• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][LOLLIPOP][AOSP]Optimized SM-4.9.3 Kernel [V2.2][D855/D851/D850/LS990]

Search This thread

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.AndroidExplained.com
Thanks. I understand but why then there are people pulling 45000+ on this kernel?
Sorry so that I have a better idea.

Maybe tweak the kernel, like Teddy suggested. Maybe they live in a colder environment than you/keep their device colder. Maybe they use a different ROM than you. Maybe they run less process intensive applications/services than you. There's way too many variables to know for sure

Reactions: droidbits

droidbits

Mar 14, 2013
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Maybe tweak the kernel, like Teddy suggested. Maybe they live in a colder environment than you/keep their device colder. Maybe they use a different ROM than you. Maybe they run less process intensive applications/services than you. There's way too many variables to know for sure

Thank you.
I live in Austria at the moment...that's pretty cold...snow everywhere!
Yes I understand you mate but at the end of the day, is it better to stick to stock kernel (Cyanogenmod 12) or use this one and learn how it behaves?

Last edited:

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.AndroidExplained.com
Thank you.
I live in Austria at the moment...that's pretty cold. lol
Yes I understand you mate but at the end of the day, is it better to stick to stock kernel (Cyanogenmod 12) or use this one and learn how it behaves?

lol fair point.

It's really up to you though. If you like to tweak things then custom kernels are best for you. Or if you're looking for better battery life then custom kernels might be for you too(even without tweaking the settings).

If not, then the stock kernel is probably best as it will give you about an average of both worlds(battery life and performance)

Reactions: droidbits

droidbits

Mar 14, 2013
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
lol fair point.

It's really up to you though. If you like to tweak things then custom kernels are best for you. Or if you're looking for better battery life then custom kernels might be for you too(even without tweaking the settings).

If not, then the stock kernel is probably best as it will give you about an average of both worlds(battery life and performance)

Thank you for your help.

maximo12345

May 28, 2012
Great Kernel! I did some undervolt and changed GPU Governor to simple_on_demand.
Any CPU Governor to use? I LEFT interactive, On LG Rom I used ondemandplus...

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

maximo12345

May 28, 2012
I know it's a million dollar question, but which CPU governor is not buggy (kernel panic I mean) except for Interactive which works great?
I'd like to try another governor with great performance and also goog battery life.
I've set GPU to simpl_on_demand and did some undeervolt. Yesterday 5 hours screen time with 100% screen brighteness.

Fechinator

Feb 12, 2014
Deep down the bavarian forest
I know it's a million dollar question, but which CPU governor is not buggy (kernel panic I mean) except for Interactive which works great?
I'd like to try another governor with great performance and also goog battery life.
I've set GPU to simpl_on_demand and did some undeervolt. Yesterday 5 hours screen time with 100% screen brighteness.

personally i use lagfree

LordKitsuna

Dec 28, 2010
Personally i use Wheatly for the cpu with intelliplug this seems to give amazing battery for me. I dont notice any lag or stutters with it. a huge portion of the time 3 of le 4 cores are just off. I have not messed with the gpu at all not sure what all the governors even do on that one.

zimmerAndy

Nov 19, 2010
Personally i use Wheatly for the cpu with intelliplug this seems to give amazing battery for me. I dont notice any lag or stutters with it. a huge portion of the time 3 of le 4 cores are just off. I have not messed with the gpu at all not sure what all the governors even do on that one.

Is that the only thing you changed?? in trying to get the fourth core to sleep but no luck..

LordKitsuna

Dec 28, 2010
Is that the only thing you changed?? in trying to get the fourth core to sleep but no luck..
Keep in mind i have almost nothing installed. No Facebook no tumblr etc. The only thing I have that should do checks for stuff is whatsapp. Even went with minimal gapps. I used Wheatley, disabled mp decision, enabled intelliplug. Other than that not much. I disabled kernel samepage merging and use noop for I/O.

oRaeX9z.png

Reactions: zimmerAndy

Top Liked Posts