro Cortex-A15 4.9.2 to minimize issues in troubleshoot.

Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing Code_Blue zip to avoid problems.
    Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> Boot device -> flash Code_Blue.
    Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

If you like my work and wish to donate, just hit one of the buttons:
    In €

In $

Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @neobuddy89, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @Cl3Kener
    Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and art.

Awesome graphics and design by @ciprianruse88

git source
    Code_Blue r1196-L

All right crew!

Changelog (incremental):
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*]exFAT support
    [*]RD Tweaks
    [/LIST]

Code_Blue r1185 L-Preview

All right crew!

Here's the first release for l-preview LPX13D :highfive:

I preferred to take some time to rebase and clean my source, less is more in this case!
    Hope you appreciate all the work me and my beta posse had on this release.

I will use Chainfire root approach because it's more neutral. Doesn't mean I will not use permissive in the future, but so far my needed root apps work so I'm fine with it.
    I want to see how the community will adapt to this latest changes and we go from there.
    I prefer to maintain all the security I can get, I think root apps (and normal ones too) need to update to all the new stuff Android L: it´s just the way it is, it was like so in the past on major Android release and L is not an exception.

Other than that I decided to remove simple gpu governor, powersaver cpu governor, fast charge and fsync toggle.
    Why? I don't use/need them ;p All the rest stays intact Blue style!

You may have a reboot on first boot if you come from an permissive kernel.
    Changelog is at git source.

Are we ready for Android 5.0 Lollipop (LPX13D)?

Code_Blue_r1181-L-beta_hammerhead.zip created
    Build completed in 5 minute(s) and 57 seconds.

Code_Blue r1034 L-Preview

Hey guys!

Just pushed r1034 to test folder.

This will be the baseline for some time. I will play play awhile with franco sound, maybe we can use while faux sound is out of business.

Changes:
    • Performance improvements and fixes
    • Tweaked intelliactive tunables
    • Enabled logger by default
    • RAMdisk tweaks

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it BLUE