[KERNEL][LineageOS 13/14.1] Steel 6/7 Kernel

Search This thread

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks a lot, what can you tell us about your default kernel parameters? Why shouldn't we change it? :p
You can change it all you want, the main reason my defaults are the way they are is because of battery and finding a balance between that and a smooth UI. I switched from interactive to cultivation as the default CPU governor because it is less aggressive at ramping up the frequencies. Rest assured though, cultivation is based on interactive and should be just as good. NOOP is the default IO scheduler because it's simple and simple is what's best on CPU and battery. The way it's set up by default should be a good config for an average user but you can change it all you want with a kernel tuning app like Kernel Adiutor. The presets in Spectrum have few differences but they will surely end up with a different experience but I wouldn't suggest keeping it on performance or gaming 24/7 because that would use a ton of power.

Reactions: CounterC

nexus_vl

Jan 19, 2014
Mol
Great kernel, loving it!
Had some strange behavior with previous versions, sometimes when rebooting I couldn't get past the OnePlus logo, it kept on rebooting from there on.
After couple of times shutting down the device it would again boot normally. (Tested on lineage 14.1, RR and oasp rom, with same result)
It seems to be gone with latest version.
A good tuned interactive gov still seems the best way to go for good performance versus battery .
Can't​ resist posting some benchmarks ;)
I'm on unofficial pure Nexus ROM.
Highly tuned Steel 7 kernel (obviously)
Hexacore setup (2 high speed cores disabled)
Disabled hotplug, 6cores always online 302Mhz-2,13GHz over/underclock.
Great standby time,only 2% over roughly 7 hours. Not yet had the time to see how my SOT is doing.
Thanks for your great work and your time @Nick80835

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170522-121339.png
    Screenshot_20170522-121339.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20170522-130503.png
    Screenshot_20170522-130503.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20170522-130845.png
    Screenshot_20170522-130845.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_20170522-131834.png
    Screenshot_20170522-131834.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: Nick80835

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Great kernel, loving it!
Had some strange behavior with previous versions, sometimes when rebooting I couldn't get past the OnePlus logo, it kept on rebooting from there on.
After couple of times shutting down the device it would again boot normally. (Tested on lineage 14.1, RR and oasp rom, with same result)
It seems to be gone with latest version.
A good tuned interactive gov still seems the best way to go for good performance versus battery .
Can't​ resist posting some benchmarks ;)
I'm on unofficial pure Nexus ROM.
Highly tuned Steel 7 kernel (obviously)
Hexacore setup (2 high speed cores disabled)
Disabled hotplug, 6cores always online 302Mhz-2,13GHz over/underclock.
Great standby time,only 2% over roughly 7 hours. Not yet had the time to see how my SOT is doing.
Thanks for your great work and your time @Nick80835
What are the temperatures? o_O

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
New update is up, version 2017-05-24:18! The default GPU governor is back to simple_ondemand because it's more power efficient than even msm-adreno-tz with adreno idler. Audio popping should be reduced, no promises, sorry.. Spectrum profiles should now be more reliable and stable due to new apply methods. A few bugs have been fixed and battery life should be a bit better I hope. I also reduced thingies so they can do more thingy. Interactive is the default CPU governor again too. Have fun! I hope nothing weird happens but if something does happen please tell me! :highfive:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrd0lEY3MwbUtQUmM/view?usp=drivesdk

I shall conquer all the lands of kerneltopia! :victory:

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Hello,
Great Kernel,
only things is led notification still didn't work for me, i'm on lineage by seraph.

Thanks
I apologize, I haven't been able to work at all for the past few days and I'm finally going back home today. I might push a small update later, maybe not. I still haven't found what the root cause of the LED issue is, I might have to flash the ROM myself and gather some logs and see what's causing the issue. :(

Reactions: Mohit31

chetan_1215

Jan 10, 2016
Hello there, the kernel is pretty good however whenever I'm trying to click pics in dark with flash on, the flashlight isn't syncing with camera. I'm sure it's kernel related, cause when I flashed back the rom with stock kernel the flashlight was working well. :)

Reactions: Nick80835

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Hello there, the kernel is pretty good however whenever I'm trying to click pics in dark with flash on, the flashlight isn't syncing with camera. I'm sure it's kernel related, cause when I flashed back the rom with stock kernel the flashlight was working well. :)

Bug report is incomplete
Mention

ROM name
ROM build date
ROM build type
Whether ROM is official or not
Whether ROM has added HAL3

Without this information replying to your support request is impossible

chetan_1215

Jan 10, 2016
Bug report is incomplete
Mention

ROM name
ROM build date
ROM build type
Whether ROM is official or not
Whether ROM has added HAL3

Without this information replying to your support request is impossible
Unofficial RR
With the latest kernel
And latest version of it
Yes it has added hal3

Aakash9

Oct 1, 2015
After flashing this kernel . I can't connect my device to a desktop . Adb shows my device is offline . My device isn't showing near my other storage devices
Can it be related to this or is it related to ROM?
ROM:-LoS14.1 18 May

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
After flashing this kernel . I can't connect my device to a desktop . Adb shows my device is offline . My device isn't showing near my other storage devices
Can it be related to this or is it related to ROM?
ROM:-LoS14.1 18 May
Try reflashing your ROMs stock kernel or just reflash the ROM and reinstall the necessary packages such as GApps. If USB is working properly after rebooting then I will take further action and testing myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -STEEL 6/7 KERNEL-
    This is my kernel based on the LineageOS stock kernel! I try to keep it as optimized as possible while adding a few features here and there. Suggest or request features, I don't care as long as it's logical. I hope you like it! Everyone has a different taste though.

-CREDITS-
    ZaneZam, Lord Boeffla, Yarpiin, anupritaisno1, Pranay Narang, FranciscoFranco, the XOS team, LineageOS, osm0sis, aviraxp and maybe a couple others, i'm sorry if I forgot someone!

-FEATURES-
    • CPU underclock to 302mhz on big and little clusters.
    • GPU underclock to 27mhz.
    • GPU default governor is simple_ondemand.
    • Zram disabled.
    • CPU Governors: interactive, ondemand and performance.
    • Franco wakelock blocker.
    • SLIMbus overclock.
    • Fingerprint boost.
    • Kcal control.
    • Spectrum support with 4 preconfigured profiles.
    • Headphone audio boost.

-DOWNLOADS-
    Google Drive

-COMPATIBILITY-
    It is most compatible with LineageOS 14.1/13 and most ROMs based on it. It should work on AOSP/CAF ROMs but not all features are guaranteed.

-BUILD INFO-
    I use UBERTC 4.9.4 and Kubuntu Linux 17.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Steel 6/7, Kernel for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    Nick80835
    Source Code: https://github.com/Nick80835/Steel-Kernel-OP2-Lineage

Kernel Special Features: It boots! :)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2017-08-01:16
    Current Beta Version: ---

Created 2017-06-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-01
    Version 2017-05-20:18!!!

This update is such wow! Adreno idler has joined us finally, and despair has died due to death. I have changed the default GPU governor back to MSM Adreno TZ and tweaked it and Adreno idler for good battery and gaming. I have included a few patches that should make it a little more optimal if that's even possible, and fingerprint boost is now enabled by default at boot where it previously wasn't. Audio should be less of a hassle and should stutter less.. I hope. If anyone has any issues, please throw them my way and I'll see what I can do! As always, enjoy.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrMGtqUWthOFYwM00/view?usp=drivesdk

Muahahahahaha.

Bonus points for posting your battery life.
    Update version 2017-05-15:16 for Nougat:

• Fixed Kcal glitch @xarisCY
    • Removed chill gov due to instability
    • Overclocking has been fixed
    • Fingerprint boost added
    • Install script changes and fixes
    • All modules disabled besides Hcube

If you have any issues, please report them to me and I'll try to fix them! I'm still not sure how I can fix the broken LED for some people. Enjoy!

:highfive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVXpUYWZVZTlITEU/view?usp=drivesdk
    I had to get this out before tomorrow. Version 2017-05-21:21 is up with a few bug fixes and enhancements to fix what the last build surely broke!

Enjoy and report bugs! :eek: :good:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVFBTX2VSZmtWUlU/view?usp=drivesdk
    Update 2017-08-01:16

Update 2017-08-01:16 is up, just maintenance and updates to the latest LineageOS sources. No promises on stability right now because testing has been thin but you peoples can report back.. right..?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone