Development **CLOSED***[KERNEL] leanKernel for Fold Z3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Not a Fold 3 owner, so sorry to intrude. I just happened to notice you were crediting StarKissed with the SafetyNet bypass code written by kerneltoast and updated by kdrag0n. I would have posted it as an issue on Github, but they're disabled.

I happened to look around when I was there and also noticed that you probably haven't disabled avb, unless it was luck or you are using code not published.

You removed "CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_DT_OVERLAY=y" from the build command, but did not change the disabled config flag. Your dtb / dtbo changes are skipped. You also aren't copying a dtb / dtbo into the release, so the ones used by the kernel would be the stock version without the avb change.

Reactions: chrisaw

chrisaw

Jun 12, 2007
Not a Fold 3 owner, so sorry to intrude. I just happened to notice you were crediting StarKissed with the SafetyNet bypass code written by kerneltoast and updated by kdrag0n. I would have posted it as an issue on Github, but they're disabled.

I happened to look around when I was there and also noticed that you probably haven't disabled avb, unless it was luck or you are using code not published.

You removed "CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_DT_OVERLAY=y" from the build command, but did not change the disabled config flag. Your dtb / dtbo changes are skipped. You also aren't copying a dtb / dtbo into the release, so the ones used by the kernel would be the stock version without the avb change.
You are ALWAYS welcome here! I was actually looking at your source code the other day - was some really awesome additions - great job!

I'll amend the commit to credit the fine folks you mentioned - thanks for bringing that to my attention! I'll enable issues on GitHub too - must be a default or something that they changed.

The CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_DT_OVERLAY flag you mentioned is actually just present in my build scripts under "KERNEL_MAKE_ENV" - I removed the build_kernel.sh script from the repo entirely.

You are, however, spot on about the fact that the avb changes wont actually happen because I'm not packing up the dtbo - thanks for that! I'll fix that in the next build! :)

• Love
Reactions: twistedumbrella
You are ALWAYS welcome here! I was actually looking at your source code the other day - was some really awesome additions - great job!

I'll amend the commit to credit the fine folks you mentioned - thanks for bringing that to my attention! I'll enable issues on GitHub too - must be a default or something that they changed.

The CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_DT_OVERLAY flag you mentioned is actually just present in my build scripts under "KERNEL_MAKE_ENV" - I removed the build_kernel.sh script from the repo entirely.

You are, however, spot on about the fact that the avb changes wont actually happen because I'm not packing up the dtbo - thanks for that! I'll fix that in the next build! :)

Thanks. I was actually looking through yours to figure out how Knox and SELinux are being handled these days. It's good to see leanKernel. That was always a personal favorite.

I am glad to hear I missed the flag, honestly. I was confused how you had built an Image-dtb without it and starting to question if I was trying to break stuff building for the Flip with it.

• Love
Reactions: chrisaw

chrisaw

Jun 12, 2007
Thanks. I was actually looking through yours to figure out how Knox and SELinux are being handled these days. It's good to see leanKernel. That was always a personal favorite.

I am glad to hear I missed the flag, honestly. I was confused how you had built an Image-dtb without it and starting to question if I was trying to break stuff building for the Flip with it.
If you're interested in these Samsung flipping and folding devices - you should join us on Telegram: https://t.me/infinityflex :)

Topic of the week is, of course, the bootloader disabled camera on the fold z3 but we have some flip users too! I'd know - my wife is one! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Moderator Edit: Content removed at author's request**

If you're interested in these Samsung flipping and folding devices - you should join us on Telegram: https://t.me/infinityflex :)

Topic of the week is, of course, the bootloader disabled camera on the fold z3 but we have some flip users too! I'd know - my wife is one! :D
    First Kernel out - good work!!