[KERNEL][LineageOS 13/14.1] Steel 6/7 Kernel

Search This thread

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
-STEEL 6/7 KERNEL-
This is my kernel based on the LineageOS stock kernel! I try to keep it as optimized as possible while adding a few features here and there. Suggest or request features, I don't care as long as it's logical. I hope you like it! Everyone has a different taste though.

-CREDITS-
ZaneZam, Lord Boeffla, Yarpiin, anupritaisno1, Pranay Narang, FranciscoFranco, the XOS team, LineageOS, osm0sis, aviraxp and maybe a couple others, i'm sorry if I forgot someone!

-FEATURES-
• CPU underclock to 302mhz on big and little clusters.
• GPU underclock to 27mhz.
• GPU default governor is simple_ondemand.
• Zram disabled.
• CPU Governors: interactive, ondemand and performance.
• Franco wakelock blocker.
• SLIMbus overclock.
• Fingerprint boost.
• Kcal control.
• Spectrum support with 4 preconfigured profiles.
• Headphone audio boost.

-DOWNLOADS-
Google Drive

-COMPATIBILITY-
It is most compatible with LineageOS 14.1/13 and most ROMs based on it. It should work on AOSP/CAF ROMs but not all features are guaranteed.

-BUILD INFO-
I use UBERTC 4.9.4 and Kubuntu Linux 17.

XDA:DevDB Information
Steel 6/7, Kernel for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
Nick80835
Source Code: https://github.com/Nick80835/Steel-Kernel-OP2-Lineage

Kernel Special Features: It boots! :)

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2017-08-01:16
Current Beta Version: ---

Created 2017-06-22
Last Updated 2017-08-01

Last edited:

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Just uploaded an update, I added touchboost back, I removed Boeffla sound and Boeffla controls altogether. I basically refreshed the audio system, still based on PDesireAudio 10.0 due to issues with 10.1. The default IO readahead is now 128kb.

Edit: This kernel works with SuperSU and MagiskSU just fine. I've tested MagiskSU and it passes safetynet. SuperSU doesn't pass safetynet.

Last edited:
Reactions: chxei

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
I'm working on adding LZ4 Fast compression/decompression to my kernel and I was wondering if anybody who may see this could help? Any tips or info are welcome, I'm trying to learn as much as possible. :eek:

Reactions: chxei

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
You need to recover almost every part of Boeffla ramdisk.
I don't plan on doing that so I just removed it. The boeffla config app doesn't provide all the options and functionality that my kernel has so it's really bottlenecking it's array of options. The kernel works fine, flashes fine and builds fine as it is and I see no reason to hold it back in such a way. I based this kernel on Boeffla kernel for a good reason, compatibility with ROMs and his great AnyKernel implementation.

aviraxp

Jun 24, 2016
Beijing
I don't plan on doing that so I just removed it. The boeffla config app doesn't provide all the options and functionality that my kernel has so it's really bottlenecking it's array of options. The kernel works fine, flashes fine and builds fine as it is and I see no reason to hold it back in such a way. I based this kernel on Boeffla kernel for a good reason, compatibility with ROMs and his great AnyKernel implementation.

Then I assume things like swipe2awake are broken now?

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Just uploaded a small update after a long testing period. It's safe to say it's stable for use! I fixed a couple bugs, removed zram compression (not used, a waste of space), removed a little bit of bloat and set some settings to their proper values. :eek:

chxei

Jun 26, 2015
tbilisi
Just uploaded a small update after a long testing period. It's safe to say it's stable for use! I fixed a couple bugs, removed zram compression (not used, a waste of space), removed a little bit of bloat and set some settings to their proper values. :eek:

would be helpful if you state update date in the title of thread

Reactions: Nick80835

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Hey at least implement pdesireaudio correctly

Well I don't feel like publicly saying **** about other's work (since the kernel is really good, awesome job man) but if you really want pdesireaudio working maybe you should pm me

Again nice work man, good kernel

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick80835 and chxei

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -STEEL 6/7 KERNEL-
    This is my kernel based on the LineageOS stock kernel! I try to keep it as optimized as possible while adding a few features here and there. Suggest or request features, I don't care as long as it's logical. I hope you like it! Everyone has a different taste though.

-CREDITS-
    ZaneZam, Lord Boeffla, Yarpiin, anupritaisno1, Pranay Narang, FranciscoFranco, the XOS team, LineageOS, osm0sis, aviraxp and maybe a couple others, i'm sorry if I forgot someone!

-FEATURES-
    • CPU underclock to 302mhz on big and little clusters.
    • GPU underclock to 27mhz.
    • GPU default governor is simple_ondemand.
    • Zram disabled.
    • CPU Governors: interactive, ondemand and performance.
    • Franco wakelock blocker.
    • SLIMbus overclock.
    • Fingerprint boost.
    • Kcal control.
    • Spectrum support with 4 preconfigured profiles.
    • Headphone audio boost.

-DOWNLOADS-
    Google Drive

-COMPATIBILITY-
    It is most compatible with LineageOS 14.1/13 and most ROMs based on it. It should work on AOSP/CAF ROMs but not all features are guaranteed.

-BUILD INFO-
    I use UBERTC 4.9.4 and Kubuntu Linux 17.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Steel 6/7, Kernel for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    Nick80835
    Source Code: https://github.com/Nick80835/Steel-Kernel-OP2-Lineage

Kernel Special Features: It boots! :)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2017-08-01:16
    Current Beta Version: ---

Created 2017-06-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-01
    Version 2017-05-20:18!!!

This update is such wow! Adreno idler has joined us finally, and despair has died due to death. I have changed the default GPU governor back to MSM Adreno TZ and tweaked it and Adreno idler for good battery and gaming. I have included a few patches that should make it a little more optimal if that's even possible, and fingerprint boost is now enabled by default at boot where it previously wasn't. Audio should be less of a hassle and should stutter less.. I hope. If anyone has any issues, please throw them my way and I'll see what I can do! As always, enjoy.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrMGtqUWthOFYwM00/view?usp=drivesdk

Muahahahahaha.

Bonus points for posting your battery life.
    Update version 2017-05-15:16 for Nougat:

• Fixed Kcal glitch @xarisCY
    • Removed chill gov due to instability
    • Overclocking has been fixed
    • Fingerprint boost added
    • Install script changes and fixes
    • All modules disabled besides Hcube

If you have any issues, please report them to me and I'll try to fix them! I'm still not sure how I can fix the broken LED for some people. Enjoy!

:highfive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVXpUYWZVZTlITEU/view?usp=drivesdk
    I had to get this out before tomorrow. Version 2017-05-21:21 is up with a few bug fixes and enhancements to fix what the last build surely broke!

Enjoy and report bugs! :eek: :good:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVFBTX2VSZmtWUlU/view?usp=drivesdk
    Update 2017-08-01:16

Update 2017-08-01:16 is up, just maintenance and updates to the latest LineageOS sources. No promises on stability right now because testing has been thin but you peoples can report back.. right..?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone