• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL][LINARO] Jmz MystUL Kernel v4

Search This thread

1chris89

Yeah only 1.4ghz still...

Is there anyway we can add that high performance wifi option from the JMZMyst roms to a .zip for other roms?

It helped a lot and I'm on MedUSA...

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Over clocking and under clocking Is working

Sent from my SCH-R970 using xda premium

I have the latest installed and it is in fact using the kernel but all cpu apps display 1404mhz max no overclocking....

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Yeah only 1.4ghz still...

Is there anyway we can add that high performance wifi option from the JMZMyst roms to a .zip for other roms?

It helped a lot and I'm on MedUSA...

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I have the latest installed and it is in fact using the kernel but all cpu apps display 1404mhz max no overclocking....

It'll be a while before I can test

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

1chris89

I installed v3 - 7-23-13 and the overclock is working.

The Latest doesn't have the overclock sadly... loving the 1.7ghz

1chris89

*Updates on kernel* /impressions and possible additions & changes

Great kernel firstly!

Kernel defaults to 384 min and 1404 max. Can you have it default to 162 and possibly more than 1728? 1.8Ghz to 1.9Ghz? My phone is cool is 1.728ghz...

Only 792MB Ram Available... Can u tweak it to 996MB or so? I've seen that done before. To unleash the true potential of this glorious device. If I have too many tabs only with the 792MB max ram it simply runs out and closes losing all the tabs.

My phone resets all the time in my pocket if the power button is accidentally held in for a few seconds. Then I have to set the 162 min and 1728 max every time via an app.

Can you disable the button hold feature or at least just make it so when ur in the OS, you have to hold in 30 continuous seconds before it resets. I think its like 5-10 seconds by default and it resets.

Improve or enable the wifi high performance mode in the kernel or enable ultra high wifi performance for ultra fast wifi?

THANKS!! LOVE THIS PHONE AND KERNEL!

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Did you run a factory reset and cache wipe before flashing the kernel?

i did not, i never do that when installing a kernel since on any other divice i had it isnt necessary. is it an htc thing that you have to wipe EVERYTHING before you do ANYTHING at all? dang....i regret buying an htc

i got everything working, wiped everything through recovery and restored an old backup from like 2 months ago.

abrahammmmmmm_

Oct 19, 2013
Salem
i did not, i never do that when installing a kernel since on any other divice i had it isnt necessary. is it an htc thing that you have to wipe EVERYTHING before you do ANYTHING at all? dang....i regret buying an htc

i got everything working, wiped everything through recovery and restored an old backup from like 2 months ago.

I usually only wipe the dalvin cache, I do remember once that it broke my wifi too. Never happened again; maybe it was just a dud.

Or are you s-off? if so you probably didn't flash the boot.img inside the kernel

Last edited:

marzban123

Sep 11, 2010
You should always factory reset and cache wipe before flashing hard mods like new kernels and boot imgs, that's usually the cause for broken wifi.

First off I would like to thank jmz for being one of the few people who have developed for the htc first which is an awesome phone.
I too am having the wifi problem. I have tried a fresh install of both the odexed and deodexed stock roms from jmz. I have extracted and flashed the boot image from the corresponing roms. I have done a wipe before flashing the kernel. I still cant get wifi to work.:confused:
Can anyone help?

procitysam

May 5, 2014
Cincinnati
I'm using the Sense 5 ROM by @sun_dream, and when I flash this kernel, the WiFi won't turn on, and just says "Turning On." Another problem is the "JMZ Settings" in the App Drawer force closes when I try to do anything in it. These problems could be a result of me not being able to S-OFF (I tried with "Moonshine" and it didn't work so help for that would be nice in a PM), but I'm not sure. Thanks for reading.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Jmz TotemC2 Kernel

S-OFF Instructions:
    Download Zip
    Flash zip in recovery
    Profit

S-ON Instructions:
    There are no instructions. S-off is easy. Do it.

Download

Features:
    Kernel Version 3.4.49
    GCC 4.8 -ofast optimized
    Lionheart Governor
    BadAss Governor
    Userspace Governor
    Ondemand Governor
    Performance Governor
    Noop Scheduler
    Deadline Scheduler
    CFQ Scheduler
    FIOPS Scheduler
    Qualcomm ROW Scheduler
    Google Snappy Compression
    Force Fast Charge - Use Jmz Settings app (included in zip) to enable/disable
    Use AC Charging for USB Cables
    Sweep2Wake - Use Jmz Settings app (included in zip) to enable/disable
    OC to 1.728GHz
    Kernel based mpdecision
    Kernel based thermald

Many Many more to come

Changelog:
    v4 - 8-8-13
    ----------------------------------------
    Kernel based mpdecision - Zarboz
    Kernel based thermald - Zarboz
    GCC 4.8 -ofast optimized -Zarboz

v3 - 7-23-13
    Added OC to 1.728GHz - Thanks to Zarboz
    Updated to Linaro 4.8 - Thanks to Zarboz

v2
    Added Sweep2Wake
    Added app to control options

v1
    First Release

Kernel Source: https://github.com/jmztaylor/android_kernel_htc_operaul

zarboz - Pretty much turning into a collaboration kernel between us.
    showp1984 - Helped a lot getting started with this
    maxwen - Advised on some issues
    dsb9938 - cherrypicked some of his commits

Updated kernel. Check OP for changelog.
    Test build:
    http://goo.im/devs/zarboz/OperaUL/HTC_First/current/JmzMyst_Kernel-07-29-13-EXP.zip

Includes:
    Kernel based ThermalD/Mpdecision:
    please move /system/bin/mpdecision -> mpdecision_old and /system/bin/thermald -> thermald_old

Overclockable
    underclockable
    GPU OC
    Updated KGSL Driver from M7
    Updated Adreno Drivers from M7
    Updated QDSPV2 Firmware/Drivers from M7
    Uploaded new kernel. check OP for changes

I did some work on GCC 4.8 compat last night and am working on the other issue although it still eludes me

made a couple patches for clocks not sticking

source is now fully -Ofast optimized or -O3 optimized and has settings for both

i have branched a performance tree as well so users can have a stock then a performance centered build

the performance build will have:
    Kernel based Mpdec
    Kernel based Thermald
    Cmdline control interfacing
    Overclock/Underclock etc