[KERNEL][LineageOS 13/14.1] Steel 6/7 Kernel

Search This thread

Aakash9

Oct 1, 2015
Try reflashing your ROMs stock kernel or just reflash the ROM and reinstall the necessary packages such as GApps. If USB is working properly after rebooting then I will take further action and testing myself.

1. When i was on Steel 7 kernel and abd wasn't working . I thought after i revoke authorization , it will ask for authorization and maybe adb will work . No Success
2. I didn't had the LoS stock kernel . So I Reflashed LoS14.1 18May Rom without wiping data , on first adb ask for authorization . Adb started working normally .
For storage i uninstalled driver from device manager and repluged my device . Storage was ok too.
P.S. Anybody have a link to LoS stock kernel?

Last edited:

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
1. When i was on Steel 7 kernel and abd wasn't working . I thought after i revoke authorization , it will ask for authorization and maybe adb will work . No Success
2. I didn't had the LoS stock kernel . So I Reflashed LoS14.1 18May Rom without wiping data , on first adb ask for authorization . Adb started working normally .
For storage i uninstalled driver from device manager and repluged my device . Storage was ok too.
P.S. Anybody have a link to LoS stock kernel?
No link is needed, the stock kernel can be found as "boot.img" inside the LOS flashable zip. Just extract the image file and flash the image in recovery by pressing the button in the bottom right that says flash image and make sure you select boot to flash and not recovery.

Reactions: Aakash9

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
does this support f2fs?
F2FS works on the data and cache partitions. It doesn't work for system but that shouldn't be a problem as F2FS gains are mostly in write speeds where system is a read only filesystem it shouldn't make a difference. I use F2FS for data and cache and the performance is great. :fingers-crossed:

monark88

Mar 5, 2015
F2FS works on the data and cache partitions. It doesn't work for system but that shouldn't be a problem as F2FS gains are mostly in write speeds where system is a read only filesystem it shouldn't make a difference. I use F2FS for data and cache and the performance is great. :fingers-crossed:

awesome. yah, i wouldn't format system as f2fs, even if i could..

Aakash9

Oct 1, 2015
No link is needed, the stock kernel can be found as "boot.img" inside the LOS flashable zip. Just extract the image file and flash the image in recovery by pressing the button in the bottom right that says flash image and make sure you select boot to flash and not recovery.
Thanks . BTW will you look into adb offline problem . I don't want to get stuck with the LoS stock kernel.

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks . BTW will you look into adb offline problem . I don't want to get stuck with the LoS stock kernel.
Sure, I couldn't test it before because my USB cable data was broken, not even TWRP could connect to my PC, even fastboot was broken. I recently got some more USB-C cables so now I can test ADB and FTP. :cowboy:

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Always no notification led in seraph rom :(
I apologize for my slow updates.. I haven't been doing so great recently but the latest Steel 7 test version has some improvements. I'm not sure if it will fix that issue but it makes things better overall. I tried to look at his source and it seems he just links to the original LOS source so I'm not sure what changes he made to cause this issue. Again, I apologize. :(

Reactions: Yoyoa and nexus_vl

Bingi46

Nov 3, 2014
bangalore
I apologize for my slow updates.. I haven't been doing so great recently but the latest Steel 7 test version has some improvements. I'm not sure if it will fix that issue but it makes things better overall. I tried to look at his source and it seems he just links to the original LOS source so I'm not sure what changes he made to cause this issue. Again, I apologize. :(
Hey bro real life first no need to apologize [emoji4]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
Reactions: Yoyoa

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
If it works it's cool ! mega thanks to search for that ;)
I am going to install MultiROM later today and I will install LOS 13 alongside 14.1. That wok help me work on and debug my kernel for Marshmallow. While I'm doing that, I may install Seraph08s unofficial LOS 14.1 build. I'm feeling a little better today, my motivation is the thanks and smiles from people using my kernel and like it. :) I suffer from MDD and I had a recent breakup which really screwed me up mentally and physically to the point of self harm. I'll be okay though, I'm trying my best to fix things and make everyone I come across happy, especially dedicated people like you who try to keep me notified of issues. Have a nice day, please.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs

Reactions: B!Gguy and Yoyoa

showstopper1

Nov 30, 2011
I am going to install MultiROM later today and I will install LOS 13 alongside 14.1. That wok help me work on and debug my kernel for Marshmallow. While I'm doing that, I may install Seraph08s unofficial LOS 14.1 build. I'm feeling a little better today, my motivation is the thanks and smiles from people using my kernel and like it. :) I suffer from MDD and I had a recent breakup which really screwed me up mentally and physically to the point of self harm. I'll be okay though, I'm trying my best to fix things and make everyone I come across happy, especially dedicated people like you who try to keep me notified of issues. Have a nice day, please.

I personally want to thank you for your work and your motive to make people happy with what you know , its because of people like you this world is still alive as so is our one plus 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick80835

B!Gguy

Apr 20, 2016
Colombo
Glad to see people like you on xda. open, committed, trying to help to make the android world a better place. Keep up the good work! & don't let your mdd mess you up, be proud for what you've accomplished & keep going. Cheers!!!

Reactions: Nick80835

Nick80835

Jun 11, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
If you go into my Steel 7 Testing folder, the latest test version is very nice. I fixed the camera flash and ADB/MTP may be fixed but I'm not sure. Many different improvements and tons of updates. Try it out, 10/10 would recommend. :p

Reactions: nexus_vl

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
I may have found the issue with the LED notifications. I think it may be these commits in Seraph08s kernel source. I'll see if I can fix it later today.

https://github.com/Seraph08/android...mmit/93bdb225e51367d3b0069eb1dbdd81bc54550fcc

https://github.com/Seraph08/android...mmit/0f2a5f8f33b29d437d150b4d8708d6c3de3ed558

https://github.com/Seraph08/android...mmit/cc16df1bdd2a2b9744bf2aede4edf7afaf5906c9

Here's a bit of my mind. Don't
If you actually implement this you'll end up breaking everything outside of seraph

anupritaisno1

Apr 29, 2014
Why did you tell that? If he implements that you said only seraph going to work?

If it's the case it's bad for me :p

The implementation by seraph occurs in 2 places, the ROM and the device tree
This means that the ROM and the kernel both need to be built with these specific commits
If they were added to a kernel and if the kernel was flashed onto a ROM without this commit, it can break stuff

Yoyoa

Jan 18, 2010
Chelles
The implementation by seraph occurs in 2 places, the ROM and the device tree
This means that the ROM and the kernel both need to be built with these specific commits
If they were added to a kernel and if the kernel was flashed onto a ROM without this commit, it can break stuff

I understand. May be it's time for me to change ROM.

What rom do you use?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -STEEL 6/7 KERNEL-
    This is my kernel based on the LineageOS stock kernel! I try to keep it as optimized as possible while adding a few features here and there. Suggest or request features, I don't care as long as it's logical. I hope you like it! Everyone has a different taste though.

-CREDITS-
    ZaneZam, Lord Boeffla, Yarpiin, anupritaisno1, Pranay Narang, FranciscoFranco, the XOS team, LineageOS, osm0sis, aviraxp and maybe a couple others, i'm sorry if I forgot someone!

-FEATURES-
    • CPU underclock to 302mhz on big and little clusters.
    • GPU underclock to 27mhz.
    • GPU default governor is simple_ondemand.
    • Zram disabled.
    • CPU Governors: interactive, ondemand and performance.
    • Franco wakelock blocker.
    • SLIMbus overclock.
    • Fingerprint boost.
    • Kcal control.
    • Spectrum support with 4 preconfigured profiles.
    • Headphone audio boost.

-DOWNLOADS-
    Google Drive

-COMPATIBILITY-
    It is most compatible with LineageOS 14.1/13 and most ROMs based on it. It should work on AOSP/CAF ROMs but not all features are guaranteed.

-BUILD INFO-
    I use UBERTC 4.9.4 and Kubuntu Linux 17.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Steel 6/7, Kernel for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    Nick80835
    Source Code: https://github.com/Nick80835/Steel-Kernel-OP2-Lineage

Kernel Special Features: It boots! :)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2017-08-01:16
    Current Beta Version: ---

Created 2017-06-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-01
    Version 2017-05-20:18!!!

This update is such wow! Adreno idler has joined us finally, and despair has died due to death. I have changed the default GPU governor back to MSM Adreno TZ and tweaked it and Adreno idler for good battery and gaming. I have included a few patches that should make it a little more optimal if that's even possible, and fingerprint boost is now enabled by default at boot where it previously wasn't. Audio should be less of a hassle and should stutter less.. I hope. If anyone has any issues, please throw them my way and I'll see what I can do! As always, enjoy.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrMGtqUWthOFYwM00/view?usp=drivesdk

Muahahahahaha.

Bonus points for posting your battery life.
    Update version 2017-05-15:16 for Nougat:

• Fixed Kcal glitch @xarisCY
    • Removed chill gov due to instability
    • Overclocking has been fixed
    • Fingerprint boost added
    • Install script changes and fixes
    • All modules disabled besides Hcube

If you have any issues, please report them to me and I'll try to fix them! I'm still not sure how I can fix the broken LED for some people. Enjoy!

:highfive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVXpUYWZVZTlITEU/view?usp=drivesdk
    I had to get this out before tomorrow. Version 2017-05-21:21 is up with a few bug fixes and enhancements to fix what the last build surely broke!

Enjoy and report bugs! :eek: :good:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9YVqhP7dzbrVFBTX2VSZmtWUlU/view?usp=drivesdk
    Update 2017-08-01:16

Update 2017-08-01:16 is up, just maintenance and updates to the latest LineageOS sources. No promises on stability right now because testing has been thin but you peoples can report back.. right..?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone